Media Batman Arkham Collection coming June 10th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but where would you go as superman? surely it wouldn't be open world. it would have to be a different structured game entirely.

That's what I'm saying. Unless they limit his flight or try to balance it with Clark Kent.

That's what I'm saying. Unless they limit his flight or try to balance it with Clark Kent.

which would make it boring IMO.

If I'm playing as superman, I wanna fly around the world, into space etc. I don't think that's possible yet.

Was this a fake then?

video:

https://imgur.com/mEmCxlj

leaked-superman-game.jpg

So surprised superman didn't even lift a finger to help batman in the games especially the last one.

What is it to Top of the World Extreme that made it so hard? The problem is that I noticed the game is stupidly finicky on giving you some medals, like this one medal in the museum map where you have to explosive gel a mook when he's getting weapons out of the box. Did this several times, no medal. There wasn't anything special to it, I just did the same exact thing but the game never registered it properly. And the AI gets bizarre outright...

I never even got the plat for Arkham City though, I could do it, but it's way too repetitive and annoying. I got close...but was sort of burn out. I completed Arkham Asylum 100%, played Origins, and was replaying City for Platinum stuff all in one year. Really wears on you :lol amongst...other games too.They'd have to give it a different structure, and probably start out Superman as he is developing his powers. Unlike Batman, they can't just start out Superman at his peak. Batman works almost perfectly since he's very reliant on gadgets, like most video game characters are on their equipment. Spider-Man is also in a similar boat, which is why that future Insomniac game should be great. Sequels can start out Superman at the stage we know him at though, like how the Arkham sequels gave Batman nearly all of his gadgets from Asylum at the start.

I did think an origin game could kind of work. You start out leaping tall buildings in a single bound, fighting mob bosses and maybe put him at odds with the army, since bullets still sting and a tank blast might have him laid up for a while. Then have the threats become more and more grand as you level up and gain more powers. On the flip side, you could build up Darkseid and have a sequel set on Apokolips where you gradually start to lose your powers, the longer you're away from a yellow sun, and it kind of becomes an Escape from New York scenario where you have to fight for survival in order to get back home.

I did think an origin game could kind of work. You start out leaping tall buildings in a single bound, fighting mob bosses and maybe put him at odds with the army, since bullets still sting and a tank blast might have him laid up for a while. Then have the threats become more and more grand as you level up and gain more powers. On the flip side, you could build up Darkseid and have a sequel set on Apokolips where you gradually start to lose your powers, the longer you're away from a yellow sun, and it kind of becomes an Escape from New York scenario where you have to fight for survival in order to get back home.
Yeah an Origin game is just what the game needs. Your sequel idea could really work though, to keep things interesting. Not sure what other powers they could give superman though, for reference. I don't think they could give him everything, maybe just the most iconic powers.

Magical villains would be neat, especially since Superman is vulnerable to magic.

The blue / black dark tone of the original is far better. Everything's too bright in he new ones

I like it. It is a mixed bag.

I dont think it really brings it close to arkham Knight graphics quality.
Its like Arkham Knight is bluray quality, and Return to arkham is upscaled dvd.
Arkham City is my favorite out of the trilogy, so its nice to finally have it on my ps4.
I dont have my ps3 anymore, so its a welcome addition to my ps4 collection.

My biggest nitpick is that I was hoping they would have offered extra skins for the first game...specially the batman v superman skin.
But, other than that, I think its cool.

I like the new lighting, especially with all the neon in the game.

I wish they had capped the framerate, but other than that, I prefer this version even over the PC at maxed settings.

I have the PS3 originals and my PC could run both maxed out. The PC versions looks much better than the last gen console versions but my Return to Arkham discs should arrive next week or so, so we'll see if it's actually a worthy improvement. I love a lot of aspects of it based on reviews so far, but I also don't like a fair share of them, most notably Batman's 3D model in Asylum. Eww.

I have the PS3 originals and my PC could run both maxed out. The PC versions looks much better than the last gen console versions but my Return to Arkham discs should arrive next week or so, so we'll see if it's actually a worthy improvement. I love a lot of aspects of it based on reviews so far, but I also don't like a fair share of them, most notably Batman's 3D model in Asylum. Eww.
That so? You upgraded?! Solidus, break out the champagne! :panic:

I have both on my PS3 too, I do want to take a look in person but so far it's favorable. I can respect the devs for going for an entirely new look, but it does suck that it is not on par with Arkham Knight. That would have been amazing...I do have to say from the look it's probably a mixed bag. I don't think it's worth getting on release though, I'm gonna wait for a price drop. Arkham games drop in price fast...for some reason :dunno:

That so? You upgraded?! Solidus, break out the champagne! :panic:

I have both on my PS3 too, I do want to take a look in person but so far it's favorable. I can respect the devs for going for an entirely new look, but it does suck that it is not on par with Arkham Knight. That would have been amazing...I do have to say from the look it's probably a mixed bag. I don't think it's worth getting on release though, I'm gonna wait for a price drop. Arkham games drop in price fast...for some reason :dunno:

Nah, just a crummy laptop for work, certainly not worth popping that champagne! :lol

I'm sure the collection will drop if you blink, but I was thinking I might need a head start on that plat!

Nah, just a crummy laptop for work, certainly not worth popping that champagne! :lol

I'm sure the collection will drop if you blink, but I was thinking I might need a head start on that plat!
Damn, you had my hopes up

It totally will...though some other ones took forever to drop like TLoU Remastered and RE Origins Collection. Hell Origins was brief. Wish I didn't splurge on the hype and boughti t later, specially cause I was on and off on it.

Back