Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow really fantastic work guys. I wish I had these skills. Thanks for sharing all the progress pictures :) It is really cool to see.

Kamandi, in the engine deck picture, I noticed you had the Nato black base, and then you put the small parts (in white). After that, I assume you put on a base coat of Nato Black (2nd coat), and then the Insignia White. So, you would have as base: 2 coats of Nato black and 1 coat of Insignia White?

@balu - Tamiya Lacquer goes on thin so I don't worry about losing detail the way I would with enamel or acrylic. So to answer your question there's more than one application of black and I spray Insignia White in several passes until I'm satisfied it blends as I want. The black shadowing doesn't show too much in photos but it's there.

my underside. or rather... the underside of MY falcon!! you all do NOT wanna see MY underside!!
574BF356-8BDD-4521-B12D-FF252FDDCE98.jpg

IVpKrhPh.jpg

Lower hull in progress. A friend 3D printed a panavise mount that will fit behind the gunner's port window. It looks like rhboyd has one in there as well.

No new painting tonight.

2cY0Uz2h.jpg

ScEVqPXh.jpg

o3f7nVKh.jpg

cQZKdIhh.jpg

Last edited:
A friend 3D printed a panavise mount that will fit behind the gunner's port window. It looks like rhboyd has one in there as well.
right-ish you are!! although i didn’t use the 3Dprint, i used an existing hard mount, and used plumber’s putty to lock it in place. i just need to find a base to use!!

Holy mother of god you guys are amazing! It's such a treat to come in here and watch your work, Kamandi, rhboyd and cking!

I'm glad you're enjoying the show Lu but this might not be the most exciting update.

Got the legs together, even though I probably won't display her this way.

AAKe5L1h.jpg

yes, epoxy putty.... but plumbing grade. cures in 2-3 minutes... hard as a rock!! it’s great stuff!! different from hobby putty since it cures so fast.

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I normally think of plumber's putty as the squishy stuff used around drains, which obviously doesn't harden, so that's why I was a bit perplexed... :p

WOKtQ72h.jpg

Playing around a bit. The upgraded interior hallway is from the Age of Plastic's Shapeways store. I temped in some lights just to entertain the display option. If I have to choose between this and the panavise mount then it's all about letting the Falcon fly. But this is still pretty cool.

looking good!! who"s the builder, if I may ask? I have a friend looking for a builder for his Giant refit Enterprise...

Back