Assassin's Creed IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, nothing will ever come close to AC2. The graphics can be as flashy as they want, but the storytelling was flawless and really drew me into a relationship with the characters in the second game. I really hope this franchise doesn't start to go south. It'd be a total waste. By the way, Edward is Connor's grandfather.

They really need to tune up the free running and fighting systems.

Last edited:
Brotherhood is actually my favorite. II was phenomenal, but Brotherhood added to it IMO.

Although with the setting of IV and what you can do, IV is a contender. Brotherhood's story is still better so far.

I'm personally not really liking IV. It's a matter of personal taste, I'm not really a fan of pirates. And I'll take AC2 over any game in the franchise, it's the only one I bothered to 100%.

This is the best Assassin's Creed since AC2 in my opinion.

Edward is also the best main character since Ezio. He's a lot like Ezio in some ways but also very different. Both are charismatic and confident, but Edward is way more self-centered. Ezio buried himself into the role of an Assassin as he got older while it is clear that Edward is a Pirate first and an Assassin second (well said by who said that!).

AC2 did a lot to take the franchise to new heights but I think ACIV puts it on another level. I love the setting and seeing all the historical pirates is awesome too. There's a lot more heart put into ACIV than there was ACIII and you can tell. I also enjoy that there's also more ties to the Assassin/Templar feud than what we saw in the previous installment.

The game is STUNNING on Current Gen. Which I'm sure means it'll be only better on the Next-Gen. The graphics are crisp and the animation is fluid. There are VERY little load times, you might be surprised how easy it is to travel the sea and then stop by a little island cove and realize that it's bigger than it looks on the map. The only times I see significant loads are to/from major hubs and to/from the Modern times and this is on CURRENT Gen.

The only thing I don't like is I miss the controls from AC2/AC:B/AC:R. They simplified them in ACIII but I think it was mostly to make things appeal to the broader audience than the AC fans. I also feel the counter mechanism isn't as sharp as it used to be.

Even if you are NOT an AC fan, this is an AMAZING Pirate game (and if you don't like the AC outfit, don't worry, you can give Edward a more Pirate-y outfit). The sea elements borrow from Sid Meier's PIRATES! where you cruise around the West Indies and attack ships and loot and plunder. Although you can't change your ship, it is an extension of your character and requires upgrades to attack larger vessels, especially the Legendary ships! Even the detail at sea is fun and the battles can be different as you level the Jackdaw you'll find yourself more comfortable attacking that convoy of frigates when you were nervous just going after just one.

There is so much to do and I have to give credit to Ubisoft for kicking it up. They have never been afraid to introduce new elements into the Assassin's Creed series which sometimes work and others times don't, but at least they know the variety is important.

If you're an AC fan, or took a break from the series, a Pirate fan or even a newcomer, this is the perfect game to jump in on!

If you're waiting for Next-Gen, please get it then, I can only imagine how great this game looks on the XBox One and the PS4.

I have put probably about 20 hours or so into the game on my 360 and it has not frozen on me ONCE. Considering the immense size, you can see that Ubisoft even worked on the bugs that had hampered previous AC games.

I'm really excited to play this one. Although I never finished the last one with Ezio nor did I bother with the one last year.

Friday can't come soon enough. I'm picking this up and Battlefield tomorrow and will be ready to roll once I get my PS4. :rock

This is the best Assassin's Creed since AC2 in my opinion.

Edward is also the best main character since Ezio. He's a lot like Ezio in some ways but also very different. Both are charismatic and confident, but Edward is way more self-centered. Ezio buried himself into the role of an Assassin as he got older while it is clear that Edward is a Pirate first and an Assassin second (well said by who said that!).

AC2 did a lot to take the franchise to new heights but I think ACIV puts it on another level. I love the setting and seeing all the historical pirates is awesome too. There's a lot more heart put into ACIV than there was ACIII and you can tell. I also enjoy that there's also more ties to the Assassin/Templar feud than what we saw in the previous installment.

The game is STUNNING on Current Gen. Which I'm sure means it'll be only better on the Next-Gen. The graphics are crisp and the animation is fluid. There are VERY little load times, you might be surprised how easy it is to travel the sea and then stop by a little island cove and realize that it's bigger than it looks on the map. The only times I see significant loads are to/from major hubs and to/from the Modern times and this is on CURRENT Gen.

The only thing I don't like is I miss the controls from AC2/AC:B/AC:R. They simplified them in ACIII but I think it was mostly to make things appeal to the broader audience than the AC fans. I also feel the counter mechanism isn't as sharp as it used to be.

Even if you are NOT an AC fan, this is an AMAZING Pirate game (and if you don't like the AC outfit, don't worry, you can give Edward a more Pirate-y outfit). The sea elements borrow from Sid Meier's PIRATES! where you cruise around the West Indies and attack ships and loot and plunder. Although you can't change your ship, it is an extension of your character and requires upgrades to attack larger vessels, especially the Legendary ships! Even the detail at sea is fun and the battles can be different as you level the Jackdaw you'll find yourself more comfortable attacking that convoy of frigates when you were nervous just going after just one.

There is so much to do and I have to give credit to Ubisoft for kicking it up. They have never been afraid to introduce new elements into the Assassin's Creed series which sometimes work and others times don't, but at least they know the variety is important.

If you're an AC fan, or took a break from the series, a Pirate fan or even a newcomer, this is the perfect game to jump in on!

If you're waiting for Next-Gen, please get it then, I can only imagine how great this game looks on the XBox One and the PS4.

I have put probably about 20 hours or so into the game on my 360 and it has not frozen on me ONCE. Considering the immense size, you can see that Ubisoft even worked on the bugs that had hampered previous AC games.

Agreed ....love AC4.
I've razed every port city and fully completed every diving bell location. My ship is fully upgraded, I have every costume but 2, and I'm now spending money on the estate in the pirate cove.

Haven't defeated the legendary ships yet but that's on the to do list.

My only annoyance really is that I'm starting to run out of stuff to do ! :D

.....though I disagree it has more links to the Assassin/Templar feud' than AC3....

A quarter of the way through and the story is pretty much a disjointed mess, i understand what i'm doing and why most of the time but the story jumps from one thing to another so often it sacrifices any feeling of cohesiveness. The only thing keeping me interested in the main plot are the characters, some of which are really well acted and well written so their just fun to have around.

Combat is still press B to instakill and the freerunning feels clunker then usual, like edward will just stop all of a sudden and i if it's during a chase or something i have to mash the A button to get him moving again.

Naval combat and open worldedness make up for it's shortcomings as well as the aforementioned characters. I like AC2 better if only for the better overall story (mind **** ending aside), but inspite of my criticisms i'm having a blast with IV, and i'm only a quarter into the story so maybe it picks up.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My game appears to have frozen at the start of sequence 12 (there are 13 in the game apparently)

It just stays on loading forever.

Bizarrely its not even crashed. I can still access the menus and EVEN GET OUT OF THE ANIMUS and walk around in game. But inside the animus its just stuck on loading.

Tried restarting, tried installing the game in case it was the disc ...nothing .... it even lets me choose restart checkpoint and restart memory ...but just nothing but loading...

I've been googling but I can't find any reference to this happening to anyone else ?!

GAH!!

I am 27% into the game. by far the best game I have played this year.
there is so much too do is insane.

the sense of adventure is just unreal.
going for 100% clear so it's going to take me forever.

Yes, it's quite good. :) I haven't played and 3 days and I've gotta get back on it.

I had to set this aside to finish Arkham Origins so I don't wind up game juggling but at what point do you get your ship?

Didn't get a chance to start this yet but I set up all my game stop codes and the one on the inside of the case to install when I do.

I'll take that challenge. I'll be watching your trophy progress he he
To me, 100% means getting 100% platinum, or all collectibles in a game. Not just getting to the end of a main story.

Challenge on! Looking forward to playing :clap

Back