1/6 Dc's Birds of prey and the Fantabulous emancipation of one Harley Quinn SPECULATION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an absolutely vacuous piece of trash.

Unbelievable...

As lifelong DC comics fans we should ALL agree not to buy 1 frickin' ticket to this abomination.
(Not even the matinee)

No wonder Hot Toys has put these DC movies on the back burner.
This is such crap...

SHHHEEEESH!

This is an absolutely vacuous piece of trash.

Unbelievable...

As lifelong DC comics fans we should ALL agree not to buy 1 frickin' ticket to this abomination.
(Not even the matinee)

No wonder Hot Toys has put these DC movies on the back burner.
This is such crap...

SHHHEEEESH!

Lol, I think I will see the film to decide for myself.

Yeah this looks terrible. I don't know if they are saving a Black Mask reveal, but he was my only hope for this. Not sure why they even start the title with Birds of Prey with as much Harley is in the trailer.

For those of you that aren't liking the trailer is it because you want something more directly inspired by comics? DCAU inspired? More in the MCU vein? Worried that it will be chockful of in-your-face 'woke' messages?

It looks great to me because I prefer auteur filmmaking that's artistically risk-taking, offbeat, might offer some thought-provovking commentary about the society we actually live in, etc.

As to fidelity to the comics, there's lots of different iterations, as we know. Myself, I'm open to directors creating fresh visions of the characters versus rooting the character in a particular comic book characterization. I'm not much of a comic reader except growing up with Silver Age comics. Although in recent years I've accumulated a small library of graphic novels related to DCEU films such as Watchmen, TDKR, Red Son, Death of Superman, Flashpoint, Batman: Earth One (seems to provide the inspiration for Irons' Alfred), Kirby's New Gods run, a couple of the New 52 Wonder Woman and Aquaman, etc. But they're like reference materials to me. I'm basically a film guy.

But anyway I'm fine with redefinitions of the characters that reflect the world we actually inhabit. I like that better than a purely escapist world for the film.

I like the MCU just fine for what it is. Ditto the Nolan trilogy. But I still prefer to see something fresh, creative, and daring done with these IPs.

I wish the costumes were closer to the comics and agree they look bad but I'll still go see the movie and decide for myself. If the story is good that's far more important than how they are dressed. I thought the trailer was promising.

And still no mask on Black Mask :lol

Kato from green hornet ? :

Black-Mask-DC-Comics-2.png

I hope a full mask.

Yeah this looks terrible. I don't know if they are saving a Black Mask reveal, but he was my only hope for this. Not sure why they even start the title with Birds of Prey with as much Harley is in the trailer.

Well I think it's pretty clearly because she's the most recognizable character right now and will be the biggest draw. And the movie is clearly centered around Harley so why wouldn't the first trailer focus more on her?

I don't think the movie is actually centered around Harley, certainly not as much as the trailer indicates.

She's the easy marketing draw, which is why the trailer's about her.

I think trailer is amazing. Love the art, love the soundtrack. Obviously it's crazy, but rollers and hyena ... come on, it's great.

Calling it now...

HOT
MESS

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

For those of you that aren't liking the trailer is it because you want something more directly inspired by comics? DCAU inspired? More in the MCU vein? Worried that it will be chockful of in-your-face 'woke' messages?

It looks great to me because I prefer auteur filmmaking that's artistically risk-taking, offbeat, might offer some thought-provovking commentary about the society we actually live in, etc.

As to fidelity to the comics, there's lots of different iterations, as we know. Myself, I'm open to directors creating fresh visions of the characters versus rooting the character in a particular comic book characterization. I'm not much of a comic reader except growing up with Silver Age comics. Although in recent years I've accumulated a small library of graphic novels related to DCEU films such as Watchmen, TDKR, Red Son, Death of Superman, Flashpoint, Batman: Earth One (seems to provide the inspiration for Irons' Alfred), Kirby's New Gods run, a couple of the New 52 Wonder Woman and Aquaman, etc. But they're like reference materials to me. I'm basically a film guy.

But anyway I'm fine with redefinitions of the characters that reflect the world we actually inhabit. I like that better than a purely escapist world for the film.

I like the MCU just fine for what it is. Ditto the Nolan trilogy. But I still prefer to see something fresh, creative, and daring done with these IPs.

Auteur? Lmao. Risk taking? This looks no different from Deadpool

Suicide Squad? Looks just like it, but with all chicks....err...Suicide Girls. Don't look that up. I will agree that Harley is interesting and daring, but I was shown nothing else. I don't think woke is breaking up with her bf, becoming a stripper at Black Mask's club and rallying the ladies to kill people is going to stick it to the guys out there. I'm sure there is plenty of dudes that will sign up just for Harley and DC.

I havent really been keeping up to date with BoP news but i just saw these the other night. With the new cut of the movie getting good reactions, and other companies doing figures I can See Hot Toys doing at least the main gold suit harley, A full costumed Huntress (mask an white stripes on the jacket can be seen slightly in the group photo with canary and montoya), and a Black Canary probably the blue suit.
ddgfxi1-ec643548-8523-4d97-9077-99519cf2d437.jpg
ddgfxk4-8fc217f9-4940-48ad-aa23-8097386d6b9b.jpg
download.jpeg
birds-of-prey-4k-1b.jpg
images.jpeg

Some of the other figures
download (2).jpeg
download (4).jpeg
download (3).jpeg
download (5).jpeg
images (1).jpeg
download (6).jpeg

Yes I?m hearing good reactions from the last test screening too, it?s very Tarantino, or so they say.

Ugh. That huntress is awful. The costumes are disgusting. Even harly. Suicide squad had better looking outfits. Everyone looks so damn plain

Ugh. That huntress is awful. The costumes are disgusting. Even harly. Suicide squad had better looking outfits. Everyone looks so damn plain

It?s the same look as suicide squad though. Only person who wore a costume was deadshot. Everyone else was in normal clothes.

It?s the same look as suicide squad though. Only person who wore a costume was deadshot. Everyone else was in normal clothes.

No it?s not the same look. She had like panties on and a jacket. Also SS has kitana, harly, and deadshot who looked fine.

Back