Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoW, this is a nice suprise! EX ordered, while im a full supporter of this Buffy line, i have to say i am extremely disappointed that SS has once again given us an Angel EX game face WITHOUT showing the teeth. They did well with the Spike EX, they should have shown the fangs for Angel as well...

in all honesty, I think you guys are lucky you've gotten as many statues out of this line as you have. The series was great in the 90's.

Pfffft, this show will always be great. It does hurt to see the outfits they wear in season 1 though...

Besides, even if the show sucked (which it doesn't) how many statues we get depends on how well they sell. No more, no less.

I have also just noticed Sideshows sneaky increase in prices ($10 increments) for this line... at this rate if we get 4 more characters the prices will hit $300!! :panic:

Buffy..... $239.99
Willow.... $224.99 (Not sure why she was less than Buffy?)
Faith...... $249.99
Spike...... $259.99
Angel...... $269.99

:thud:

I think Willow was less because of the lack of throne. Doesn't make sense why Faith is higher though.

I actually think, because of Spike & Buffy's bases, they should cost the most and the others should be less.

Just called Sideshow. FYI, for those who weren't sure...

If you have more reward points than what the item is worth, the points will carry over. For some reason, I thought you had to use all points on one purchase and any extra points would be void. (Apparently, not the case.)

I had enough to cover Angel, so I got the big guy for free + shipping, essentially. (I've never used them before, they've been sitting for years.) I figured this *might* be the last in the line and what better way to use the points. I don't buy much from them anymore, so this may be my last purchase for a while.

(Sorry for the rant.)

Long story short, I liked the piece, so I ordered it. :rotfl

WoW, this is a nice suprise! EX ordered, while im a full supporter of this Buffy line, i have to say i am extremely disappointed that SS has once again given us an Angel EX game face WITHOUT showing the teeth. They did well with the Spike EX, they should have shown the fangs for Angel as well...

Yeah to that. That's why I'm going for a reg and getting him from my usual eu retailler and saving a little bit of the importtax/customtax.

Angel did wear a long leather coat in the later seasons of Ats from what I recall. Buffy ran to 2003, so I can't see why someone would say its good for the 90s when it ran even longer in the naughties.

I like this interpretation of Angel, that broody guy was the Angel I really loved and turning him a little comical in Ats was something I didn't really like much. This is a pre order for me, just hoping it comes out this well in the final product.

I'm going with the standard statue. This is by far the best Angel that SideShow has made.
I'll order it via the importer, which saves the problems with shipping and customs.

Exclusive pre-ordered! Loving the vamped out portrait, makes it much more interesting. I gess I'll display him as Angelus, just like my PF. Anyway, great human likeness, much much MUCH better than the PF.

Just saw the pictures, amazing! Price is kinda hard to swallow at $269.99...I may have to think if I need to get this or not since I already own the premium format statue. But This statue does look superior to the premium format version. Pose is okay...but I agree, the flow of the coat doesn't seem that good, other than that, everything about the sculpt is pretty amazing!

Likeness is actually quite a bit better than the sneak showed, but the pose/design is actually worse than I imagined it would be. It's just kinda dull, and the combo of raised leg and crossed arms just seem at odds with each other.

Vamp face is pretty good, but more attitude would have been nice. The hair, particularly on the regular head, is a rather poor sculpt too, which I know is a weird thing to complain about, but it really stuck out to me as looking 'off' and way too simplistic. And I don't see how they really justify the price on this one going up yet again.

Hmmm, I was going to get this as a companion piece to Spike, but I'm pretty split on it now. Probably wait to see what else goes up during spook. It's not bad at all, it's just a bit 'vanilla' looking, and I guess I was hoping for something a bit more dynamic, with a bit more attitude.

Likeness is actually quite a bit better than the sneak showed, but the pose/design is actually worse than I imagined it would be. It's just kinda dull, and the combo of raised leg and crossed arms just seem at odds with each other.

I know, it definitly looks like he's posing and in a awkward pose nontheless. Like he wanted to look cool and intimidating but couldn't decide how to pose. :lol

I wonder if him just standing there, arms uncrossed, no raised leg, wouldn't have looked more...well, more. It sounds dull when described, but if given the right attitude I think it would work better. Maybe he could have simply leaned against something, arms crossed, like in End of Days when wathing Buffy fight. https://www.screencap-paradise.com/caps/displayimage.php?pid=77525&fullsize=1 Except lean in a cooler way. Maybe with a smirk. I love the smirk.

Vamp face is pretty good, but more attitude would have been nice. The hair, particularly on the regular head, is a rather poor sculpt too, which I know is a weird thing to complain about, but it really stuck out to me as looking 'off' and way too simplistic. And I don't see how they really justify the price on this one going up yet again.

I agree, compared to the rest of the sculpt, the hair looks bad. I mean, it's not bad in itself, it's just not as good as the rest of the head.

Back