Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People said that about TDKR before it even came out and that sucker didn't even nab the MTV award it was nominated for.

People said that about TDKR before it even came out and that sucker didn't even nab the MTV award it was nominated for.

I'm not saying he deserves one for Interstellar, for all I know it could be garbage. :lol But he was most definitely deserving for Inception.

Underwhelming trailer- I wanted awesome spaceship designs and visual impact on hardware. A cornfield rocket? Interiors looking like stuff from a Syfy made movie? So disappointing from that aspect.
I was hoping for ultra high tech and amazing hardware..sorry
Seriously amazing stuff needs to happen once they go into the wormhole.
Nolan don't let me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I gather in the trailer, the story takes place in the not too distant future. Matthew McConaughey is a brilliant farmer dude with a family. The world is experiencing a famine and will end soon. Matthew McConaughey goes on a mission to space to find another habitat for humans to live on to survive. During the space trip, they enter a wormhole, **** goes down and they warp.

After they find a new civilization or hope for Earth, McConaughey returns and his kids are either dead or really, really old. The End.

I sincerely hope you are wrong!:slap

Underwhelming trailer- I wanted awesome spaceship designs and visual impact on hardware. A cornfield rocket? Interiors looking like stuff from a Syfy made movie? So disappointing from that aspect.
Seriously amazing stuff needs to happen once they go into the wormhole.
Nolan don't let me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think this isnt supposed to take place that far in the future. Nolan is probably opting for a more realistic approach and look.

Think this isnt supposed to take place that far in the future. Nolan is probably opting for a more realistic approach and look.

Yes I know that but was hoping Nasa or whomever had a secret complex somewhere building an new generation super spaceship...totally unlike nothing ever seen....to go through a wormhole and survive..however i don't know the plot but I'm still excited!

I sincerely hope you are wrong!:slap

That's what I think happens, unless Nolan rewrote Johnathan Nolan's treatment that I saw.

Originally Matthew McConaughey's kid, Murph or whatever, was originally a boy, but the girl seems to fit now from the trailer, especially seeing Jessica Chastain in there. Everything in the script from the lines to the scenes fit what was in that script. So yeah, I bet they look for a wormhole in space (you can see the warp and fisheye effects in the trailer) for a new civilization since Earth is dying. They meet a few extraterrestrial beings on a planet, the mission goes to ****, then McConaughey goes back to earth. He thinks all is lost and stays there to die.

Twist is, he hasn't aged because of the interstellar exploration! He wakes up on a space station and it turns out that his daughter found life in the universe for humans to live thanks to those drone probes. His kids have been dead for hundreds of years but saved civilization from destruction and famine.

There's also a robot (similar to HAL) and a gratitous sex scene with Anne Hathaway. That's good enough for me.

I wanted awesome spaceship designs and visual impact on hardware. A cornfield rocket? Interiors looking like stuff from a Syfy made movie? So disappointing from that aspect.

iWKad22l.jpg

That's what I think happens, unless Nolan rewrote Johnathan Nolan's treatment that I saw.

Originally Matthew McConaughey's kid, Murph or whatever, was originally a boy, but the girl seems to fit now from the trailer, especially seeing Jessica Chastain in there. Everything in the script from the lines to the scenes fit what was in that script. So yeah, I bet they look for a wormhole in space (you can see the warp and fisheye effects in the trailer) for a new civilization since Earth is dying. They meet a few extraterrestrial beings on a planet, the mission goes to ****, then McConaughey goes back to earth. He thinks all is lost and stays there to die.

Twist is, he hasn't aged because of the interstellar exploration! He wakes up on a space station and it turns out that his daughter found life in the universe for humans to live thanks to those drone probes. His kids have been dead for hundreds of years but saved civilization from destruction and famine.

There's also a robot (similar to HAL) and a gratitous sex scene with Anne Hathaway. That's good enough for me.

My theory is that the story(s) will be told simultaneously. One featuring McConaughey and his kid's and the other featuring Casey Affleck and Jessica Chastain. The big reveal will be that they are his children all grown-up.

Color me disappointed if this is all to it...I was hoping for many twists and revelations and Nolan-esque mind ****s...I had hoped for a more 2001ish vagueness.
See what happens when you imagine a great film before you know the facts? Too much expectations that can't be met...:cuckoo:.

This doesn't look as good as I expected tbh.

The plot seems bizarre to say the least. We're crazy desperate to survive so we send one team into space led by a farmer? I know Nolan's stories are highly psychological but this seems like a stretch too far.

And based on Difab's description, I hope to hell that this isn't going to rely on a twist or gimmick like a reveal it was his kids all along. Nolans quickly becoming the next M. Night Shyamalan where all his movies try to have some twist at the expense of everything else he's built up along the way. Prestige, Inception, Rises, too much reliance on a twist. We get it, I'm expecting it now and that's not good. I was excited that Nolan's finally doing a movie he actually wants to do again but after this trailer, my expectations are lowered.

Wait till the Vulcans arrive. Reminded me just a little of ST First Contact

Trailer was perfect. Didn't give anything away. Excited about this movie. My most anticipated movie along with GotG.

For all those who've read the script, can you discuss the movie plot in spoilers?

Well of course it seems underwhelming if you describe it like that. "Pffff, yeah and then that happens, which then leads to that. But at least that happens then. Seems kinda lame" You could make Shawshank Redemption Shi*tty like that. Reading script summary's from jaded internet forum posters is not a great way to judge a film. I would not be surprised if the script changed as well from the one that "leaked" on the internet. Watch the film, judge the film. Don't get caught up in the hype.

Well of course it seems underwhelming if you describe it like that. "Pffff, yeah and then that happens, which then leads to that. But at least that happens then. Seems kinda lame" You could make Shawshank Redemption Shi*tty like that. Reading script summary's from jaded internet forum posters is not a great way to judge a film. I would not be surprised if the script changed as well from the one that "leaked" on the internet. Watch the film, judge the film. Don't get caught up in the hype.

I wasn't the one who criticized it or said it was underwhelming, I just shared what I knew. That's all. Thanks for calling me jaded though, I appreciate it.

And I read Stephen King's Different Seasons: Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption before I saw the actual Darabont film, and I still loved it nonetheless. In fact, I liked it more than the book.

No one likes anything on this board, place is a pure downer fest.

That's one of the reasons I can't be bothered to post here much any more, which is a shame.

Some of the comments on this board seem to be written by children (and I'm not the most mature of people) who are just trying to be negative for the sake of it. With comments like "that's gay" or just posting images or animated GIFs, "trying" to be funny, etc.

The negative comments remind me of those people in the cinema who try to impress their mates or girlfriends by saying really loud "that looks rubbish" after a trailer for a film, that actually looks really good.

Says a lot about them really...

But there's no point trying to change them. Just let them get on with it and don't interact or acknowledge them. They will either move on or the board will eventually shut down.

PsychoCenobite :horror

EDIT: This was an interesting read about why there is so much negativity on the Internet:

https://www.realsimple.com/work-life/technology/communication-etiquette/negativity-00100000073022/

"Being negative actually hurts the perpetrator more than it hurts whoever is on the receiving end. Let negative feelings run rampant, and you risk damaging not only real-world friendships or your social standing in online communities, but also your physical health long term. On the flip side, psychologists say that learning how to dial up the good vibes and play nice online may help you feel happier, improve your health, and make you feel more connected to others. And isn’t that what this whole Internet revolution was supposed to be about?"

Last edited:
If the board is so depressing, negative and full of people that act like immature children, then why do you guys still hang around then? The door is right there.

This place doesn't seem bad to me, in fact, it seems better than it was a few years ago. Sure, you'll have your occasional squabbles about statues, action figures and movies, but so what? It's a ****ing message board. It'd be boring if we were all mindless drones agreeing on every damn thing. Those gifs of people "trying to be funny" or their posts in general atleast evoke a sense of personality instead of crying about people that don't happen to like somebody else's said statue, action figure or movie.

Back