Asmus Toys: LOTR 1/6 HORSES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job on those pics.. nice forced perspective makes them look in scale with their surroundings. That Ring Wraith looks pretty bad ass too.

A bit of gravedigging for a couple of pics I Instagrammed recently:
Asmus Steed+ACI Ringwraith+river track near home.

087618ad45142a816c5d83796c259c5c.jpg

089e0b72b810329e30a24ac40a15936d.jpg

Wonderful pics!! That first one looks just like the road where the 4 hobbits hide from the Black Rider in "The Fellowship of the Ring". Amazing.

Yeah, that top one at first glance looks like a BTS production still. The horse's teeth give it away once you look close enough.

I wish I would have bought one of the ACI Ring Wraiths. I know where to get one at retail but that is still a lot of money and I already have one Asmus and the Witch King too. That is too many faceless horrors to justify purchasing one now.

Thanks everyone.

Wonderful pics!! That first one looks just like the road where the 4 hobbits hide from the Black Rider in "The Fellowship of the Ring". Amazing.

Yes..that's what I thought while I was running. There's a spot on river track that could be even better (with tree branches making an arch) but it's pretty far down the path.

I am looking for a horse for Hot Toys Ursus and I came across this one. Is this the best one these days? I like that it's articulated so the joints are ok with me. ...but it seems to be hard to get? Would appreciate some input!

I am looking for a horse for Hot Toys Ursus and I came across this one. Is this the best one these days? I like that it's articulated so the joints are ok with me. ...but it seems to be hard to get? Would appreciate some input!

Hey slikkerias, are you wondering about the brown horse, white or Nazgul?

The brown I think. I would have to paint it darker, but the one is just too evil for Ursus.

I have the brown and it's pretty good. It's stored up right now and I never tried any crazy dynamic poses with it but I remember it worked just fine for Aragorn. One thing with mine was that the head was heavy and the neck would kind of droop on its own and put a strain on that joint. Also the hair is shiny and a bit doll-like. I'd love to see what you can do to it with your customizing skills. I still plan on having a go at it someday.

I got mine direct from Asmus and it looks like they still have them in stock:

https://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=45&product_id=100

I have the brown and it's pretty good. It's stored up right now and I never tried any crazy dynamic poses with it but I remember it worked just fine for Aragorn. One thing with mine was that the head was heavy and the neck would kind of droop on its own and put a strain on that joint. Also the hair is shiny and a bit doll-like. I'd love to see what you can do to it with your customizing skills. I still plan on having a go at it someday.

https://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=45&product_id=100

Thank you! Gonna look that up. I'm mostly into relaxed stances so no problem.
Does it look to you like it can be painted without major issues?

Cheers! Should be a pretty straightforward repaint. The skin is very smooth so I was thinking it would be best to spray a base coat color and then go in on the details. Only other challenge would be getting the tack on and off correctly and without snapping any of the thin pleather.

Back