Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format.

I have to admit, this is perhaps the most puzzling comment you made in your entire post :confused: How on earth can you claim the PF line is "creeping to a halt"? When have statues of this line ever been produced at greater than 'turtle-like' speed? SS has consistantly produced about two PFs/year since the line began and seeing as they still have 10 months to go...... I'm pretty confident we'll see at least one more [RWOS] before the end of the year.
:exactly::goodpost::lecture:lecture:lecture

Edition size change is nothing compared o a $300 increase in price.:panic::panic:

Sideshow really needs to stop pulling this CRAP with ES changes and price changes. It is absolutely ridiculous to think not a single employee at SS caught this before they published it on the site. They are treading a very slippery slope, however as long as people buy what do they care. I just hope we don't see another Moria Orc FIASCO with this piece since it does have similar cloth elements, one can only hope now.

Sideshow really needs to stop pulling this CRAP with ES changes and price changes. It is absolutely ridiculous to think not a single employee at SS caught this before they published it on the site. They are treading a very slippery slope, however as long as people buy what do they care. I just hope we don't see another Moria Orc FIASCO with this piece since it does have similar cloth elements, one can only hope now.

It is one thing to change the ES or price before pre-orders begin and quite another to do so after pre-ordering has begun. Obviously someone at SS screwed up, but is this really a big deal? Not a single person is out one penny, nor has this mistake cost a single collector one second of their time in having to cancel an order.

Last edited:

Is it one thing to change the ES or price before pre-orders begin and quite another to do so after pre-ordering has begun. Obviously someone at SS screwed up, but is this really a big deal? Not a single person is out one penny, nor has this mistake cost a single collector one second of their time in having to cancel an order.

It is a big deal. Has everything to do with integrity in which case before pre-orders or after is a moot point.

The PFs that everyone wants made are yet to see light.. guess we will have to keep waiting/hoping that they get made.

Here we are getting more random characters from the movie, why not Gothmog instead of this Orc, by all means it does look nice from top to bottom and I am thankfull for SS to keep popping PFs for the LoTR line but for a $300+$150+/- btw shipping/taxes/customs that's nearly hitting the $500 a pop I would prefer spending it on a note worthy char imo.

As for the ES I am pretty sure it was a human error with the listing, ____ happens good thing they noticed it before Thursdays after people order this :D

Is it one thing to change the ES or price before pre-orders begin and quite another to do so after pre-ordering has begun. Obviously someone at SS screwed up, but is this really a big deal? Not a single person is out one penny, nor has this mistake cost a single collector one second of their time in having to cancel an order.

Gotta agree. Who cares before so as you said nobody is out any money.

Gotta agree. Who cares before so as you said nobody is out any money.

Sorry bro gotta disagree with you here. Raising the hopes of collectors only to dash them is cruel and unnecessary not to mention unprofessional.
:gah:

Sorry bro gotta disagree with you here. Raising the hopes of collectors only to dash them is cruel and unnecessary not to mention unprofessional.

I could see a stink being raised if orders had been taken. No money was exchanged. My guess it was just miss listed on the site.

Yes...but like it was said before, if it was after ordering began, then I think it would have been a real issue. Now we just talking about emotions here. Sideshow did not do that intentionally to screw with our minds and all we had to deal with was the emotion we had to go through.

I wasn't very happy at first but at the end of the day it still is a great piece and I'm still getting it. I'm not a flipper so it doesn't matter to me....

Besides, the price remained the same.....

Cheers :1-1:

Bear

Yes...but like it was said before, if it was after ordering began, then I think it would have been a real issue. Now we just talking about emotions here. Sideshow did not do that intentionally to screw with our minds and all we had to deal with was the emotion we had to go through.

I wasn't very happy at first but at the end of the day it still is a great piece and I'm still getting it. I'm not a flipper so it doesn't matter to me....

Besides, the price remained the same.....

Bear

Hi bear :wave

I think we went a little OT cos I said the edition size change to me is no biggie, ESP when compared with the change in price for the bersereker bust.

Josh and woody were saying it was no big deal since no loss of money actually took place.

However, I feel that such a slip up should not occur, esp with a company like SS.

Collecting has its heart in the emotions of the collectors. We buy because we feel a connection to a piece.

I mean @$899, you had a lot of collectors being very positive about the bust and giving credit to SS.

That to me was goodwill earned. I wish they had said, " Wow, what a positive vibe we're getting! Let's just throw the collectors a bone.":monkey2

I agree the change of price on the bust is a little bit bigger cause there is a large difference in $900 to $1200.

Hi bear :wave

I think we went a little OT cos I said the edition size change to me is no biggie, ESP when compared with the change in price for the bersereker bust.

Josh and woody were saying it was no big deal since no loss of money actually took place.

However, I feel that such a slip up should not occur, esp with a company like SS.

Collecting has its heart in the emotions of the collectors. We buy because we feel a connection to a piece.

I mean @$899, you had a lot of collectors being very positive about the bust and giving credit to SS.

That to me was goodwill earned. I wish they had said, " Wow, what a positive vibe we're getting! Let's just throw the collectors a bone.":monkey2

Hi Tnaig! :)

To a certain extend I agree with you. When it comes to the Berserker bust I think the price difference was a let down because the excitement it generated among collectors. I also agree that the mistake was a big let down because Sideshow knows that, as artists and collectors, we wear our emotions on our sleeves, and that kind of error should never happen....

Having said that, we should not let our emotions take over and make us upset over a mistake. Sideshow is not trying to screw us up or like you said "trying to throw us a bone"

I'm unhappy about it, I will let Sideshow know about it by emailing them(I'm sure they are aware of it by now) and see the pieces for what they are. Sideshow is a great company and I'm glad that it didn't happen a few days later or after pre ordering because then I think it would have been 10 times worse.

Yeah, they F#@* up and they should at least apologize, but personally I don't think it is worth getting really upset about it.

Just my two cents....

Cheers

Bear

Back