American Horror Story: Coven Season 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm... kind of like it.. kind of not.. not sure so far.. its def. not scary at all.. looks more like a teeny fantasy adventure series // :(

I thought it was fantastic. I think it rivals Murderhouse right now.

hmm... kind of like it.. kind of not.. not sure so far.. its def. not scary at all.. looks more like a teeny fantasy adventure series // :(

yeah, I've been a big fan of the show since the first season but while watching yesterday's episode, I just completely lost interest midway through the episode.

I enjoyed episode 2 even more than episode 1!

First of all, how great was that opening? I am a fan of Rabe (anyone seen her indie movie The Toe Tactic?) and I'm happy she's back already.

The scenes between Levoux and Fiona were amazing. Looking forward to more of that. Fiona was probably reckless, there, but she's used to being the most powerful person in the room and throwing it (and, others!) around. And I think LaLaurie and Fiona will be an interesting double act. Fiona (no saint herself) clearly loathes LaLaurie but she's a means to an end. It's interesting to take someone so terrible and turn them into a comic foil, but I suspect once LaLaurie reorients herself a bit she'll be up to no good in no time. She did not strike me as the type to obediently play housemaid for the rest of the season.

I'll admit I found the Zoe/Madison bits to be some of the least-interesting parts of the episode. I did love the moment where Zoe instantly cracks under police scrutiny. As satisfying as that scene was in the first episode, it WAS stupid. "I couldn't toast a piece of bread with the heat you were getting" indeed. LOL. Glad some spit in the water took care of that. The riff on Frankenstein could be interesting or it could be boring. We'll see.

The scenes with Nan and Queenie were great. I also liked how Nan released Queenie. Also, the bit with the fryer was pretty fun, although it felt like a bit of a Precious call-back. Just put the bucket in the trash, Precious! It's right there! Gah! Anyway, I like Queenie, now that she's no longer spouting clunky lines of exposition. Show, don't tell writers!

It was odd having Hank pop up. I don't know why, but I had no clue he existed. But it's nice that all the witches aren't alone. I am hoping the somewhat reserved and mousey Cordelia will give way to something else to let Paulson strut her stuff a little bit. I hope it's a building process, as her storyline can't help but feel a little limp compared to the rest.

I enjoyed last night's episode, but laughed at the Frankenstein boyfriend parts.

I'm hoping for a Stevie Nicks appearance sometime this season. :lol

I enjoyed last night's episode, but laughed at the Frankenstein boyfriend parts.

I'm hoping for a Stevie Nicks appearance sometime this season. :lol

I do think you were supposed to laugh at the boyfriend parts. The episode was called "boy parts" :)

And I agree about Stevie Nicks! That'd be awesome!

I like this show... and am glad they have toned it down from last season. Last season was just trying to be gross and shocking.

I am definitely loving this season. 2 really interesting and strong episodes. Really awesome beginning to this story.
This is WAY better than season 2. I can't wait to see what happens next.

really loved everyone too,

I thought it was excellent tonight...except for the
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not sure what to think of Coven so far. I'm not bored, but I'm not compelled either. I think they've made the storytelling so linear this season, as a reaction to the criticism of last season, that it's a bit too linear and not nearly as imaginative as the previous seasons.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol I like it all so far. kinky and messed up kind of scary. doesn't turn me on but scary as it should be. this no sleeping hallow or walking dead.

season 2 just kind of boring and I never seen it all and I never seen season 1.

queenie looks like she could tame that bull. and where's a black cat. can't have a witches story without a black cat. its almost Halloween dammit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I didn't care for the Queenie scene either. That whole scene totally bored me....but then it picked up after it was over and I ended up rather enjoying the episode.

It did leave me with a few questions though...so I am looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Jessica Lange is so bad ***.

Back