Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's a knockout! Congratulations. Definitely post more photos when you can!

Love the values you used in regards to the red and various grey panels. That, and just the right amount of weathering. Really beautiful.

That's the thing with these kits, as opposed to simply buying a finished product. Its not just about appreciating the physical object for what it is.
There's the added feeling of pride you can take in having had a hand in creating it. That's there every time you look at it.

Not to mention the hours of therapeutic distraction you get losing yourself in building it.

ohmy. you GUYS!!!! you all makin’ me cry over here!!! thank you SO MUCH to all of you who have been SO kind!!! this is THE kit i’ve waited for since 1977. it’s made me so happy!! and the fact that peers, people who love the same things... people who have been INSPIRED by the same stuff... those people (you folks) actually like what i’ve done... well that means the world to me!!
here are a few more pics!
5E463394-902C-4B56-BB17-05042CC14CBE.jpeg
9746464C-7885-426D-B669-083D8826041A.jpeg
A87A9B53-1A6C-4ADC-99E7-264A2920DF27.jpeg

Yup, very sharp!

At what stage did you put the decals on?

Also, I was thinking of getting this panavise set https://www.amazon.com/PanaVise-827...d=1521573365&sr=8-11&keywords=panavise+deluxe

It seems to be the same as the more expensive black one. Since I was going to wrap it in black velvet (or maybe blue vinyl for a bluescreen style look), the color didn't seem important. Just want to make sure the mechanics are what I should be looking for.

i did decals after first wave of weathering. if they were too “clean” i’d give them a little love. i didn’t want them to be fully hidden. it was a bit of a juggle to get the look where i wanted. but SO worth it.

this is the base i used. SIMPLE panavise mount, and i used a base from a really cheap floor lamp from walmart.
DDDC8517-8BDA-408C-8F8A-74CA90512792.jpeg
05585553-290C-4579-8C0A-F9893E93AB2B.jpeg

@Mose - I used this mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IDCDZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which cost 8 bucks and has several options for configuration. I liked the fact I could put a shaft through the gunner window (upper or lower). I'll have the ship mounted upside down with two long extensions going through the upper gun port window. On the design you're considering there's a tension knob right up against the ship.

So speaking of mounting the ship my buddy with the 3D printer delivered my part earlier and I got it installed. I just had to take in a couple shots of the bird in flight at long last.

This finally puts me in a position to start painting. "Here goes nothing."

H4teBqah.jpg

5gqnDbOh.jpg

Thanks Kamandi!

I bookmarked a two pack version of that since the cost is only $3 more due to the high shipping on the single and the duo pack being Prime eligible.

Also, I would think it would give me the ability to make one 12" mount as opposed to two 6" ones, which would be cool.

I'm also going to follow your lead on the Nato black lacquer followed by the Insignia white. After that I might experiment with oils and other techniques on the bottom hull, before I hit the money angles.

rhboyd - smart thinking on the cheap lamp base. I'll have to investigate that too.

Natural Light?

The values definitely look more contrasted than in the previous pic.

How do you feel about it? What element(s) do you think came out the best. Anything you wish you could do differently in hindsight?

I'm primarily talking about your experience painting/weathering it, but if there's an aspect to the actual kit or build that fits the above, go ahead and shoot.

Natural Light?

The values definitely look more contrasted than in the previous pic.

How do you feel about it? What element(s) do you think came out the best. Anything you wish you could do differently in hindsight?

I'm primarily talking about your experience painting/weathering it, but if there's an aspect to the actual kit or build that fits the above, go ahead and shoot.

MAN! good eye! indeed natural light... took her outside for some air. I like the look of it... but I prefer indoor... where she shall live!! The indoor light softens the contrast. It's probably wise to check the paint in natural light once in a while... but having said that... I wouldn't change any colour. I'm super happy with it. As for the build... I loved every second of it. I'm just sad it's over!!!

I'm just sad it's over!!!

:lol

I still haven't started on the Falcon, but I can fully envision that feeling when I finally finish the Star Destroyer (and even that is a long way off).

I'm so happy I finally got back into model making. It's been the perfect tonic for keeping my sanity.

:lol

I still haven't started on the Falcon, but I can fully envision that feeling when I finally finish the Star Destroyer (and even that is a long way off).

I'm so happy I finally got back into model making. It's been the perfect tonic for keeping my sanity.

so right- it is very relaxing to me...just great enjoyment

Back