Asmus Toys: LOTR 1/6 HORSES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
I couldn't find a post about the asmus brown/white horse so I'll post some pics here instead.
Just picked this up yesterday from my local retailer.

27acdda4c523e821ce8fe38524e0a62b.jpg

bebd0183b7b67da61048a0736a520324.jpg

754ef3bc6ebb7f9941edea6370cc31ff.jpg

58fb297df95bab0aa89f3a2cd0960a72.jpg

f2eef1320282cf989212dbb7fb5a23bd.jpg

6f04090aa121185949c687f88ce20957.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The horses are out?? The hair quality is terrible, needs some heavy treatment, apart from that its a welcome addition to 1/6

The horses are out?? The hair quality is terrible, needs some heavy treatment, apart from that its a welcome addition to 1/6

Yeah came out just yesterday in HK. I only took it out of the box to do a quick check on the joints and the condition. Plus take some quick shots and post here.
The hair is crap, came all messed up and needs combing or whatever it is to make it look decent. I'll find some other time to play with that.

One of the leg joints is stiff as hell, makes this horrible loud cranking noise, scared it was going to snap. Though it still moves. The other leg joints are fine, a smoother ratchet feel to them. Im thinking if I should take it back and swap for another one, then again its a hassle as its a fairly large item. In general, the rest are fine, so the hair needs working on. Horse is able to stand on its own, though would be nice to come with a stand to support it if a different position is required.

Anyone else order these?

If I buy one of these it's getting covered in full custom armour anyway, agreed the the nazgul steed looks a lot better (less toylike) doesn't stop my daughter calling it a barbie horse though

Looks like it stands on all fours nicely, unlike the Nazgul steed. Honestly though, I would've sacrificed some neck articulation - too many prominent joints.

Agreed, neck joints are a bit weirdly engineered. Very cool that it stands. Thx for the pics

Neck joints do look weird, however the head can bend pretty far down. I don't have the stead to look at so I can't say how well that stands. This one however does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ringwraiths horse is the best!

Do you mean the 1/6 version, or just generally? The black flocking really does enhance the Nazgul steed by concealing the visible joints well and giving the surface a nice texture. If only the engineering had been better so the figure's feet could all plant evenly on the floor. It's great to finally get some decent 1/6 horses though.

I honestly wouldn't care if the horses moved. I wish you could just get solid ones that stand on their own and would hold the figure well. Have nice tack, main and tail. Have the horse match the figure that's suppose to be on it. Same markings and tack. Don't care about the articulation.

I honestly wouldn't care if the horses moved. I wish you could just get solid ones that stand on their own and would hold the figure well. Have nice tack, main and tail. Have the horse match the figure that's suppose to be on it. Same markings and tack. Don't care about the articulation.

:goodpost:

Exactly. That's my strong preference, too. A little articulation in the head and neck would be fine, but I honestly don't need any leg articulation. It's a lot of wasted engineering that just ends up making the figure look more toy-ish. If these things were cheaper, I'd seriously consider picking one up specifically to glue the leg joints in place and sculpt/paint/reflock over them.

Instead of looking at the horses as figures in their own right, I see them more as very cool bases for figures.

Wish these had the flocking on them. I really like the idea of these but they do look a little too toyish for me.

Asmus Toys:Shadowfax, Lord of the Rings - Il Signore degli Anelli REPORT

Asmus Toys:Shadowfax - ACTION DOLLS

Are you sure that is the real deal? It has a huge seam down its chest and the stirrups almost look backwards or at least too short for a human. The packaging does not look quite right for Asmus either (although that is a map of Middle Earth printed on it).

Shadowfax is supposed to be the most magnificent horse alive, the last of the line of father of all horses, I am not getting that vibe from that. And why not show it with Gandalf instead of some generic figure?

:goodpost:

Exactly. That's my strong preference, too. A little articulation in the head and neck would be fine, but I honestly don't need any leg articulation. It's a lot of wasted engineering that just ends up making the figure look more toy-ish. If these things were cheaper, I'd seriously consider picking one up specifically to glue the leg joints in place and sculpt/paint/reflock over them.

Instead of looking at the horses as figures in their own right, I see them more as very cool bases for figures.
Well said, guys. I'm the same way and look at the steed as an elaborate base. Sideshow got it right with their Dewback and Tauntaun, IMO. I really have no use for articulation in a steed.

Are you sure that is the real deal? It has a huge seam down its chest and the stirrups almost look backwards or at least too short for a human. The packaging does not look quite right for Asmus either (although that is a map of Middle Earth printed on it).

Shadowfax is supposed to be the most magnificent horse alive, the last of the line of father of all horses, I am not getting that vibe from that. And why not show it with Gandalf instead of some generic figure?
Regardless of its origins, this horse is atrocious. Poster horse for why articlation is unnecessary. :monkey4

Back