Assassin's Creed IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. It is a big issue, if you don't want to have your TV area cluttered with needless hardware, and if your HDTV has limited connection ports (HDMI and composite). Because my fat PS3 is backward compatible with both PS2 and PS1 games, I can choose to have my PS3 out alone and keep the other two consoles in storage.

Also, I never traded in a system before. Don't care for it.

Edit: I forgot to mention the pointlessness of having two Blu Ray players (PS3 and the PS4) connected to a single television set. Which goes back to my point of unnecessary clutter.

It's just a convenience thing... sure, it sucks and I do agree with you guys but...

It's just unrealistic to expect the PS4 to be cheaper than the PS3 at launch with compatibility when it's not the same architecture.

The only way would be to add it inside of the PS4 itself just like the PS3 did with PS2(but the whining of the initial price would outweigh compatibility)

Sadly we'll have to rebuy our PS3 games with Gaikai, would be nice if we could get our own collections on the PS4 for free but that's not going to happen because it's easy money for Sony, lol!

I just retired my old launch 60GB to my closet due to not enough HDMI inputs on my TV... I do have a standalone Blu-Ray player though because I've become paranoid of my slims BD drive dying from too much use. *shifty eyes*

Now I get it. ACIII was really a testing bed for the technologies and gameplay mechanics in this one. A beta for ACIV if you will.

Plus... Connor was a ****. And not in a good way.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question.....

Buccaneer_detail_1000_v2.jpg

Just playing through AC3: The Tyranny of King Washington part 3
(awesome and so worth it if you haven't already....)

Part3 starts with some sailing action and out of nowhere Connor starts talking about how sailing is in hi blood and his grandfather Edward sailed the seas with a 'rough bunch'

Not sure how Connor knew that .... but reality has been rewritten in this DLC so maybe his father (who isn't even in the game) told his mother at one point :)

....does make you wonder how AC4 has just come out of nowhere though. They are obviously setting everything up in hindsight. There wasn't a single reference or easter egg in the main AC3 game at all that referenced Edward....

....does make you wonder how AC4 has just come out of nowhere though. They are obviously setting everything up in hindsight. There wasn't a single reference or easter egg in the main AC3 game at all that referenced Edward....

That we've found yet.

I didn't even realize he was back with Ubisoft.
I think the last AC game he worked on was Brotherhood wasn't it? And from memory didn't finish that before leaving in 2010 ?

Looks nice .... but I'm done with collectors editions.

Last one I bought was Assassins Creed 3 and it was cool ...but they all just become dust collectors in the end. Ended up selling that (and the Revelations statues) on ebay cheaply.
I gave away the gigantic Skyrim CE recently for free to someone just to get rid of it.

I'd like the extra in game content though....

Back