Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only own two, and couldn't agree more. Great detail, etc. The prices, on the other hand, are starting to creep up.

I'm disappointed with what happened to the Buffy line, in general. Given that the line did fairly well, I'm surprised they dropped it the way they did, especially considering how much they've invested in other lines like Dinosauria, G.I. Joe, etc. At the very least, give the fans a heads-up on what's going on. I've probably submitted a question as to the status of the line 10 times (or so.) And alas, no answer. As much as I love Sideshow, it leaves a 'bad taste' in my mouth.

I really think they should have released a Illyria. How could she not sell well, if done right? The hair, costume, attitude, perfect for a bad ass statue.

I only own two, and couldn't agree more. Great detail, etc. The prices, on the other hand, are starting to creep up.

I'm disappointed with what happened to the Buffy line, in general. Given that the line did fairly well, I'm surprised they dropped it the way they did, especially considering how much they've invested in other lines like Dinosauria, G.I. Joe, etc. At the very least, give the fans a heads-up on what's going on. I've probably submitted a question as to the status of the line 10 times (or so.) And alas, no answer. As much as I love Sideshow, it leaves a 'bad taste' in my mouth.

I only own 2 Hot Toys figures as well :) Superman Christopher Reeve and Avatar Jake Sully - both amazing figures :) What 2 do you own?

I still have my Buffy and Angel 12" figures from SS, though they're certainly not as impressive as what HT is putting out today (though they were much cheaper).

I really think they should have released a Illyria. How could she not sell well, if done right? The hair, costume, attitude, perfect for a bad ass statue.

They never really delved that much into the Angel line did they!

I would have preferred Giles or Xander, but at this point, I'd take anyone to ensure that the line continues. Illyria would have definitely been a more visually stunning piece.

I only own 2 Hot Toys figures as well :) Superman Christopher Reeve and Avatar Jake Sully - both amazing figures :) What 2 do you own?

I still have my Buffy and Angel 12" figures from SS, though they're certainly not as impressive as what HT is putting out today (though they were much cheaper).

I've got Spider-Man and the 'Secret Project' Iron Man, but wanted Reeve for the longest time. I just never really got around to it.

I don't know if you've seen the Iron Monger, but THAT one is temping. :lol

I don't have any of the 12" Buffy line, but I was thinking of getting one in the future. Possibly Darla?

They're all bloody tempting. I'm just glad I'm not a huge Avengers fan otherwise I'd be one of those people with like 20 preorders on the go at once :)

They never really delved that much into the Angel line did they!

Hot Toys is top notch when it comes to action figures. I'm much more a fan of statues because I like the sizes. But I love the Hot Toys I do own, Alice, Jack Sparrow DX, Hawkeye. More on the way. They are pricey but I think it's to be expected.

I still miss the 12" figure line. I prefer posable stuff to static displays myself, and so miss having any new figs to add to the old range. :(

I'm thinking about trying to sell my custom collection, atleast the pieces I don't love, to be able to buy Hot Toys Loki. But what if I get bored with it the moment it arrives, or after I play with it for a while? Or if the likeness isn't as good in real life?

On the other hand, maybe it will sell out real quick and I will have to pay double in the future?

I'm thinking about trying to sell my custom collection, atleast the pieces I don't love, to be able to buy Hot Toys Loki. But what if I get bored with it the moment it arrives, or after I play with it for a while? Or if the likeness isn't as good in real life?

On the other hand, maybe it will sell out real quick and I will have to pay double in the future?

Best thing to do is order now while it's a fair price. Then if you have it in hand and don't love it, you sell it for a lot more. :exactly:

Yeah? It will fetch a nice price even though it's used?

Things is, as hellish shipping is to Sweden, shipping from Sweden isn't nice either, over 40USD.

Well, best thing you can do is take a chance, or don't take the chance in all honesty. If you think you want it bad enough, you make the sacrifice. If you have doubts, don't do it. But know that you could possibly regret it later. But also realize that the want for material items dies down over time.

Loki would prove a huge temptation for me and I am trying to downsize my collection so Thor and Odin have to go. I can't have one without wanting all three.

Loki would prove a huge temptation for me and I am trying to downsize my collection so Thor and Odin have to go. I can't have one without wanting all three.

I understand the pain of having to downsize your collection. It sucks.

I ordered Loki because he looks awesome!

Some days I want to downsize so much, and then I shake my head and realize I would probably cry too much.

I don't really love the Buffy maquette line anymore and do consider selling it just about every day. There is just one thing holding me back...my Fiancee, who does not want them gone.

Ironically the Buffy Maquette line is probably one of the last things I'd sell. Probably just before some of my horror PFs.

Ironically the Buffy Maquette line is probably one of the last things I'd sell. Probably just before some of my horror PFs.

Me too :) I don't have any other statues though, I only collect a reasonably small amount. Don't really have the room to have too much. But I wouldn't sell my Buffy line.

Me too :) I don't have any other statues though, I only collect a reasonably small amount. Don't really have the room to have too much. But I wouldn't sell my Buffy line.

I'm in the same boat. Not much room to display things, BUT it does keep the collection nice, tidy, and 'clean.'

The Buffy line (PFs or maquettes) are definitely the last pieces I'd ever sell.

I tried taking some pics of Angel outdoors today, but my photography skills have gotten so rusty, I just gave up. :lol Hopefully, I'll get some worthy pics this weekend. I've been waiting to take some good pics of this one for awhile.

Such a great looking piece from Sideshow.

I'm pretty sure yours are still better than mine. Trust me on that one. :monkey4

If anyone is looking for the ex on any of these pieces, let me know. I have a dear friend who is selling all of his.

I'm pretty sure yours are still better than mine. Trust me on that one. :monkey4

If anyone is looking for the ex on any of these pieces, let me know. I have a dear friend who is selling all of his.

:lol I definitely have my fair share of 'WTF' photos, so don't be so sure.

I'll keep your friend in mind. I don't know of anyone, but if I come across someone looking, I'll drop you a PM.

Back