SSR - Knight by Gaslight (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) - 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all!

For someone's who's completely new to SSR & any/all of their quirks, is this a safe preorder, knowing full well it'll likely be delayed?

(i.e. is the only real issue of "concern" lateness, but the quality/durability/likeness to prototype is nothing to be worried about?)

Anybody have any concerns with the practically all-leather items, long-term? (Flaking, cracking, etc? I've not had any experience with leather & figures)

Thanks!

Their Hush Batman turned me off if this company forever, with ears breaking and a trash stock body. I guess this looks good, but I’d rather have the prime 1 statue of this character if I wanted a good representation of him.

Their Hush Batman turned me off if this company forever, with ears breaking and a trash stock body. I guess this looks good, but I’d rather have the prime 1 statue of this character if I wanted a good representation of him.
To be fair they acknowledged that and all figures since have been much better. They are planning a Hush 2.0 to make up for the lacklustre first effort to.

Prices seem to be getting more reasonable to.

To be fair they acknowledged that and all figures since have been much better. They are planning a Hush 2.0 to make up for the lacklustre first effort to.

Ok, that's important!!! So they owned up to past mistakes... Love hearing that!

In that case, is the only real (potential) issue all the real leather goods?

im more concerned about how the real leather goods will look. most companies make it notoriously thick looking. only a rare few are able to accomplish and make it look thin but really i think the only leather good are the cape and belt but i hope that cape is still able to drape well even with the thicker material

im more concerned about how the real leather goods will look. most companies make it notoriously thick looking. only a rare few are able to accomplish and make it look thin but really i think the only leather good are the cape and belt but i hope that cape is still able to drape well even with the thicker material

Ok, I get that (never thought of it, actually!) - so the leather itself flaking/cracking not so much of a concern? (Apparently it's almost all leather: cape, gauntlets, boots, belt, etc.!)

Ok, I get that (never thought of it, actually!) - so the leather itself flaking/cracking not so much of a concern? (Apparently it's almost all leather: cape, gauntlets, boots, belt, etc.!)
yeah they advertised it as genuine leather so we should be fine. its a trade off, pleather and leather both have their pros and cons

last thing i need is for this figure with all of its leather goods to turn into a present toys indy case where the jacket looks unsightly to the eyes. pleather just looks nicer because companies are able to get it thin enough where it looks convincing

i don't particularly mind ssr using resin headsculpts, i quite like it but i understand why others might not, but i think my main concern for this release is how the leather goods will look in hand (quite like that they went for a drape cape instead of wired since i mostly do museum poses)

but shouldn't be concern for flakeage for a long while or at all

yeah they advertised it as genuine leather so we should be fine. its a trade off, pleather and leather both have their pros and cons

last thing i need is for this figure with all of its leather goods to turn into a present toys indy case where the jacket looks unsightly to the eyes. pleather just looks nicer because companies are able to get it thin enough where it looks convincing

i don't particularly mind ssr using resin headsculpts, i quite like it but i understand why others might not, but i think my main concern for this release is how the leather goods will look in hand (quite like that they went for a drape cape instead of wired since i mostly do museum poses)

but shouldn't be concern for flakeage for a long while or at all

^ As someone new to both the company and the use of real leather in 1/6 scale figures, I appreciate this insight tremendously!!! (Had NO idea about issues with Present Toys' Indy figure! I thought they were one of the more reputable 1/6 manufacturers... damn)

I'm with you on a drape-cape versus wired, too; here's hoping in-hand it scales well and isn't super-thick.

My biggest concern was the flaking and/or cracking, so thanks again for the input!

I was disappointed in HUSH - fortunately, Kit sent me a new head - especially for the price, but this looks too cool to pass up. Fingers crossed.

BatmanCroc.jpg

That’s great to hear about a Hush 2.0! Would lovet with their new in-house made muscle body over that Worldbox AT027 body. They seemed to have learned a lot since that release.

Back