Asmus Toys: LOTR 1/6 HORSES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the idea that they're thinking about a mounted Theoden as a possible release has me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Absolutely a must, especially since we all have Eowyn now as well. And I hope too that Grima gets made.

Speaking of wanted "Kings", I do hope Denethor is being considered (even if he's not a true King).

Just the idea that they're thinking about a mounted Theoden as a possible release has me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yeah until they posted yesterday and never even dared to dream it was possible but now it is my number one on my grail list.

Could you imagine eventually having the main three Rohirrim mounted on display, Théoden with Eomer and Eowyn on either side. Maybe even a Merry seated before Eowyn some day.

Just preordered the brown horse from Asmus. Hoping to get the white horse too, but holding back until I know how much Aragorn will be. Cash doesn't grow on Ents

How about Theoden with 'possessed' alternate headsculpt/hands and throne accessory? Oh, and Grima of course.

That would require a lot of parts, almost two complete figures. Normal/Warg showdown Theoden with cloak and a complete armored look with helmet.

I wonder if Gandalf can sit on the white horse without the saddle since he didn't use one........or did he?

I wonder if Gandalf can sit on the white horse without the saddle since he didn't use one........or did he?

He did not... I mean obviously the actor did, hidden under a blanket, but it shall look like he is not using one (what goes with the books of course). So if you just hide it under a blanket it would be accurate :D

A mounted Theoden would have amazing shelf presence, I really hope they are actually making him :pray:

theodenking.jpg

man that thing is really nice, even the hair and hooves look really well done. I'll echo Bucky and say I'm really hoping the production pieces live up to the proto. Id say Asmus has a pretty good track record in that area so for though, so I'm feeling pretty confident we'll get something close to this.

Hmm ... I was wondering about that. Maybe this proto's not finished?

Or ... maybe the lack of paint detail is just something they can't do because of the flocking. I think they did say earlier on that the flocking process does prevent a detailed paint job.

I really hope these are released soon. At this rate they may only get here in time for Christmas. *sigh* as long as the quality is there I suppose I shouldn't complain too much about how long it takes...

Hopefully they've improved on how flocking is done. Having collected things when I was young with flocking on it, it doesn't hold up well.

That looks great though, but a little too clean. Might just be where they're starting from. Needs nails through the hooves too.

Nazgul steed is a very nice piece. Leg articulation and expecially alignment could be better, but overall is a very nice piece with a hell of a shelf presence.
Here with a classy rider:
vad1_zpsdgnedjby.jpg

Back