Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to start bombarding Sideshow with enthusiasm for this line. Give them feedback to show we appreciate this line.

I guess, ultimately, it comes down to sales, but I hope they realize they have a strong base of fans. :(

This sculpt is miles ahead of the Angel PF. I also think the pose is much better, the PF pose didn't look right at all. I personally think that Angel statue killed the PF line because the Buffy's and Spike looked great, but the Angel was a let down imho.

This Angel looks great and I also love the 1/5 scale, big, but not too big, which sometimes I think the 1/4 can look a bit too large.

Pre ordered the Ex today :)

I also think this is superior to the PF...except I think I prefer the PF vamp face to this. It looks more like him in make-up imo.

As a younger version of Angel goes I think this works very well, although as some as said It might have been nice If the pose had been a wee bit livelier, or If his expression was not so neutral.

I' love to get It, but as with the Spike version I'm going to have to pass as I simply cannot justify the expense sadly. Oh well, one of these days....:lol

Last edited:
I am glad to see so many people ordered. And we're just a tiny fraction of the people out there who ordered him. Nice job.

Of course I ordered the ex when it went up. I wouldn't miss it.

I'm from the generation that remembers when you had to book a long distance telephone call, via the operator. :horror
To order anything was all done via snail mail and took weeks not seconds.:horror

Last Tuesday I ordered my Angel statue using my iPhone, while flying over the North Sea. (Done in seconds)

What has not changed is the waiting for delivery .:impatient:

Last edited:
I'm from the generation that remembers when you had to book a long distance telephone call, via the operator. :horror

lol... I remember that.

I also remember crowded playgrounds and parks at all times of the year, spending hours pouring over every inch of LP covers while listening Boston's debut album, waiting in line overnight to score tickets to see Springsteen for the River tour and getting great seats (no online competition), using my uncle's old typewriter (and liquid paper!) to submit a term paper, and perhaps most importantly, dreading to be in the back seat of my parents car just as we're about to turn a corner because I knew I was going to get crushed by my older sister intentionally (we didn't use seat belts then... lol).

Last edited:
Hello guys, this statue is the one I expected to be announced by the sideshow, I really want ex version and I've done the pre-order I hope they continue with the line :clap

We need to start bombarding Sideshow with enthusiasm for this line. Give them feedback to show we appreciate this line.

I guess, ultimately, it comes down to sales, but I hope they realize they have a strong base of fans. :(

What is the best channel that I can use to bombard them? I so would, this line is absolutely worth it.

I got the EX on flexpay. I sent 'Ask Sideshow' a message this morning about a Giles, Xander, & maybe a Cordy. We need to complete the Scooby Gang. Hope they listen.

Done. Not holding my breath for a response though. :)

I got the EX on flexpay. I sent 'Ask Sideshow' a message this morning about a Giles, Xander, & maybe a Cordy. We need to complete the Scooby Gang. Hope they listen.

Sweet!! Glad to see they'll be getting some questions in their Inbox again. I don't foresee mine getting answered, since it's been so long. Hopefully, one of us gets a published answer soon. I think if they lower the edition sizes, thus investing less to make those 'extra' pieces, Sideshow might view it as more successful. I think lower edition sizes would also spur more collectors to pre-order sooner, rather than later.

At this point I'll just be thankful for WHATEVER we get, seeing as Buffy hasn't been on the air for years now. I REALLY want Giles & Xander statues but I'm not gonna hold my breath. More 1:6 figures would be nice too and as I stated in another thread, a few dioramas would be sweet!

Basically, I just want to sincerely thank SS for even considering making anything Buffy. They're my heroes!

SS finally put up an estimated ship date of August 2012 but the edition size is still TBD.

Last edited:
I wonder if they're waiting to see how many preorders they can get before determining what the edition size is gonna be.

Their release times seem to be very strange for this line. I mean Buffy was released in 2010, Willow in 2011 (I think?) then Faith and Spike are released within 2 weeks of each other and then Angel is several months away in August.

There were a lot of problems with the Faith statues, but not as many with Spike. I wonder if having 2 releases so close together harmed the QC of the Faith?

I don't know but it was definitely weird having Faith and Spike released so close together, given the release schedule of all the others just as you said. It definitely could have played a factor.

Back