Best/Worst Indy scenes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sir, merit the finger.

FordFinger.jpg

"Put that thing away before you get us all killed!" :joy

basically i'll tell you what has been told to me when i tried to 'control' the posters and the content in a thread i started. it's not 'your' thread and not 'your' board. once the thread has started (unless a fs or wtb thread in commerce) people can post their remarks as they see fit, as long as the posts aren't abusive. even if the thread 'evolves' to something else. my advice is to learn to live with it. new to the internet, are you? :monkey2 :lol

btw, the new indy sucks people, don't waste your money like i did.

You, my good sir... are a jerk.

I wasn't trying to attack you, and I am most certainly not new to the internet either. I know how it works. But what I saw was several "thread sharks" going through every single thread and ignoring what it was about, just to reiterate again how much they hated the movie. I don't dislike you for being honest about your opinion, you are welcome to it and can say whatever you want.

But whenever you post something like that, you are just asking for someone to post back and feed your fire. I guess I bit. It won't happen again my friend. I bit and gave you an excuse to spread more venom... for that I apologize.

Last nugget of truth... it's ok to have your own opinion and to voice it, but once you start trying to force that opinion on others and bend them to your way of thinking... you are wrong. That is all I'm saying... I'm done with this thread. :lol

It seems that the monkey/vine swinging scene is one of the most despised. I can't say I feel the same simply because of the looks on my kids' faces throughout. They were thrilled to see the monkeys (they are fascinated by all sorts of animals, monkeys included) and the big smile on my son's face when Mutt was swinging endears the scene to me. Had I seen it at midnight with my peers, I would not likely have had the same experience.

Wanna get this thread back on track Tom and list your favorite/least favorite scenes?

Here's a quote from Alan Dean Foster (co-writer of the novelization of the original STAR WARS) about another one of the series' "refrigerator" scenes:

"What the audience will not accept is someone stepping out of an airplane with only an inflated rubber life raft to cushion his fall of several thousand feet... As the young audience at the showing I attended murmured sotto voce, 'Aw, come on!'"

And there was not a single shot in the Indy films as bad as this:

serotjsnoodlesel4.jpg

Now I'm going to think for a few minutes and do a proper listing of my favorite and least favorite moments from all four films. Back in a bit...

Last edited:
It seems that the monkey/vine swinging scene is one of the most despised. I can't say I feel the same simply because of the looks on my kids' faces throughout. They were thrilled to see the monkeys (they are fascinated by all sorts of animals, monkeys included) and the big smile on my son's face when Mutt was swinging endears the scene to me. Had I seen it at midnight with my peers, I would not likely have had the same experience.

I agree with that sentiment. I feel that this film was more a family film. There were new elements that still felt like an Indy film and nods to the first three put in there for those who grew up with the Indy. But, there was some over the top, goofy parts that I think were geared to kids. Something for old and young. The over 30 set are no longer the "it" demographic and the '20' something set won't be forever. If you want to keep Indy going you need to introduce it another generation. I think a lot of the anger is coming from people who were expecting something to make up for the prequels. Just my 2 cents.

Raiders: My favorite scene is the chase sequence. Big set piece done right. Can't think of a worst scene. For economy of editing and pace I consider "Raiders" as one of the best movies ever produced.

As for "Temple of Doom" the fight tween Indy and The Big Thuggee in the mines still brings me to tears. Seeing the hero struggle and overcome still moves me to this day. Worst setpiece in my mind I bestow on the Dining fare at the Palace. Gross back in the day but now it's borders on being schtick.

The cycle escape from the Nazis encapsulates "The Last Crusade" for me. Father and son together again but not as one. The look on Henry's face after Indy jousts a Nazi off his cycled perch was priceless.

My least favorite scenes in the film has to be the ones which took place at the University. Felt too much like a Raiders re-tread to me.

Finally in "The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" the one scene which gave me chills occurred when Indy gets stuck at the testing site. The flying fridge might not have been the best solution but the obstacle was the only time when I genuinely felt that Indy's outcome was in doubt. Kinda showed too how much of an anachronism Jones has become in the Atomic Age. The mushroom cloud dwarfs Dr. Jones and poses a major question: How does a man come to grip with time and his own mortality?

Worst scene in this film is the chase in the jungle. Drawn out and drawn clumsily in my mind.

OK, here's my attempt--

RAIDERS:
Best--Indy shooting the swordsman
Worst--Indy strapped to the U-Boat

TEMPLE OF DOOM:
Best--Spike Room segment
Worst--Short Round defeating Thuggee guards with martial arts

LAST CRUSADE:
Best--Indy stepping out onto the invisible bridge
Worst--Venice Boat chase (with unsinkable chopped boat)

CRYSTAL SKULL:
Best--Jungle Chase/Fight
Worst--Brody's head falling off

You, my good sir... are a jerk.

I wasn't trying to attack you, and I am most certainly not new to the internet either. I know how it works. But what I saw was several "thread sharks" going through every single thread and ignoring what it was about, just to reiterate again how much they hated the movie. I don't dislike you for being honest about your opinion, you are welcome to it and can say whatever you want.

But whenever you post something like that, you are just asking for someone to post back and feed your fire. I guess I bit. It won't happen again my friend. I bit and gave you an excuse to spread more venom... for that I apologize.

Last nugget of truth... it's ok to have your own opinion and to voice it, but once you start trying to force that opinion on others and bend them to your way of thinking... you are wrong. That is all I'm saying... I'm done with this thread. :lol

the thing is, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. that does make me a jerk. and i'm not very good because i always wear the black hat.

Back