Beauty and the Beast (live action) - starring Emma Watson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_n8gis2oQQ01rrtza4o9_r2_500.gif

What, whatt, whatttt!!! "There must be a failure to communicate"

Well, if more people had gone to see The Princess and the Frog, they might still make them.
That's not fair at all. :lol

News reports for how many times a youtube video is watch?
We live in a sad world.

I know I'm making myself canon fodder here, but I was never enamored with Miyazaki.
I admired the artstry but didnt connect.
He directed 20 films.
I've seen 3 of them.
Only liked 1.

__

Come at me, Miyafans.

latest

He directed 20 films.
I've seen 3 of them.
Only liked 1.

I too have only seen three. Didn't love any of them. "Spirited Away" was actually the one I liked least. "Ponyo" was mostly meh. I think I liked "Howl's Moving Castle" the most but again I didn't love it.

Princess and the Frog was also a meh movie. I didn't hate it but I didn't think it was very good either.

I too have only seen three. Didn't love any of them. "Spirited Away" was actually the one I liked least. "Ponyo" was mostly meh. I think I liked "Howl's Moving Castle" the most but again I didn't love it.

Princess and the Frog was also a meh movie. I didn't hate it but I didn't think it was very good either.

You need to see Princess Mononoke, my personal favorite of his.

Didn't like Spirited Away!? I think your autocorrect is messing with your posts, cause what you typed makes no sense. ;)

Disney will get to them all eventually
The key though, is to target the right audience to best capitalize on nostalgia. For guys our age, that started about 10 years back with the Transformers films, and now all the comic book stuff that many of us were into in the '80s and '90s. For girls, it would be those movies from the early-mid '90s now. To my eyes, that's the only thing that explains why Beauty is so much more popular (as a trailer) than, say, Cinderella was. And Little Mermaid has to be the next big thing to hit. Just coming back from Disney World, I can tell you both of those films get a disproportionate amount of attention with rides and character availability than others (with the obvious exception of Frozen). Both have their own stage shows at Hollywood Studios, both have dedicated attractions at Magic Kingdom where you can meet the princesses face to face. Mermaid even has its own Peter Pan-type ride at Kingdom now. And you can eat at Beast's castle for lunch.

I'm loving the look of this. Watched Jungle Book last night and thought it was okay, so hopefully they don't **** this up.

dance.jpg

belle.jpg

cog.jpeg

gaston.jpeg

I love Emma, but the ballroom pic doesn't make her sell it as Belle. I can see it in the library still. Hopefully she has more to sell as Belle.

I agree. Something seems off in the dance image. Hearing her in character will help a lot, hopefully a trailer isn't too far away now.

I love Emma, but the ballroom pic doesn't make her sell it as Belle. I can see it in the library still. Hopefully she has more to sell as Belle.

I agree. Something seems off in the dance image. Hearing her in character will help a lot, hopefully a trailer isn't too far away now.

i think is because the make up is way too toned down. cartoon belle in that scene was very dolled up. ema seems too plain.

its like she has absolutely no make up at all, which for the ballroom scene is wrong. i think

the hair is not dolled up either

I don't mind the lack of makeup but the hair definitely need a to be worked up.

Only thing I'd like of Beast is the snout he has in the animated. It actually made him into a beast. Never huge how every live action has tried a humanoid face with a lot of hair.

Back