Batman: Arkham Asylum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...that does not sound like Hamill....at the beginning I could tell be he is even changing his inflections at this point to sound more violent and creepy....this game will rock.

Yeah, I was trying to imagine him saying it, but it just wasn't working. But then again, it's not like I'm used to hearing his voice in things so I guess it makes sense.

Looks fantastic! Hopefully game play lives up to that trailer.

My thought exactly. The plot seems solid, and with that voice acting the only thing that could detract is game play. If the trailer is any indication, things are looking good in that category.

Overall the game looks to be amazing, I'm just worried about the fact that it takes
place in just one location. I don't mind the majority of the story taking place in Arkham
but a free roaming Gotham where Batman can leap and glide from tall buildings would have
been an added bonus or perhaps the option of driving the Batmobile or any of Batman's vehicles.
I mean with only one location how long could the game possibly be? 4 hours?

Last edited:
I'm excited about this title for the PS3. Have they scheduled a release date yet? Is it still scheduled for August 2009?

I assume Bats is Kevin Conway too - sounds like hime, but different - like Hamill - sounds very different from the Animated series days, but its real good. I am happy they brought back the actors for these voices...

That so far is looking stunning, it seems as if for Batman's design they've taken their cue's from Alex Ross' approach particularly with the cowl design and the eyes being visible. The Body suit looks closer to MK vs DC universe's though

Am hoping there's additional unlockable costumes, have always preferred the white eyes.

Around the 1 minute mark the line "Now lets get this party started" doesn't sound anything like Hamill at all, anyone else think this could be the Mad Hatter ?

Kinda funny how they only had ONE security guard taking Joker to his cell.

Do all the inmates escape? In other words, you face most of batman's foes?

From Wiki : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Asylum

Characters

Bruce Wayne / Batman. He will be voiced by actor Kevin Conroy, who reprises his role as the Batman from DC animated universe.[6]

The Joker: He will be an inmate in the asylum and the main antagonist. He will be voiced by actor Mark Hamill, who reprises his role as the Joker from the DC animated universe and Birds of Prey.[7]

Commissioner James Gordon.

Barbara Gordon / Oracle: A radio contact for Batman throughout the game.

Waylon Jones / Killer Croc: Screenshots show him as an enormous, reptilian creature, towering over Batman.[8]

Edward Nigma / The Riddler and Bane are also confirmed for the game.[9]

The September 2008 issue of Game Informer revealed that Harley Quinn and Mr. Zsasz, (who will be voiced by Danny Jacobs),[10] will also be villains in the game.[11]

Game Informer further states they saw evidence through concept art, in-game clues and hints around the offices of Rocksteady Studios that widen the possible cast of villains to include, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, The Scarecrow and Poison Ivy.

Also, according to the Game Informer article, collectibles include "Joker Spray Cans" and "Two-Face Coins" this implies that Two-Face might also be featured in the game.

Screenshots released of an unnamed character bear a striking resemblance to and may be Amygdala.[12]

IGN.com has recently stated that their writers were treated to a viewing of some of the story and game play. In the story sections it was revealed Harley Quinn is the one who springs the jokers trap in Arkham, and she appears more adult than her comic and Television counterparts [13]

I've heard Arkham is compared to Rapture in Bioshock. Should be awesome.

I really can't wait for this to come out. I love the fact that they got both Conroy and Hamill back. Hamill has been the best Joker voice ever. I was disapointed he and Conroy didn't do MK vs DC but the people they used in that weren't half bad. But this game looks amazing. Hopefully we get a really dark and twisted Joker (it looks like it so far). I imagine this will be a T rating though. But an M would be awesome.

If this game is anything like Splinter Cell game with a decent combat engine it'll rock! I always thought they'd make a good method for a BATMAN game to be designed from...

I also agree with the voice, they are Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamil but both sound different. I personally thought Kevin Conroy's Batman voice seemed a little casual...

OMG !! this game looks amazing.
sounds like kevin conroy is doing the voice of batman.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="https://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=44909"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="https://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=44909" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

Back