Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format.

Loving that rock base. Why are people complaining about the foot?

I think 'person' would be the correct phrase as Geb is seemingly the only person who has an issue with the foot or rather "makeshift shoe sole". :dunno

Someone mentioned the cool bottom of the foot...well, it really looks like they didn't know what to do with it, so they covered it with some makeshift shoe sole.

Personally, I think it looks great, and to me it is an indication that SS has spared no attention to detail.....

2011-03-02_115610.png

Last edited:

I think 'person' would be the correct phrase as Geb is seemingly the only person who has an issue with the foot or rather "makeshift shoe sole". :dunno

Personally, I think it looks great, and to me it is an indication that SS has spared no detail.....

2011-03-02_115610.png

Looks good to me... What the hell is an Orc sole supposed to look like anyway? Maybe some kind of Air Jordan pattern on the bottom?

Ah, but do we know if Sauron is a maquette yet? As far as I know it's just been hinted (both by Jerry and SS), that it will be big, and I think SS said something along the lines of "it may not fall officially into PF status, but will be big", or something like that.

Now that could mean it's a PF in that it has fabric etc but isn't quite 1/4 scale, or it is indeed a maquette. We don't know.

Or if we do and i've missed something, feel free to correct me. :)

Monday, January 10th, 2011

Question : Is there any possibility of a Sauron Premium Format and/or a Saruman? I was unfortunate enough to miss all of your previous Sauron products because I just recently discovered Sideshow.

Answer : Yup. Saruman and Sauron have just officially graduated from the candidate list to the confirmed, planned, product line-up for 2012. We’ll be collaborating with Jerry Vanderstelt on Sauron, who may or may not end up “officially” in the PF classification, but will be BIG.

SS's response isn't exactly clear, one way or the other and I'm just speculating at the moment. However, SS's "may or may not end up “officially” in the PF classification" comment, plus the fact we have yet to see a single bad guy maquette lead me to believe Sauron will be a maquette. Either way, I'll be buying it. :)

Give Josh a break guys. Josh is a good guy :hi5:

Thank ya :)

In a way I agree with you but now both this thread and the Beserker has degenerated into a "Look SS are at it again with the shady going-ons". The changes to the text in both descriptions are so vastly different I don't think it can be described as a simple typo. The person who typed the information may have been given the wrong information however.

The excellence of both pieces is getting lost as a result.

Yeah, both threads are a bit crazy. I don't believe any malice was involved but the price change should have them come out and say we messed up when posting it.

The stud placement of his soles is remarkably similar to the stud placement of his hammer. Coincidence? I think not! What's going on here?!? That makes no sense at all! SS is screwing us again! Just kidding you haters. Some folks will just heap hate on anything. :rolleyes: :monkey3

blackOrcSoleHammer.jpg

SS's response isn't exactly clear, one way or the other and I'm just speculating at the moment. However, SS's "may or may not end up “officially” in the PF classification" comment, plus the fact we have yet to see a single bad guy maquette lead me to believe Sauron will be a maquette. Either way, I'll be buying it. :)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll also be buying it whatever it is. :lol

My take on it is that the sheer size of the maquette would be closer to the size of the LOTR PFs; i.e. 18-24 inches or so in height with the base. Considering Sauron's height in the movies and shrinking that down to 1:6 scale it would seem to make sense.

But officially, it cannot be considered a PF if it isn't 1:4 scale. At least, that's my interpretation. I could be way off.

My take on it is that the sheer size of the maquette would be closer to the size of the LOTR PFs; i.e. 18-24 inches or so in height with the base. Considering Sauron's height in the movies and shrinking that down to 1:6 scale it would seem to make sense.

But officially, it cannot be considered a PF if it isn't 1:4 scale. At least, that's my interpretation. I could be way off.

I'm reading it the same way myself. In the past SS has specifically mentioned there are certain characters they cannot do based on size [ie Balrog], which leads me to believe there isn't alot of leeway SS has to work with in regard to scale. And yes, a 24" 1/6th scale Sauron maquette would fit in perfectly [size-wise] with the PF's SS has done to date.

The stud placement of his soles is remarkably similar to the stud placement of his hammer. Coincidence? I think not! What's going on here?!? That makes no sense at all! SS is screwing us again! Just kidding you haters. Some folks will just heap hate on anything. :rolleyes: :monkey3

blackOrcSoleHammer.jpg

Excellent find! There are certainly some haters around here, but Geb isn't one of them. I tend to believe he was, in his own words, "just having a bad day". :)

blackOrcSoleHammer.jpg

Pretty obvious that he hammered out his own shoes before going out to meet the forces of Minas Tirith. Poor orcs can't even buy their own equipment...have to make it all themselves. No wonder they lost the war..

Excellent find! There are certainly some haters around here, but Geb isn't one of them. I tend to believe he was, in his own words, "just having a bad day". :)
I dig, woods. I know that forums are a place for folks to sometimes nitpick about crazy seemingly insignificant details and whether or not something makes sense. It just occasionally drives me to the edge. I mean these are creatures that don't exist, nor did anyone here create them to state whether or not something indeed jives. I should be more tolerant. I am a nerd and so is everyone else around this joint. Nerds unite. :grouphug

Last edited:

I dig, woods. I know that forums are a place for folks to sometimes nitpick about crazy seemingly insignificant details and whether or not something makes sense. It just occasionally drives me to the edge. I mean these are creatures that don't exist, nor did anyone here create them to state whether or not something indeed jives. I should be more tolerant. I am a nerd and so is everyone else around this joint. Nerds unite. :grouphug

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

Yeah, I know what you're saying ....I have been known to have the occasional meltdown myself :monkey3 :lol

Does it make sense to me that you have Orc's [like the small one near the far left] with a helm 3 sizes too large for his head, or another one [just to the right of centre] wearing armour around his stomach and no where else? Of course not, but that's obviously the way PJ wanted to portray these guys and who am I too argue with him? :dunno

Last edited:
Back