Beauty and the Beast (live action) - starring Emma Watson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I first glanced at that post and thought it said that Luke Wilson was Gaston, which could be hilarious and awesome. But alas. . .

Can't wait for the live action the Aristocats!

By the way, it seems like the anthropomorphic candle, clock, etc. are going to be in this one. Curious to see if Disney can make that work.

Yea I can hear Luke Wilson doing Gastons lines in my head.

giphy.gif

She just clocked Eminem.

"His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, Ron's spaghetti
"

I think she's fine as Belle. I'm interested to see who the list was based off. To be fair, Cinderella also could have had someone with more star power, but they had James. So I'm guessing she fits the character for this version. I enjoyed Cinderella and Jungle Book was great too; I have no problem with these. The Little Mermaid she be coming soon too.

I don't mind a live action adaptation of classic stories, but I don't really care for the whole adaptation of our previous adaptation approach this and Jungle Book appear to have taken. Go back to the source and make it a different take on the story!

I have not seen Jungle Book but judging on what I've heard about it and judging this trailer, it appears that's all Disney is doing. *yawn*

I don't mind a live action adaptation of classic stories, but I don't really care for the whole adaptation of our previous adaptation approach this and Jungle Book appear to have taken. Go back to the source and make it a different take on the story!

I have not seen Jungle Book but judging on what I've heard about it and judging this trailer, it appears that's all Disney is doing. *yawn*

Yes, and while they turn out really well, it's kind of a missed opportunity to do something different.

It's more like Disney is trying to reinforce that their take on the story is the only way to go.

Hard to deny that Jungle Book was anything but excellent though.

They have done new things - Alice and Maleficent were not adaptations of the animated movies. I say, stick to what you're good at.
Plus, others can reinterpret the soutce material. Peter Pan has been done twice in the last decade or so. Andy Serkis is doing another Jungle Book. Disney gotta Disney. I'm good with that.

394969_1268266032358_full.jpg

When I think about beautiful actresses, Emma Watson doesn't exactly spring to mind. But she's not unattractive.

To me the problem is that belle in the cartoon felt a little more mature. More grown up, not even just in looks but her personality.
She was the most well read in the town and she was more mature than gaston for example.

Emma to me still feels childish, at least as far as her acting goes.
I cant explain it, its like, when emma will put on this dress to me its like it might look like a girl doing cosplay.

I think emma would be better for the little mermaid, much better. I dont know.

They have done new things - Alice and Maleficent were not adaptations of the animated movies. I say, stick to what you're good at.
Plus, others can reinterpret the soutce material. Peter Pan has been done twice in the last decade or so. Andy Serkis is doing another Jungle Book. Disney gotta Disney. I'm good with that.

Forgot about Maleficent, though I thought it didn't turn out as well as it could have.

My daughter liked the Live Action Cinderella, but she prefers the Animated one.

JB is definitely a high point in the live action adaptations, and to be honest, the 2 musical numbers were quite welcome as The animated JB is a favorite of mine. Technically, the King Louie song was only partially in the movie, as it played in its entirety in the credits and not the body of the story.

View attachment 266217

To me the problem is that belle in the cartoon felt a little more mature. More grown up, not even just in looks but her personality.
She was the most well read in the town and she was more mature than gaston for example.

Emma to me still feels childish, at least as far as her acting goes.
I cant explain it, its like, when emma will put on this dress to me its like it might look like a girl doing cosplay.

I think emma would be better for the little mermaid, much better. I dont know.

I think you just have a hard time separating her from her Harry Potter character.

She is, in real life, a very intelligent woman and as this might be her first role playing a grown woman, I think it's not fair to judge her when you haven't seen her in the role.

I found Maleficent just-okay and didnt get through Cinderelly. Havent seen Jungle Book yet but I really love B&tB and I'm excited that it IS an adaptation of the animation.Plus the cast is terrific. We shall see....

I think you just have a hard time separating her from her Harry Potter character.

She is, in real life, a very intelligent woman and as this might be her first role playing a grown woman, I think it's not fair to judge her when you haven't seen her in the role.

This.

She's a big girl now.

I found Maleficent just-okay and didnt get through Cinderelly. Havent seen Jungle Book yet but I really love B&tB and I'm excited that it IS an adaptation of the animation.Plus the cast is terrific. We shall see....

I do as well, really had my hopes on it receiving the Oscar that year. Maybe this movie will help to right that wrong.

Got to see early looks of this film and it looks very impressive. All the practical sets, costumes, and props shown looked really good. If you liked Cinderella and Jungle Book, this'll be right up your alley, it's going to be a direct adaptation of the animated classic. Beauty and the Beast was my fave among the golden age animated Disney classics, really looking forward to this one next year.

I thought about it but she actually felt more grown up in the last two potter movies than she does in real life. Or anything else.

Her speech on feminism is what i mean when i say childish. It felt like a senior in high school giving a graduation speech. Not because of the subject but just her.
Or that movie she did where she robs that house.
When i see her on a talk show she still feels immature

I thought about it but she actually felt more grown up in the last two potter movies than she does in real life. Or anything else.

Her speech on feminism is what i mean when i say childish. It felt like a senior in high school giving a graduation speech. Not because of the subject but just her.
Or that movie she did where she robs that house.
When i see her on a talk show she still feels immature

I can't really comment on what you listed, my interest in actors usually doesn't extend to their lives outside of the roles they play.

Hopefully it'll work for you, I know how jarring it can be when an actor is cast in a role that conflicts with your own perception of them. It's an extra hurdle to cross, but perhaps that obstacle will be overcome for you.

when i was little i must have seen beauty and beast at least 100 times lol. i didnt own it but it was always on tv or my cousins had it on the vcr.
ill wait to see but i hope she can fit the role

Back