Media Assassin's Creed UNITY (PS4,X1,PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For now, I would too, I don't think 4K will hit its stride for another 2-3 years.
On a 27" PC Monitor parked 18" from your face while seated at a desk, 4k makes a lot of sense. But in the living room, with 20/20 vision a person would have to sit 3-and-a-half feet from their 50" screen to perceive the added resolution of 4k, or alternatively sit 6 feet from a 100" television. Since neither of those scenarios are realistic and no one's eyesight is getting better anytime soon, 4k in the living room is completely pointless.

I'd take GPUs that could handle 1080p at constant 60fps over 4K any day.

:lecture That cannot be said enough. For most of us, 1080p and 60 FPS will do just fine. 4K seems very much like a gimmick at best, and I have to wonder if it'll ever catch on with consumers in this horrible economy that's only getting worse. It's not like the revolutionary transition from tube televisions (or progressives scan) to 1080p that happened 10 years ago.

Consoles are dragging down the PC experience :wave

Same here.

It sucks how so many PC games are broken ports from the consoles. That said, I wonder how Ubi will treat AC Unity; if whether, they'll lock the resolution and frame-rate just like they did for the consoles.

On a 27" PC Monitor parked 18" from your face while seated at a desk, 4k makes a lot of sense. But in the living room, with 20/20 vision a person would have to sit 3-and-a-half feet from their 50" screen to perceive the added resolution of 4k, or alternatively sit 6 feet from a 100" television. Since neither of those scenarios are realistic and no one's eyesight is getting better anytime soon, 4k in the living room is completely pointless.

Funny you should mention that. I was at Microcenter last week, and I had a chance to look at a 4K display (the Samsung Curve TV). The colors were very saturated, and it had great functionality with contrast. But, it's nothing that I haven't seen before. I wasn't exactly "wow'd" by the picture quality, and it didn't seem like a remarkable improvement (if any) over a high-quality 1080p display. It's like you'll be paying for more pixels that your eyes wouldn't even notice.

very hollywood hehe.....not really spoiler free if you have half a brain, feel like I can figure out the ending just from that
i knew how it would end based on my history book, I didn't need a trailer.

Funny you should mention that. I was at Microcenter last week, and I had a chance to look at a 4K display (the Samsung Curve TV). The colors were very saturated, and it had great functionality with contrast. But, it's nothing that I haven't seen before. I wasn't exactly "wow'd" by the picture quality, and it didn't seem like a remarkable improvement (if any) over a high-quality 1080p display. It's like you'll be paying for more pixels that your eyes wouldn't even notice.

Yeah HMV had a 4K demo, I didn't really notice anything major, a bit crisper but sure that doesn't matter if the consoles aren't gonna be 4K, how is Naughty Dog able to do 60fps and 1080p on a PS3 and Ubi can't do it on the Next Gen is beyond me,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new Nvidia trailer for my PC gamer friends

seems pretty basic for a PC game: DX11, TXAA and HBAO, I guess its not using the new 900 series tech
looks good though

new Nvidia trailer for my PC gamer friends

seems pretty basic for a PC game: DX11, TXAA and HBAO, I guess its not using the new 900 series tech
looks good though

Looks good, but it doesn't really seem like a vast improvement over the consoles. The requirements seem highly suspicious, though. Seems like any mid-range PC should be able to run this without any problems.

No PhysX particles this time? :(

That really sucks.

Back