Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Indy Movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Entry?

• Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Temple Of Doom

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Votes: 108 78.3%

• Total voters
I wonder who are the others who voted for TLC? Pretty rare for it to be considered the weakest of the series. I'm surprised TOD doesn't have more votes, although also glad as it's my favorite.

Raiders and Temple are the only real Indy movies. After that the movies became more comedies then adventure films. However TLC is an oscar winner compared to KOTCS

Raiders and Temple are the only real Indy movies. After that the movies became more comedies then adventure films. However TLC is an oscar winner compared to KOTCS

I agree the first two are the best but I think the other two are still good, if not on the same level.

KOTCS is the absolute worst of the indy's movies......come on people!! :slap

Agreed...

I can see where people could object to Kate Capshaw's performance in TOD (she grates on my nerves all the way through) and Indy without Nazis to fight is like a day without sunshine.

Sure, TLC was a little too slapstick at times, but to choose anything else as the worst in the series over KOTCS?

C'mon other than including Karen Allen again, where is a single redeeming feature in that movie? Indy cowering in a very conveniently available lead lined fridge? Shia LaBarf? Cate Blanchett totally wasted in a cardboard cutout role? Trans-Dimensional space aliens?

And the four people at this point that picked Raiders itself? :thwak

Why do so many feel Nazis are needed in every Indiana Jones film? I thought the re-use of them in TLC was one of the movie's biggest problems, it just made it feel too repetitive of Raiders.

Why do so many feel Nazis are needed in every Indiana Jones film? I thought the re-use of them in TLC was one of the movie's biggest problems, it just made it feel too repetitive of Raiders.

Why does the Empire exist in the first three Star Wars movies? Because they're great villains. SW heroes fighting the Empire = good. SW heroes fighting the Pan-Galactic Trade Federation and League of Chartered Accountancy = Not so good.

Indy is a large scale hero. He needs a large scale adversary, and the Nazis fit that bill the best for the 'classic' Indy time frame (1930's and 40's).

The Empire of Japan would have also made a great period villain, but they'd have to walk too thin a line with modern sensibilities. Make a Japanese villian just a little too broad or have him chew too much scenery and you're looking at racism accusations. I think they ducked that one intentionally.

This is kind of a dumb and redundant poll.

You can cite "opinion" all you want, but any reasonable adult who was a kid when Raiders came out knows Skull is a sorry azzclown of a movie compared to the first three across all forums.

Why does the Empire exist in the first three Star Wars movies? Because they're great villains. SW heroes fighting the Empire = good. SW heroes fighting the Pan-Galactic Trade Federation and League of Chartered Accountancy = Not so good.

Indy is a large scale hero. He needs a large scale adversary, and the Nazis fit that bill the best for the 'classic' Indy time frame (1930's and 40's).

The Empire of Japan would have also made a great period villain, but they'd have to walk too thin a line with modern sensibilities. Make a Japanese villian just a little too broad or have him chew too much scenery and you're looking at racism accusations. I think they ducked that one intentionally.

Mola Ram and his death cult were awesome villains.
The nazi's don't need to be there.

They should have stuck with the nazis as villains.... for KOTCS they could have had a band of exiled Nazis in South America.. since so many settled in Argentina etc after the war... could have made for a much more interesting story line....

I don't "HATE" any of them, but I do feel that TOD was overall the weakest.
Who are his opponents in the other films? Nazis and eventually the carbon-copy cold-war Russians. Nobody feels bad if you abuse Nazis and most of us were raised in the cold war era where the Russians WERE the bad guys.
They're extremely familiar to us so they work.
Thuggees??? WHAAAAAT? What do (most of us) we know about that group? Why would we care about the goings on around them?
Also, it's a prequel...
I HATE prequels that use known characters. You already KNOW that the primary character is going to survive and let's be honest... we all WANTED Willie and possibly even Short Round to die.
Anyway, due to it being a prequel, we know that there is no danger to the primary character (Indy) and if there isn't any real danger there's no reason to care. No excitement.
It was a snoozer.

Does this really need asking, the last one was poo. I got a soft spot for Temple of Doom, but I came out of the cinema after watching Castle Gray Skull, or whatever it was called feeling like.

Hmm well at least it was a good trilogy, yeah I try to forget the last one was even made.

I don't "HATE" any of them, but I do feel that TOD was overall the weakest.
Who are his opponents in the other films? Nazis and eventually the carbon-copy cold-war Russians. Nobody feels bad if you abuse Nazis and most of us were raised in the cold war era where the Russians WERE the bad guys.
They're extremely familiar to us so they work.
Thuggees??? WHAAAAAT? What do (most of us) we know about that group? Why would we care about the goings on around them?
Also, it's a prequel...
I HATE prequels that use known characters. You already KNOW that the primary character is going to survive and let's be honest... we all WANTED Willie and possibly even Short Round to die.
Anyway, due to it being a prequel, we know that there is no danger to the primary character (Indy) and if there isn't any real danger there's no reason to care. No excitement.
It was a snoozer.

So in watching the other 3 movies you thought Indy might die?

Back