Artoys 1/6 Scale Hell Man Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue too but I think I have a process down where if I had to do it again, I could do it faster. Don't plan on undoing though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How’d you do it? I had them done and then it came undone when I was messing with the figure trying to put his left hand on. Whoever designed that belt buckle needs to die in a car fire. :gah:

How’d you do it? I had them done and then it came undone when I was messing with the figure trying to put his left hand on. Whoever designed that belt buckle needs to die in a car fire. :gah:
Feed the end of the through the right side of the buckle and stick the prongs through the holes you decide on using. Now feed the end back underneath the buckle so it passes over the post that's sewn into the belt. Pass it through the loop and the loop that should hold the horseshoe and that's it. Some instruction would have been nice for sure as that would have been a time saver. I hope my explanation makes sense.

I’ve been wanting a comic version of Hellboy....cough I mean Hellman for a long time. So for the price I couldn’t afford not to take a chance on this release. Using the comic sculpt as my starting point....I went ahead and sewed myself some neoprene black thigh shorts and sculpted some hoove feet. Weathered the hooves, scratched them up, painted them gray and white, then used a gloss black over them and then sealed them with floor wax with a fan brush to give them gloss but marred look. Since they are actually feet that I sculpted over he has complete range of motion at the ankle so massive pivot and rocker and can hold the poses. Used some knock Off Assassin’s Creed boot tops cut down for his boot spats. I might actually change them later - or at least paint them weathered black with a few red highlights on the straps might be sweet, but for now I happier then a pig in a poke. I also sculpted a bigger cigar, but I’m not finished wrapping it in the thin brown strips of paper. Also making him custom stand.

Hope you dig him.

Take care - Jase

4d1239a0584fad900cbd2069dad707c5.jpg
2bd8bf16e72cd578b74639c9e3720fdf.jpg
546300de5425f0422cd8263d95694eb9.jpg
08232d9d30b3e506baea7a3ec3467b1f.jpg
11176c0cdd40ad3730450ccfb83778c4.jpg
3cc2c5269e1cb32f424acee3c4b43001.jpg
78a700fcd6d60b1d2106f5686b2660b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my second Hellmans...Miracle Whip...boy from hell today to make a straight movie figure. Side note that black t-shirt was ridiculously hard to get on.... if I hadn’t seen other had done it I would have thought it was impossible to do. If you put it on...take your time and have a beer or something stronger handy and don’t forget to breath between cuss words.

Listed a bunch of extra parts (heads, pants, hands, shirts, the extra Big Baby) all in my evilbay store. Went ahead and dry brushed silver and sealed both of my Samaritans, the one Big Baby I’m keeping (also bored out the cylinders to accept the shells because they’re too small to begin with) because the straight black plastic looks lacking.

8c01a63dd2e0ba181425354e99b88ed3.jpg
94570f556b31c921bd0a602cba2e1cf9.jpg
9c31684c6d640ec980e8fb4ac3ccc985.jpg
342658d2aa33009a68091d8550685d69.jpg

Also did some slight mods...belt shortened, and shortened Samaritan holster leg strap. Also drilled a tiny hole in the cigar and placed a 1/4” piece of a thin metal finishing nail into the end of it. Lastly a tiny pilot hole using my Dremel was made in the teeth of one of the grimace sculpts. Making sure I didn’t touch the lips just the teeth. I then heated the sculpt while I glued the cigar in place pushing the pointed nail in as an extra anchor support into the sculpt itself. I heated it up so the lips were pliable so when I had the cigar seated in the teeth “hole” I made the lips appear to be more wrapped on the cigar like it was sculpted with him holding the cigar in his mouth. Makes for a pretty decent illusion that it was made that way. So now I have my Comic version and Movie version. Only need to give them both horseshoes and they will be done along with the custom stands I’m making for them along with my Sideshow Abe, Kroenen, and my Tittoys Kroenen.

Take care - Jase

Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

6dea79ecd3ed329eca82a0dda91c5690.jpg
2e258ebf74bd4fc3de02e4e44cd1e341.jpg
e2b22802eeed116a2bacc3a95d6ef90c.jpg
fbbd6ea781c796c4fcfe9cbdd4f28ffd.jpg
06dd4e03110c0a7bd66477473f39ca6f.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked, but what is the consensus from those who own both this and the Hot Toys. Is this an upgrade?

Don't know if it's an upgrade, but it is a nice "instead of" figure. It has enough to cover anyone's movie Hellboy fix. As much as many tout HT's efforts there are aspects about the figure that are lacking. Physique, height, deteriorating pants, etc. I also may not be the best judge 'cause I sort of like SS's Hellboy:
2up5vth.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked, but what is the consensus from those who own both this and the Hot Toys. Is this an upgrade?

I owned the HT figure a few years ago and I'd consider the Artoys an upgrade. While I did love the HT body sculpt (even though not accurate) I feel the Artoys version is the one to get. Real leather goods (no rotting pants), the head sculpts, and scale push it over the top for me. The things that HT did better are so few that you'd be pretty foolish to go after that one on the secondary market. The only puzzling thing I can think of with the Artoys is why they didn't try to make the shells fit the Big Baby.

The ARTOYS figures even with some nuanced faults/issues is a worthwhile offering to buy and I recommend it to anyone who missed out on the problematic quality HT version from years back.

The thing that is hilarious and also peculiar at times is a certain segment within the 1:6 hobby who are very HT focused and figuratively/literally against any and all non-licensed third party offerings because of some being recasts, modified recasts, and/or actually original offerings or new offerings never offered by HT.

To be honest, I'm surprised this figure is being allowed to be discussed here as well.

I'm more impressed by HELL MAN than the "Leon" inspired figure by ARTOYS.

Is this still available anywhere?

Sent from my fully armed and operational battle station using Tapatalk

I believe Damtoys possibly sold the molds or had some sort of deal that meant artoys were able to re-release it. This happens quite a lot.

I love him! right at home with my del toro shelf .i pushed his head down all the way and actually cut off his rubber arms and pulled out all the foam so his arms and coat would hang more naturally. slipped the arms back on to give grip to the right hand of doom and you still see the wrsit on the left. im not taking the coat off so this works for me. added ankle extenders to abe so hes a slight taller :)
thumbnail_20180304_172224.jpgthumbnail_20180305_102609.jpgthumbnail_20180305_102616.jpgthumbnail_20180305_102538.jpg

I'm curious, what is the joint system like at the elbows?

Good to know. I was hoping an actual joint system rather that just a wire in there. Thanks for answering.

Nice! Your Abe is holding up pretty well. The suit on mine is starting to flake.

no problem The Jerker :wave

Smoke Up Johnny

abe was mint til i had to take off the shirt a couple times to repair his shoulders inside the torso.. i was getting so angry as the little black flakes were falling off lol. both knees snapped too! but now he has new knees, new shoulder pivots. and i put a longer neck peg in there too while i was fixing him. very happy with the set up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back