Assassin's Creed IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I hear about this, the more excited I grow. But i now have a complaint. I think it is awesome that Adewale will get story DLC(I would rather he bee the main character in AC4, but whatevs). I hate that the additional missions with Aveline de Grandpre are only available to PS3 and PS4 owners. I have both consoles, but I hate a developer forcing me to get it on one system or another. I have all the AC games on 360, and would like that to remain the case, but if I want to play the mission with Aveline, I have to go PS. That sucks!

But mad props to Ubisoft for making 2 Assassin's black. It's always great to see black characters not in stereotypical roles. And if Adewale is as cool as he seems, I may have found my new cosplay character!

Then you'll be happy to hear you'll only have to wait 6 months to play the DLC on Xbox. Its a timed exclusive.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/24/watch-dogs-ps4-dlc-may-come-to-xbox-one

My local EB has the Edward statue on display.

I've had multiple collector editions in the past with the statues but this one is really at a different level.
Not only is it huge because of the boat mast and flag, but the rope and impressively detailed Edward hanging at an angle makes it quite an imposing piece.

Great dio and great 'free' piece for a collectors edition !

IGN review

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUs7qUzP4GU[/ame]

Gamespot

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZb8Cnd8OUs[/ame]

Judging by the reviews,this looks fun.
The Abstergo/Present story seems,from what ive seen,weak imo.Im not gonna spoil anything for those who haven't heard anything about it,but it's clear that ubisoft wants to take a different approach towards that,that is nowhere as interesting as it was earlier.

I am staying away from all spoilers.

nice to see all reviews are 9/10's. so pumped play but I am pissed I have to wait till novermber to play it on PC.

dam PC always gets the shaft.

Don't care much about the modern day story, they did say they'll bring up a bit of the aftermath of what happened to Desmond, that's all what matters to me

But i'm looking forward to play the new Assassin !

hope it'll be a Spoiler Free thread, because i'm waiting on the next gen version of the game, and still got time till it's out.

Next gen vs Current gen Comparison

it's not a BIG leap though, just a minor Graphics improvements

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_fM8jsbGU[/ame]

I'm about an hour in to gameplay and the modern day story SUCKS. I hate it. As for Edward, the combat flows very smoothly with no glitches whatsoever. (At least for me anyway). The only thing that seemed strange to me was the fast swim. I don't know how to explain it... It's just.. Odd.

I'll be picking this up for the xbox one looks fun and besides i enjoy the AC games for what they are, i take their stories with a grain of salt and just enjoy the free roaming and collecting things.

I will say that I find the modern day storylines to be a distraction. I didn't enjoy it in the previous games and I doubt Ill enjoy it in this one. I wanna run around as a pirate, I don't need separate missions no matter how brief where Im walking around an office building reading emails....that's what I do in real life.

I'm 15 hours into it so far. Thoughts:

Even on Xbox360, the graphics look like a step up from Assassins Creed 3. I didn't expect that. The world all looks amazing.

The weather differences are great and the full scale storms out on the open ocean are a sight ...including lightning storms and even twisters !

At this point it just makes me giggle but they STILL haven't improved the fighting mechanics. Counter to instant kill still means you're god like right at the start of the game.

The ability to sail off whenever you feel like it and ignore the main story is great, but....this game is only vaguely sandbox. Its not like Bethesda's games, or even GTAs. There aren't big side missions to find and progress through. And unless I'm missing it, there don't appear to be supporting character missions which I really enjoyed in AC3.

The main character is great fun and the whole 'assassins vs templar' saga is really 2nd fiddle here to Edward pursuing his pirate lifestyle. Definitely a different feel to the other games.

The pirate raiding is great, but it definitely gets old fast that to complete the fight you basically need to do the same thing every single time.
a) If its a non battle ship, board and kill 5 people
b) If its a battle ship, board and kill 10 people
(you can simply sink the ship from afar but this doesn't get you as much plunder)

At 15 hours it registers I've done 14% (I have sailed around a LOT).
I've only just unlocked the Mayan collectible missions, haven't yet done any ship to fort battles, unlocked the deep sea diving and so I'll withhold further judgement until more has been unlocked.

What about getting new outfits? Is there anything more "piratey" looking you can equip Edward with that you've found?

Back