Statue Captain America premium format mod (Now with pictures!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bmarz! yeah I think its such an easy thing to do to get two display pieces out of one, no more leaving that alternate head in a box, that baby is going on a shelf!

Thanks Bmarz! yeah I think its such an easy thing to do to get two display pieces out of one, no more leaving that alternate head in a box, that baby is going on a shelf!

Agreed. Sideshow has done a display option with both their life size Vader bust and their new 1/6 Vader but I've never seen it done with a PF! Looks great!

Thanks guys, and yes I cnt wait to see what your photographer can do with my custom Bmarz, here are some pics of the finished tommy guns, I used some leather strip form the local hobby store, and a square chain necklace that I ruthlessly cut apart to make the articulated links, the slings are adjustable just like the real thing

It's perfect Hoyt; you did an amazing job! I love the slings on the Thompson's! This will no doubtably be a centerpiece of my collection. Thanks so much!

I must say, this mod is on par with the new pf. Very good job man!

Hear hear! Believe it or not, I had the idea for the Thompson BEFORE they announced/previewed the Allied Charge on Hydra PF! My favorite aspect of this version of Cap is the WWII timeline. The Thompson added to the 40's flavor of the statue in my opinion and helped balance the piece.

Thankfully, there are 1/4 scale model kits of this particular weapon and Hoyt is a master model-builder, sculpter and painter.

I couldn't be happier with how this turned out.

Last edited:
Thank you so much guys! that means a lot to me, and I cnt wait to see what Bmarz's photographer can do with it, I just hope it stands up to the scrutiny of a high power dslr lense:pray:, all my pics are done with my windows 8x phone.

As for the bust, I really did want to sell it, It made so much sense, I have the mold and can cast a lot of copies. . . .but:(

I would be breaking copyright and liscencing laws if I sold it. (Bmarz's bust is a bonus that I am giving him, not selling him) Its a direct mold of sideshows statue, and because I want to be in good standing with sideshow, I unfortunately cannot sell it :monkey3

with that said, if anyone is interested it is terribly easy to make, all u need is alumilite brand mold putty, its a silicone two part clay that you mix and smush over the top of the statue, it doesn't hurt the paint and is very easy to use. If you make your own mold, then use alumilites two part liquid resin to cast it and you can send it to me to paint and mount for you. No problem and no laws broken:clap

P.m. me if anyone is interested or needs more info, its a great adition to the statue, a very quick paint job and just an awesome way to display the alternate head

A lot of my pics were lost with the new format, I do have some pics of the mod in my thread in the customs section, its called "Lordragnars Customs" I will try to put a link in this thread

Back