Assassin's Creed IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is the Game Director of the game on up at noon

he did show a bit of the outfit

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnGHnb81kS4[/ame]

What about getting new outfits? Is there anything more "piratey" looking you can equip Edward with that you've found?

There are more unique costumes in this than any other AC game so far....my a mile.

The more 'pirates' one I've found is in the 'special edition' (which I think is actually the standard edition....) Sacrifice Island DLC .... full pirate costume with red bandana.

But there are many other as well, many of them that have nothing at all to do with the AC look.

But I actually like one that is a pirate style ankle length brown coat that goes over the top of the standard AC4 outfit ....adds a definite pirate touch.

I know some dont like the modern day story in Assassin's Creed 4, but for me or anyone who knows about ubisoft montreal , their location and team and all the fun inside bits, well you see right away that abstergo in this game is actually a reflection of Ubisoft montreal itself, even when you look out to the city on the top floor , its montreal , but after talking to some friends who live next to ubisoft montreal we noticed that abstergo montreal is not exactly where ubi is in montreal, but its still cool to see montreal be in the game.

I know some dont like the modern day story in Assassin's Creed 4, but for me or anyone who knows about ubisoft montreal , their location and team and all the fun inside bits, well you see right away that abstergo in this game is actually a reflection of Ubisoft montreal itself, even when you look out to the city on the top floor , its montreal , but after talking to some friends who live next to ubisoft montreal we noticed that abstergo montreal is not exactly where ubi is in montreal, but its still cool to see montreal be in the game.

I thought that outside looked like central park and New York City.... :dunno

Did anyone get the McFarlane poster/map with a preorder? Is there anything to the words on the map side? Like hidden treasure or anything?

So I'm shocked this game ust came out and it's buried in this forum. Has the hype for AC run it's course after the disappointing ending to AC3? How is this game?

People are waiting for the Next-Gen versions. The game is so huge and the graphics are gorgeous even on the current gen, but the appeal of the PS4 and Xbox One I think are keeping people waiting.

So I'm shocked this game ust came out and it's buried in this forum. Has the hype for AC run it's course after the disappointing ending to AC3? How is this game?

People are waiting for the Next-Gen versions. The game is so huge and the graphics are gorgeous even on the current gen, but the appeal of the PS4 and Xbox One I think are keeping people waiting.

I am LOVING AC4.
I'm a big fan of all the series and think its gotten progressively better in each version.

Sure Ezio was a better character than Conner but I even liked that they are clearly unique and separate and very different.

I considered waiting for the next gen version but suspected that there wouldn't be much difference ....and now that the 'gen comparison reviews' are out, that turns out to be true.

Background looks a tiny bit better ...weather effects are better in storms ....but in reality there isn't much.

And this is one of the prettiest games I've seen on 360 so its more than good enough.

I think I've already put in more hours than in any of the previous games.

2 reasons for that:
a) Free world sailing about and exploring is simply just awesome
b) For the first time ever in AC there is an actual point to the economy and things like resource gathering

Upgrading your ship massively is both fun and necessary and the only way to really do it is sailing the oceans and hunting other ships like a....I don't know....pirate :D

And there is a ton to do in exploring, whether it be attacking port cities, naval convoys, or deep sea tressure diving.

As some reviews have noted, the main story is the least necessary part of the game.

I'm serious. I'm about 47% into the game and really only focusing on the story missions. So far yet have been like 4 or 5 sailing missions. All the free roam sailing I try to avoid. I hate it that much.

I'm serious. I'm about 47% into the game and really only focusing on the story missions. So far yet have been like 4 or 5 sailing missions. All the free roam sailing I try to avoid. I hate it that much.

That's what makes the game so good. Might as well just play acIII then.

Everyone has their own opinion. To me, that's what makes the game horrible. Last year everyone said that AC3 didn't even feel like and AC game. But with this being mostly about sailing, I think that separates it more from the franchise than the previous game. Being an assassin requires stealth. Nothing more stealthy than blasting holes in everything with gigantic cannons on a big 'ol boat. Not to mention the incredibly lame modern day storyline. They could've done so many other things. I'm just going to beat the story mode, shelve this game and go back to good old AC2. I have no interest in sailing around in a boat or playing that god awful rage inducing multiplayer. Here's to hoping that the next AC game will have nothing to do with sailing or anything other than free running

I have a lot of fun with the sailing. I enjoyed it in ACIII but I'll agree, it's not very assassin-ish. With this guy being a pirate 1st and an assassin 2nd it makes more sense. Btw, is this Connor's grandfather or great-grandfather?

But I agree with Cleveland_Brown in his love for AC2. Still the perfect Assassin's Creed game.

In my opinion, nothing will ever come close to AC2. The graphics can be as flashy as they want, but the storytelling was flawless and really drew me into a relationship with the characters in the second game. I really hope this franchise doesn't start to go south. It'd be a total waste. By the way, Edward is Connor's grandfather.

Back