Artoys 1/6 Scale Hell Man Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, got my invoice from Kit this morning. Wasn't expecting it until like April/May (if ever), so it's a cool surprise.

We might see some in-hand pics early next week.

Hope that the 4th head will look like the comic version or something like this :

s-l500.jpg

Well, got my invoice from Kit this morning. Wasn't expecting it until like April/May (if ever), so it's a cool surprise.

We might see some in-hand pics early next week.

Hope that the 4th head will look like the comic version or something like this :

View attachment 390488

Yeah, I was a bit surprised as well. It's cool that it's coming earlier than expected. I've been waiting to get my hands on this figure for years.

That comic book style head sculpt would be pretty neat. We'll just have to wait and see.

Paid for mine as well. Hopefully it turns out well.

Yeah really hope the body's good enough. It's one of my most desired figure since i started this hobby.

Was checking Ebay yesterday and the price of the Hot Toys Hellboy is just too high. The best price i've seen in the last year is 500$ and both knees were broken.

Yep was far too fascinated by this to not pre order. It’s closer to the damtoys release than the hot toys version but I suspect there may be a mix of both that will influence this release (namely the 4th headsculpt might be HT inspired). If it looks good thats all I care about. I actually had the HT Hellboy in my collection for about 3 days but it just felt like it was not going to last. It was insanely expensive for what it actually was. Too many have been ravaged by time so I returned it.
Haven’t seen many of the damtoys version around not many people share it on the forums etc there must have only been a very low run. You can tell it not HT via the chest and horned headsculpt. Still looks good though. Praying this is going to be like captain of the octopus and be an impressive third party offering. Heres a pic and youtube vid of what we could possible expect with this version (I hope)
a8fa14fd35b1d2952f5046b88a4a6fde.jpeg

https://youtu.be/Kos-6NCrCBk

Oh wow whoever called that 4th headsculpt nailed it! I thought it would be a HT recast but its not so thumbs up to Dresky for a good call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow whoever called that 4th headsculpt nailed it! I thought it would be a HT recast but its not so thumbs up to Dresky for a good call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha yes! Probably going to display him with that head.

I sure hope the jacket doesn't stain the body. Or else we'll have another purple coat joker scenario.

Oh man... I NEED THIS!

Where is the best place to order ya think?

Sallah

Oh man... I NEED THIS!

Where is the best place to order ya think?

Sallah

Onesixthkit mentioned something on his Facebook page on a potential new batch of pre-orders for this figure.
However, on his site, it hasn't been listed yet.

I wonder if this version still has the problem where the arms can't hold a bent pose.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to mine.

Two words of warning.

1) Don't miss the cigar. It's easy to lose in the foam packing.

2) Use heat to swap hands. The hands themselves are hard plastic, and, of course, there's no give in chunky metal wrist pegs. I'm using the boil and pop method - dropping the hands into a mug of boiling water to soften them.

The legs look like regular plastic ones with plastic barbell joints attached to a pair of red bare feet that fit inside the leather boots.

Heightwise he's a bit short for comicbook Hellboy (6 '11") as he only measures 13" from the soles of his boots to the top of his head. The boots hav a 5/16" sole, so doing the calculations this Hellboy is just over 6' 4" tall.

However, the trousers are longer than the need to be. They should fasten below his belly button. If you undo the back of the trousers you can lower them, and with a pair of Kit's long hexagonal ankle extenders you can make him a fair bit taller.

How's the rubber body? Is the big arm easy to remove to swap clothes?

The arms are a metal armature under the rubber so they hold whater position you want, though I'm not sure I'd want to leave them like that.

Both hands need heat to remove them from the metal pegs. Above the big hand there are two loose pieces that just slide over the arm: a small shaped ring, and the forearm itself.

Aahh ok thanks!

The accessories look really nice.

Please post some pics if you can of your figure.

It's taking a long time to put him together.

Finding the belt really difficult to fasten as the two metal prongs keep moving around! I did it once, then undid it to see if I could make it tighter. That doesn't look possible so I'm now trying to fasten it again.

It's probably because I've placed the trousers lower down where his body's slimmer.
All good, take your time. Would rather see pics of the figure when properly futzed!

I decided I was making too many problems for myself in making him taller, so put him back to how he was.

But it's taken hours messing with the belt. And therein lies the fatal flaw with this figure: the belt is far too long.

You can't tighten it to the last setting as it's designed to have the last two holes visible, as it was in the film. But it's loose so it slips too low down on his thighs. The only way I could make it sit by his waistband was to push folded up card down between the belt and his trousers at the back. He therefore doesn't look good from the back as the belt and pouches push the coat out.

An associated issue is that the holster leg strap has no adjustment on it. Like the belt it's far too long. The solution here is to break the weak glue holding the end of the strap and tighten the strap round his leg, tucking the excess under itself.

Disegarding those issues he looks great.

40120946192_c23ce5ac91_o.jpg

28373099669_34d729de0f_o.jpg

Those are two quick snaps with the flash on. Everything looks a lot better in reality.
Looks really nice! Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back