Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you Sexy. I didn't care for the Spike pose, but this pose is perfect on Angel. I am far more than pleasantly surprised by the overall feel of this piece. I was planning on not wanting Angel, but Sideshow did a great job conceiving this one. I'm reconsidering big time.

I even think a vamp head will look great on this pose since Angelus was such a cocky bastard.

:rock :rock :rock

Vamp face could be the ex as it is with Spike. I think the likeness is spot on, but I do l also think the pose is a little bland, they could have come up wit somehthing a little more inventive IMO. However I will still preorder this ask have no other Angel statues and this likeness is great if David Boreanaz. Will look forward to seeing some new pics frm different angles.

See how it says "Angel" not "Angelus the vampire"
Stop _____ing about it not having the vampire face!!!

A little moody, aren't we?

No one was whining about not getting the vampire face yet (which Buffygirl pointed out we will get) until you came along, just expressing their excitement that we'll get the vampire face too, which will probably make this piece even better. Fans of a TV show who's main character is a vampire are very likely to be excited about the vampire head.

See how it says "Angel" not "Angelus the vampire"
Stop _____ing about it not having the vampire face!!!

And this is what's wrong with the world. People are mean to others for no real reason.

There WILL be a vampire face, it will be epic so all those in favor of going on about it, say I and enjoy!

The pose will suit the vampire face a bit more. Either way, I'm just happy we'll have a piece that actually looks like Angel.

I haven't heard anything else about any future pieces. So for now, take this as your last folks.

I think the vamp face in the PF looks awesome (I never display the statue with the human face, which I hate). This maquette is definitely an improvement over the PF human portrait, and I can't wait to see the whole thing. I bet the pose grows on us when we see it with the base and everything. I have one question, do you know when will Angel be up for pre-order?

I think the vamp face in the PF looks awesome (I never display the statue with the human face, which I hate). This maquette is definitely an improvement over the PF human portrait, and I can't wait to see the whole thing. I bet the pose grows on us when we see it with the base and everything. I have one question, do you know when will Angel be up for pre-order?

He'll probably be up for order during spook.

I like the pf vamp face, don't get me wrong. I just prefer the newer one. But it's not as 'dark' as the pf. It's more of a sexy natural brooding vamp face. I like it. I like both very much. I will probably always keep my pf vamp face and then switch up between the the two on the maquette.

I had enough points to cover about half. Going to be a great day (or set of days) when this, Spike and Faith come into town.

this is up!

I'm not used to this 'putting stuff up for order whenever' routine during Spooktacular. :lol

I've got reward points to cover the cost of this one, but if I have more reward points than what is needed do I lose the remaining balance? I need to call Sideshow sometime today. ES is TBA, so I'm not worried about it selling out for at least a day or more.

Looks awesome, BTW. 'Game Face' looks sweet. I like this better than the PF, I think. I like the idea of all sculpt (no fabric) with this line. It provides more room for detail and surprisingly, I like it.

Ugh! Whatever javascript they are using for Spooktacular is screwing up my browser again. Anybody have an affiliates link or something to go to the product page? I just want to look for now.

It is too soon to get my Rogue points. No ES posted? I wonder if it will last a month or so? Here's hoping for a EX Spike-like ES! :lol

Ugh! Whatever javascript they are using for Spooktacular is screwing up my browser again. Anybody have an affiliates link or something to go to the product page? I just want to look for now.

It is too soon to get my Rogue points. No ES posted? I wonder if it will last a month or so? Here's hoping for a EX Spike-like ES! :lol

I hope it has a smaller ES than Spike, but hey, if they're selling the units....then by all means. I just hope we get more after Angel. :(

Awwww he looks terrifyingly awesome! Just PO'd my ex. So excited! :hi5::yess::panic:
But 3rd Q 2012? Ugh gonna have to be very patient! :impatient:

I think it looks perfect. Great sculpt, nice painting application. Just one problem.

It's dull.

I keep thinking "Couldn't they atleast have given him a red silk shirt?" I mean it's beautiful, and I definitly want to own it some day, but it looks dull. And it kind of focuses on Angel's "I'm brooding, yet full of myself"-side. I just wish he didn't pose.

I'm bias though, since I haven't been a fan of the character for years. It's still better than Buffy, Willow and Faith though, when it comes to being true to the character.

OK, finally able to get through to product page!

Both heads are fantastic. No surprise there.

I agree, pose is kind of lame. And yeah, a little more color would not hurt. What is more of a concern though is that the heads look much bigger than the body. He looks like a shrimpy thing, with a Spike-like physique? His shoulders should be broader. Maybe the result of having a different body sculptor?

I am not as psyched about this one as Faith and Spike. I might wait for the low quantity bar to go up. Maybe by then I'll have the points credited to pay for a bigger chunk of it (the heads, haha).

Back