Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Indy Movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Entry?

• Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Temple Of Doom

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Votes: 108 78.3%

• Total voters

Shadow Master

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the favorite Indy movie poll we have here I thought it'd be interesting to get one that's the opposite topic, least favorite Indy movie. Which of the four movies do you feel to be the weakest and why?

I really do greatly enjoy all four movies, even the much-hated Crystal Skull, but I actually find nowadays my least favorite alternates between KOTCS and The Last Crusade (I know that's blasphemous to some fans for TLC to be regarded as the worst). While KOTCS was my least favorite for a long time, lately I've grown to enjoy it much more than usual and despite some silly moments like the infamous nuke the fridge and the Tarzan monkeys, I find the movie overall doesn't feel as comical or slapsticky as TLC did and I like that unlike TLC, Indy isn't made the butt of any jokes and feels a little edgier and more in line with his Raiders/TOD self, just much older and hardened. And while a lot of fans hated the inclusion of aliens, I actually find myself enjoying that aspect and felt it made for something fresh and creative for the series.

While I love TLC, lately my opinion of it has sunk a little. It just feels too much like Raiders and the excess humor, Indy being overly clumsy and not as edgy compared how much grittier he was in Raiders and TOD, Sallah and Brody reduced to bumbling and silly comic relief and (IMO) the weakest and least memorable villains in the series have all sunken the film for me a little. I still enjoy the movie tremendously though, it is a lot of fun and the chemistry Indy and his father have is priceless and easily the best part about it. But for some reason, the movie just doesn't hold up as well as the rest for me.

My least favorite for now is close between TLC and KOTCS, a little hard for me to decide at the moment. This thread isn't meant to bash any of the movies, I enjoy every Indiana Jones movie, I'm just curious to see which ones tend to be the least liked among the fans here.

my favorite indie movie is Reservoir Dogs… least favorite indie is ‪Noch Der Untoten‬.

Well like I said, I'm not bashing any of them, I'm a big fan of the series. Just curious to see what some here have to say about which is their least favorite and why.

Agree, dumb thread. How bout a thread for which one we think is in the middle.

I'd have to say the one where Indy was dressed as a scoundrel carry a weird gun with this big stupid hairy sidekick with him. They were in a bar with a bunch of odd looking people and then Indy shot this green dude in cold blood.

Worst. Indy Film. Ever!!!

I haven't watched KOTCS since the one time I saw it in the theater. That should give you an idea of which one I voted for.

Last Crusade. Can't help but fall asleep through it almost every time. Does make me laugh more than the others though I'll give it that

Doesn't the other thread already answer this poll with whatever came in last in that one? Not to mention that the 'worst' film is inevitably going to be discussed in a 'best' thread anyway...

Doesn't the other thread already answer this poll with whatever came in last in that one? Not to mention that the 'worst' film is inevitably going to be discussed in a 'best' thread anyway...

This one is discussing more about our picks for the worst in the series and why, whereas the best ones are for the opposite.

Yes but a 'Best' poll already kinda reveals what people think is worst by whatever gets fewest votes for best. And I think generally people prefer to talk about why they don't like things than why they do so 'worst' as a conversation point naturally comes up in that thread anyway. But look, no biggie, carry on.

KOTCS is easily the worst for me. Boring in large parts, facepalmingly annoying in others.

So what you're saying is someone should also start a 'what film do you rank in the middle' thread.

Interesting.

I find it interesting that TOD and TLC are both close in the poll while KOTCS unsurprisingly has the most votes. TOD gets a lot of disliking as well, but it's rare for anyone to consider TLC the weakest. Wonder who were all who voted for it and their reasoning? From my experiences, those who like TLC the least have interesting reasons as to why it's their least favorite.

I'm still unsure which to vote for. Lately I find KOTCS has grown on me a lot but there's a lot of nostalgia I have with TLC that's keeping me from picking TLC, so it's still a tough choice for me. I really enjoy them both but they're the lesser two of the series for me.

3/4's of people voted for KOTCS and none voted for ROTLA.

This thread is just one shocking revelation after another.

Merge this thread or lock it. It's pretty pointless given this question is/has been addressed in the other thread.

Back