Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DCEU Untitled ‘Birds of Prey’ film finds director, has completed script

This looks awesome !! Love the synthe music and over all vibe. Would love for this to be a completely seperate thing, looks like it’s going to be a neo noir 80s shindig ( PERFFEECCFTTTT FOR THIS MOVIE) Margot Robbie ewan mcgegor and Mary e winstead, insanely stacked.

Uh oh. Margot Robbie is still Harley Quinn. I thought they were far less focused on a connected universe. Just kidding, but I am going to keep berating that point. Hopefully this movie turns out okay. I really don’t get any sense of how it’s going to be, other than liking some of the casting. Not crazy about a lot of the costume design so far, but it’s still pretty early into the precedings so I’ll try to reserve judgment for now.

Whatever happened to costumes? I miss costumes. No one wears costumes anymore. They just wear.... clothes. :(

Uh oh. Margot Robbie is still Harley Quinn. I thought they were far less focused on a connected universe. Just kidding, but I am going to keep berating that point. Hopefully this movie turns out okay. I really don’t get any sense of how it’s going to be, other than liking some of the casting. Not crazy about a lot of the costume design so far, but it’s still pretty early into the precedings so I’ll try to reserve judgment for now.

Costumes look like a fancy dress party or themed night out, but I guess that is what they're going for

That's Robie as Harley??She looks so different

It's not a good thing when you can't recognize any of the characters.

That’s a good point. I mean, I know Robie’s Harley Quinn just because I’ve seen her in the role before. I kinda recognized Huntress just because of the pistol crossbow (although even the version on Arrow looked more like Huntress than that), but if I had to guess who the other characters were just by looking at them, I’d have no idea. At least give Black Mask his black mask.

I don't think these are the final look. Filming only started shooting not even a month ago. This was probably just released to get the public back into the Harley Quinn mood... Hopefully

When finally DC gets on a roll....

I don't think these are the final look. Filming only started shooting not even a month ago. This was probably just released to get the public back into the Harley Quinn mood... Hopefully

Harley will have different outfits and huntress will have at least two going from the teaser. It's clear they're not being faithful to the comics visually though which makes me sad

It's not a good thing when you can't recognize any of the characters.

Birds-of-Prey-Ewan-McGregor-as-Black-Mask-2.jpg

:lol

i just realized Black Canary was Michelle Tanners bestie :lol

eRKThwc.jpg

Black Canary actually looks the best of everyone in that “teaser”.

Birds-of-Prey-Jurnee-Smollett-Bell-Black-Canary.jpg

Huntress is probably the most disappointing. They were willing to give her a midriff, but she looks absolutely nothing like the character apart from her crossbow. It’s a shame the director (or someone) said the costumes are going to be more “subdued” in this than in SKWAD, especially after Aquaman.

I had no idea that the film is called, "Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn." :lol

So does that title mean Letoker is in the film?

I don’t think they have said for sure, but there was supposed to be a Joker/Harley movie in development at the same time as this. I would think that if they go through with that movie, that he may not appear in this one. But then, things seem to be constantly changing with Warner Bros. DC films, so who knows.

I’m not calling it that at the ticket counter. Lol

I wonder if anyone insists on saying the full title of these movies when getting their ticket:lol

It's weird cos these are meant to be standalone films but they have the same actress playing Harley, who we're used to seeing with letoker but is possible we'll see a completely different joker. Seems like a bit of a mess

Back