Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't really show anything special, but has a nice, uplifiting tone. I am looking forward to a movie with a strong "SF exploration" vibe, that will be more about humanity leaving Earth and entering a new stage, rather than preventing another disaster Armageddon style.

Nolan trailers never do. His trailers are set to pique interest and not give the game away. That's refreshing in an age where I have had too many films ruined by watching the trailers.

Very interesting. Reminds me of Contact in a lot of ways (besides McConaughy). I wonder if the bulk of the movie is actually what happens when he comes back, and this trailer mostly shows what happens in act 1. Is Jessica Chastain supposed to be the little girl Murphy grown up?

I saw this before Godzilla and I teared up it was so damn good. Looks like Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath" meets Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey." I have no idea if the fusion of those two classics could possibly create something, something as great as what both of those possess. We'll see in November.

Very interesting. Reminds me of Contact in a lot of ways (besides McConaughy). I wonder if the bulk of the movie is actually what happens when he comes back, and this trailer mostly shows what happens in act 1. Is Jessica Chastain supposed to be the little girl Murphy grown up?

McConaughy was in Contact, so that too actually...

Chastain definitely looks like the character growing up. Seems very unlikely that he would return within her lifetime.

anything with Anne Hathaway, Im in.

it was really weird listening to the v for vendetta theme when watching this, but I am glad the song is getting the attention it deserves

From what I gather in the trailer, the story takes place in the not too distant future. Matthew McConaughey is a brilliant farmer dude with a family. The world is experiencing a famine and will end soon. Matthew McConaughey goes on a mission to space to find another habitat for humans to live on to survive. During the space trip, they enter a wormhole, **** goes down and they warp.

After they find a new civilization or hope for Earth, McConaughey returns and his kids are either dead or really, really old. The End.

From what I gather in the trailer, the story takes place in the not too distant future. Matthew McConaughey is a brilliant farmer dude with a family. The world is experiencing a famine and will end soon. Matthew McConaughey goes on a mission to space to find another habitat for humans to live on to survive. During the space trip, they enter a wormhole, **** goes down and they warp.

After they find a new civilization or hope for Earth, McConaughey returns and his kids are either dead or really, really old. The End.

You forgot: Christopher Nolan gets an Oscar.

I expect it's less "accidentally encounters a wormhole" and more about an intentional interstellar mission to find another planet to live on. The fisheye lens effect is the current scientific thinking of what near-FTL travel would look like from the traveler's POV.

Back