Batman: Arkham Asylum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally finished the game 2 days ago, at 81%...

How many ppl here played this on PC? Over at the official forum it seems a LOT of ppl had issues running this game.

I spent $500 upgrading my PC because I wanted to play this game in all its PhysX glory (GTX280 GPU, then I needed a new power supply for this card, added 2 GB RAM for a total of 4, bought Win7 because it was supposedly more 'stable' than Vista).

The game itself I would have loved but the game crashed many many many times, I spent about as much time troubleshooting the game as I did playing it!!

It took me THREE attempts to finish this game, first time I got stuck at 13%, started immediately on Hard coz I thought I had the necessary practice from the demo, just before the 1st Scarecrow encounter. It would keep crashing at that point.

So I cleaninstalled EVERYTHING. And falsely assumed GFWL would save my score online. Bah!

So I started again from scratch, and it took me only 2.5 hrs or so to get to that spot again. Got all the way up to 64% (where you take on two Titans and a host of henchmen, at the elevators)

Next day I log in and get a "corrupt savegame" message! I had to start all over again! And this was after about 25 hrs of gaming!!! (I like to roam and look for riddles).

So I restarted once again but chose Easy because I was fed up and just wanted to get to the old spot ASAP. And saved my games quite frequently (the game itself only has 4 slots) as files on a different harddrive.

If the sequel is gonna have this many problems, I will stay clear of it. GFWL SUCKS.

The leaderboards are also useless, ppl are cheating on them and nobody is doing anything about it. What's the point?

Beren

Does anyone know if there are any DLC planned for this game??? I know they are probably focused on the sequel, but I still think they could give us some new challenges.

Picked up the CE for $40 last night. Glad I didn't pick it up for the retail price because it ain't worth it with the cheap batarang. But the game looks sweet, haven't had much time since my little one stole the controllers from me.

I hope hot toys makes a version of this Batman or even DCD makes a series of this line of figures.

Off topic, the seller also sold me a DJ Hero for $50:D

So I finally finished the game 2 days ago, at 81%...

How many ppl here played this on PC? Over at the official forum it seems a LOT of ppl had issues running this game.

I spent $500 upgrading my PC because I wanted to play this game in all its PhysX glory (GTX280 GPU, then I needed a new power supply for this card, added 2 GB RAM for a total of 4, bought Win7 because it was supposedly more 'stable' than Vista).

The game itself I would have loved but the game crashed many many many times, I spent about as much time troubleshooting the game as I did playing it!!

It took me THREE attempts to finish this game, first time I got stuck at 13%, started immediately on Hard coz I thought I had the necessary practice from the demo, just before the 1st Scarecrow encounter. It would keep crashing at that point.

So I cleaninstalled EVERYTHING. And falsely assumed GFWL would save my score online. Bah!

So I started again from scratch, and it took me only 2.5 hrs or so to get to that spot again. Got all the way up to 64% (where you take on two Titans and a host of henchmen, at the elevators)

Next day I log in and get a "corrupt savegame" message! I had to start all over again! And this was after about 25 hrs of gaming!!! (I like to roam and look for riddles).

So I restarted once again but chose Easy because I was fed up and just wanted to get to the old spot ASAP. And saved my games quite frequently (the game itself only has 4 slots) as files on a different harddrive.

If the sequel is gonna have this many problems, I will stay clear of it. GFWL SUCKS.

The leaderboards are also useless, ppl are cheating on them and nobody is doing anything about it. What's the point?

Beren

Dude $500 bucks to upgrade your PC just to play this game? You could have gotten a console, the game, and still had money left over and not have it crash at all.

I recommend using PCs for what they were made for and leave the gaming to the consoles. That way you don't have to steer clear of a great sequel just because you don't want to buy it for a console.

Dude $500 bucks to upgrade your PC just to play this game? You could have gotten a console, the game, and still had money left over and not have it crash at all.

I recommend using PCs for what they were made for and leave the gaming to the consoles. That way you don't have to steer clear of a great sequel just because you don't want to buy it for a console.

No kidding!! :dunno

This game is awesome, though I'm currently stuck, I can't wait to play it again!! :rock!!

I can't go to far due to my 4 year old keep taking the controllers away from me:lol. We are playing it as a team. He want to fight the thugs but once he sees a super villain/monster he gives it to me right away.

I can't go to far due to my 4 year old keep taking the controllers away from me:lol. We are playing it as a team. He want to fight the thugs but once he sees a super villain/monster he gives it to me right away.

That is too cool!:D

I'm currently playing through AA again on Hard mode, this time I will make an effort too get all the Riddlers Riddles, Character Trophies/Bios etc etc

I am working on the challenge modes. I have completed all the predator challenges, now I just need to work on the combat challenges.

I am working on the challenge modes. I have completed all the predator challenges, now I just need to work on the combat challenges.

Some of the combat challenges are pretty tough. You just have to grind them down and try to get as high a combo while using the majority of your different moves as possible. Try to get as much points as you can during the first 2 rounds. Once I got it going, I could get about 10,000 points per round.

Well, that includes Windows 7... and I can use that graphics card for more than just this game ;) Also the game looks better on PC. :D

And I don't play that many games, I was actually going to get the PS3 because it will be able to play 3D BluRay but then realized it wouldn't be in 1080p.

And lastly, I didn't intend to spend that much, but the new graphics card required a new power supply and I start getting obsessive about details and then spent $150 on a new PSU.

Beren

Well, that includes Windows 7... and I can use that graphics card for more than just this game ;) Also the game looks better on PC. :D
Beren

This is true!! My friend has a recently built i7 PC with an ATI 5870 card and the Pysx system looked amazing on it. Definitely looks better than anything the 360/PS3 could manage.

Always good to upgrade the PSU which I found out to my peril when testing my new graphics card, it overloaded it and the thing blew up.Luckily the rest of the machine was fine with just the fuse in the plug and PSU being the casualties.

It has however left me nervous about cranking up any game and I stick to the PS3 for gaming now.

The new AvP ran beautifully though, although the PC overheated (crappy ventilation where it is) and it shut down. So better than blowing up hee hee

Okay so what Villains are likely too be in Arkham Asylum 2?

My guess is
-Joker
-Harley Quinn
-Two-Face
-Penguin
-Possibly, Bane, Killer Croc, or Scarecrow, the ending of Arkham Asylum 1 gives us this impression. (I hope those three all return).
Maybe some more or does that sound like too many?
-Maybe Zsasz?

Back