Artoys 1/6 Scale Hell Man Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem The Jerker :wave

Smoke Up Johnny

abe was mint til i had to take off the shirt a couple times to repair his shoulders inside the torso.. i was getting so angry as the little black flakes were falling off lol. both knees snapped too! but now he has new knees, new shoulder pivots. and i put a longer neck peg in there too while i was fixing him. very happy with the set up :)

I have to make similar repairs to mine (bad shoulder and broken knee) - did you buy a new body or cannibalize parts from something else? Either way, what body did you source from?

I have to make similar repairs to mine (bad shoulder and broken knee) - did you buy a new body or cannibalize parts from something else? Either way, what body did you source from?

i had some extra older true types in the bin. luckily the little hinges were a perfect fit. so hes all original abe except the knee joints, ankle extenders i bout from onesixthkit, and the longer neck peg and shoulder hinges. i might look into fixing his rubber arm attatchment sites. the inner lip around where that attatches to the ball on his shoulders are broken . lol damn abe.

i had some extra older true types in the bin. luckily the little hinges were a perfect fit. so hes all original abe except the knee joints, ankle extenders i bout from onesixthkit, and the longer neck peg and shoulder hinges. i might look into fixing his rubber arm attatchment sites. the inner lip around where that attatches to the ball on his shoulders are broken . lol damn abe.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I don't have any spare parts, so I'm going to have to go out and find a donor body for replacement parts. Hopefully Toy Anxiety has a HT body that will suffice.

modded hellboy a bit more. folded up the pant length, took off the ankle extenders, and added the sideshow boots.
thumbnail_20180313_102042.jpg

Cant wait for this guy soon. My only gripe so many headscupts wish had 2 bodys included. Drive's my o.c.d crazy when things just wasting away in box. All heads need to be displayed or used.

I love him! right at home with my del toro shelf .i pushed his head down all the way and actually cut off his rubber arms and pulled out all the foam so his arms and coat would hang more naturally. slipped the arms back on to give grip to the right hand of doom and you still see the wrsit on the left. im not taking the coat off so this works for me. added ankle extenders to abe so hes a slight taller :)
View attachment 397466View attachment 397467View attachment 397468View attachment 397469

Kick myself for not ordering the clockwork k.o release want to display next to my red skull. Great collection.

Cant wait for this guy soon. My only gripe so many headscupts wish had 2 bodys included. Drive's my o.c.d crazy when things just wasting away in box. All heads need to be displayed or used.

Great figure. My favorite so far this year. Grabbed two and made two figures and sold off all the extras I didn’t need from 2nd Figure. Which completely off set the cost of the 2nd figure. It allowed me to do a movie and comic version of Hellboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e87e2a3241a6e97aac999d01e536d662.jpg

I did do some mods, I stretched the ankle pegs with a heat gun. Not much about an 1/16” and added Dragon shoe lifts in the boots and added a wire spacer in the lower leg joints. All to gain him just shy of a half inch in height so the pants don’t appear so baggy. They are the nicest leather pants so I didn’t want to trim them. I also shortened the belt so it doesn’t hang that much. It did in the movie slightly but not down to his crotch. Plus some cheap 99¢ gloss red decals on some clone stands and viola my Movie Version is awesome.

6c950c36985ea914a3cfc72d67776104.jpg
f9ade94c4f6559ca0ed0ee6362c1cd21.jpg
730543967a2f8b947fdb3354469c7bcc.jpg
d9e3aebcc83365c70d26bc560bb9a836.jpg
95e2ade1f146eed1e6e6c36133147f43.jpg
2c4bfa559a38f22607ad9df7f21d26cd.jpg

Height difference now compared to the stock height figure.
4d433863f6e5bec1a6cf60fe5727f96e.jpg

Very cool display Jase. The comic head is growing on me. How did you get cigar to stay ?

I took the grimace head from my second set and used tiny Dremel that had a cone type bit. Made a little hole in the teeth but was careful not to touch the lips. Then I drilled a small pilot hole with a tiny drill bit I have in to the cigar...slowly. Then used the same bit to drill into the center of the little divot I dremeled out of the teeth. Then I cut a small finishing nail and used a little super glue on an applicator (so you control the amount) on each end of the nail and pushed one end into the cigar the other into the hole I made in the teeth. The reason I was careful about the lips is when I pushed all the parts together - it allowed the lips to bend around the cigar which gives the illusion he’s actually holding “chomping on” the cigar in his mouth and not “floating” there. What’s nice is after it set up and dries...the cigar is basically part of the sculpt. You could literally hold my entire figure up by the holding the tip of the cigar.
b8b1dd540bbe30d7c33f1bccaa4a6d87.jpg
2b18aec02f53164faf87b854bee2ee85.jpg
5a6d7ee498515fa93c06a07892fca820.jpg

Nice work! I was hoping was just wedge in place ,oh well he will have to just hold onto it in hand then, thank's for sharing work very cool!

Kick myself for not ordering the clockwork k.o release want to display next to my red skull. Great collection.

thanks man! i pieced kroenen together. i think the only parts that are clockwork, pants, coat, accessories, hat....but the head is mc, its a tad smaller so it looks better scaled with the hat on... the coat a thinner one i had in my bin, painted a white shirt black lol

thanks man! i pieced kroenen together. i think the only parts that are clockwork, pants, inner short coat, accessories, hat....but the head is mc, its a tad smaller so it looks better scaled with the hat on... the trench coat a thinner one i had in my bin, painted a white shirt black lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back