Possible War Machine 1:2 Maquette LSF in the Pipeline?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All panky did was copy the HT version EXACTLY, that's why it looks more like a 1:2 articulating toy than a 1:2 maquette. I've purchased tons of stuff from these guys over the years. Quality is always crap and almost ALWAYS looks better in pictures than in person. That's why I've stopped buying from these guys or anything else from the Philippines for that matter. Your ether going to get screwed by them or over pay, ether of which ain't worth the headache.

Chris
True to that. Especially, the materials they used to make these statues.

Is this always the case with the custom statues or do some of them have decent quality?

Its always a risk when dealing with these guys overseas. In my experience, I got screwed more than I enjoyed receiving pieces. I usually had to dump thousands more into fixing something they sent me instead of just opening it, displaying it and enjoying. Every time I complained to them about the quality of what they sent me followed with pictures I usually never heard from them again for weeks. It was quite the opposite though before I sent them money. I would always get a response to emails within minutes. After I sent them money I wouldn't actually see the piece I paid for close to a year in some cases. My 1:2 Hulkbuster I got from Pankey literally took a year from the time I paid him to the time it ended up at my door. They always have some excuse to why its delayed and some reason why they need more money. I've learned these guys scam you out of your money more often than not. The quality of the product you receive is horrible, the materials they use are of the cheapest quality.

I had one instance with pankey where I paid him for his 1:2 Ryu, the very next day I changed my mind and told him I don't want the statue anymore and just send the money back to me. I got a response from him saying "sorry, I already spent the money it will be at least 1-2 months before I can refund you" Im like what?. I dont care if you already spent the money, I want it back now. He said my 1:2 Ryu was almost complete and would be shipping in a few weeks. So I asked him how he was able to finish a statue in less than 24 hours of me paying him, yet every other piece I've ordered from him in the past took a year to complete?....to which I never got a response.

Point is, these guys don't care for quality or respect. They just want your money. Once they get it, its like pulling teeth to get what you were promised. Their paint jobs were literally the worst thing about any of the pieces I received from the Philippines. I use to think SS paint apps were bad, these guys are on another level of horrible. They actually make SS paint apps look like million dollar museum paint jobs.

The best guys I've worked with for customs is Joe (spawnyvsbatman) and Randy vandyke for paint. They are great guys, honest with great communication. Also the quality you'll get from them is far above anything you'll get from the Philippines.

My advice, stay away from people like pankey and others like him from that part of the world....or else your just asking for trouble.

Chris

Thanks for the advice I was thinking about picking up a few from there but I think I'll leave it and keep with sideshow.

I did always wonder why they were so expensive

Back