Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Indy Movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Entry?

• Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Temple Of Doom

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Votes: 108 78.3%

• Total voters
I still find it hard to decide whether to vote for TLC or KOTCS. Sometimes I find myself liking KOTCS a bit more but TLC has the nostalgia factor for me.

Interesting that so far TOD and TLC are both tied so far.

I still find it hard to decide whether to vote for TLC or KOTCS. Sometimes I find myself liking KOTCS a bit more but TLC has the nostalgia factor for me.

I hope you will one day be able to solve this pressing issue and finally cast your vote in your own thread :hi5:

Kinda hard to do when you enjoy both movies the same and would feel bad casting a vote to either :wink1:

I'd judge based on which one has the most useless scenes. I like KOTCS, but between Marion and all the stupid crap his son does, it's an easy choice.

The two are very close for me, like I said. Both have their ups and downs for me. TLC has the great interaction between Indy and his father, the awesome tank scene and the trials at the end, and I like the more grizzled Indy in KOTCS and have grown to like the alien aspect of the storyline, and I really enjoy the climax sans a few of the more OTT moments. On the other hand, TLC at times is too much like Raiders and is overly comical much of the time and I didn't care for what was done with Sallah and Brody, and KOTCS also suffers from some overly silly moments and an overabundance of CGI, and useless characters like Mac and Oxley. They even out for those reasons. Raiders and Temple Of Doom are the two I have no issues with at all.

TLC has ALWAYS been my favorite Indy flick, so seeing it compared to the likes of Crystal Skull is disheartening.

I don't understand it either but perhaps if I had been born in the 60s or 70s I would have seen faults (compared to Raiders) that I just don't see having only been born in the 80s. Think I was seven when TLC came out. So perhaps if I had only been born in the noughties I'd think KOTCS was on par with the rest of them.

TOTALLY clicked on Raiders thinking this was a "Favourite Indiana Jones Movie" thread! How embarassing! :rotfl

Raiders of the Lost Ark is my #1 favourite movie of all time! I feel unclean!

As for my least favourite, I would have to say Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. That's all it is though, my least favourite, I actually like the movie and still enjoy it when I re-watch it on Blu-Ray. I don't have a hate campaign against it as some others do.

The Last Crusade > Raiders Of The Lost Ark >>>Temple Of Doom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

I consider the original 3 as "the Trilogy"
Crystal Skull is like one of those "reunion" specials you see on tv
Years later when the cast of Mary Tyler Moore get together
or the Odd Couple's children get married and someone else plays Murray.
or an elderly Roger Daltrey & Pete Townesend perform as "The Who"
It's ok for nostalgia purposes... but...it's not the same

TOTALLY clicked on Raiders thinking this was a "Favourite Indiana Jones Movie" thread! How embarassing! :rotfl

It's one vote we can discount; someone else voted for Raiders, wonder who it was.

I'm still undecided between TLC and KOTCS, even after a recent rewatch. I find I enjoy KOTCS a lot more than my initial viewing.

It's one vote we can discount; someone else voted for Raiders, wonder who it was.

They better explain themselves.

I'm still undecided between TLC and KOTCS, even after a recent rewatch. I find I enjoy KOTCS a lot more than my initial viewing.

:exactly: Although I still thought it was ok even when I first saw it, but I enjoy it more and more with evry viewing.

Crystal Skull was on the other day and I watched a little bit of it. I was reminded of how terrible some of the dialogue was and how annoying a character Mutt is. What really bothered me was the "witty" banter they were attempting. Like every few lines was a quip from Mutt. I watched the scene in Peru, and there are those horrible bits of dialogue between the two, like "This way down!" and "You're going nowhere fast", etc. Why the frack did they feel the need to fill the silence with such utter crap? Just have the two of them going through the excavation with their freaking mouths shut, instead of polluting the film with such idiotic dialogue. There's also that bizarre thing they did with Indy's "Part time" remark. For the trailer, they have him doing a solid reading of the line. But for the movie, they replaced it with a goofy sing-song reading, with the word "part" really high. Why? To make it MORE funny? Just such strange decisions.

Anyway, despite all that (and more) I STILL enjoy this movie more than Last Crusade. Last Crusade was the single most disappointing cinematic experience of my life (I watched it when I was 16 years old when it came out in 1989)…until the Phantom Menace came along (but even then I was semi-prepared for how infantile it would be, based on LC and ROTJ).

Forgot I even made this thread until I signed in and browsed around earlier. Anyway, I finally brought myself to vote, and I got to say overtime TLC has grown to become my least favorite although I still dig it. Just gets a little too slapsticky and silly for me at times and I find it's too much like Raiders, though I think all four movies are excellent in their own way.

My biggest disappointment with KOTCS was there wasn't a real ***** fight between Marion and Irina Spalko, soon as i saw Karen Allen's involvement confirmed i was expecting her to have a real big fight scene seeing the main villain was also a woman.

Back