American Horror Story Season Two

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Some new cast news for the upcoming second season:

Another key piece of the upcoming second season of FX’s hit drama series American Horror Story has fallen into place. Zachary Quinto, who did a scene-stealing four-episode arc on the first season of the Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk drama as the Harmon house’s doomed former co-owner Chad Warwick, will be back as a series regular in Season 2, joining Jessica Lange. Like Lange, he will play a brand new character next season, which is set at an East Coast institution. What’s more, I have learned that Quinto will play one of two male leads and the nemesis to Lange’s character, which will be at the center of the Season 2 storyline. The part is sure to draw parallels to Quinto’s breakout role as uber-villain Syler on Heroes.

While Lange had been expected to return — she confirmed ongoing negotiations at the Golden Globes and the SAG Awards, where she won for her performance on the show, Quinto’s return had been kept under wraps until now. Quinto and Murphy are friends; that’s how Quinto’s original stint on the show came about. After the critical praise Quinto received for his arc, he was open to coming back. “I had an amazing time and I only did four episodes of the season, so it was just a little bit of an appetizer for me; I would love to work more,” he said in an online interview last month. An anthology series like AHS is perfectly suited for Quinto, who wants to keep a hand in television but, busy as an actor and producer on the feature side, can’t make the 5-6-year commitment required on a regular series.

Three more American Horror cast members from Season 1, regular Evan Peters and recurring Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe, will return for the anthology series’ second season as regulars. They will join Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto, all playing new characters in a new setting at a East Coast institution. AHS co-creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy made the announcement during the show’s PaleyFest panel, held at the packed Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills. “We don’t want to talk about it too much, we’re still writing, anybody could pop up at any time,” he said. He didn’t want to elaborate on the returning actors’ new characters, saying only that “everyone is playing the opposite of what they played before.” As for the second season as a whole, “The only real rule on this show is no werewolves and no vampires,” Murphy quipped.

Joining him on the large panel were AHS co-creator/executive producer Brad Falchuk, executive producer Dante Di Loreto and actors Alexandra Breckinridge, Frances Conroy, Paulson, Lange, Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton. The creative team and the actors spent the evening joking about the over-the-top violence, nudity (especially McDermott’s posterior) and kinky sex of the first season while remaining mum about plot details for Season 2. Falchuk did confirm that the team would maintain its commitment to make show an anthology, with a new story each season and “a new group of people to ____ with.”

Filming of second season of AHS begins in July.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.. interesting. Wasn't sure how they were gonna continue with this show and there's the answer.

It came out after the first season ended that each season would be self contained with a new story and characters

I love the idea of a show that has a single story for a season and then moving on to a new one. So I'm hoping this a great success and we get some more shows like this. Very risky, but I hope it pays off.

Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine is already a major reality TV star thanks to his gig on NBC’s The Voice, but now the musician is switching over to scripted television. EW can exclusively reveal that Levine is in final negotiations to appear in season 2 of FX’s hit thriller American Horror Story. In his television acting debut, Levine will be playing a contemporary character and half of a couple called “The Lovers.” AHS producers are so fond of Levine that they are shooting around his summer touring schedule.

While the second season of AHS, set to premiere on FX in October, has been cloaked in secrecy, we do know that original cast members Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Lily Rabe will be returning as entirely different characters. Co-creator Ryan Murphy has also said that season 2 will be set in on the East Coast and in a “horror institution.”

Do they have a release date for the first season on dvd? I like the direction this show is taking now, and I'm all the more interested in watching season 1 now.

Do they have a release date for the first season on dvd? I like the direction this show is taking now, and I'm all the more interested in watching season 1 now.

Haven't seen a date yet but the season one episodes are available on Amazon Instant Video.

So it looks like AHS season 2 will be set in the '60s in an insane asylum. Also Chloe Sevigny has signed on to the show.

"Chloe Sevigny, for example, plays a character who was put in an asylum because she was a woman who likes sex," Murphy told Vulture in the in-depth interview. "At the time, you were able to put people away for that. Another character is institutionalized for being a lesbian. To me, there’s nothing more scary than somebody coming to you and saying they’re going to take you away and put you in a mad house and you have no legal rights and there you shall stay till the end of your days. That is a real horror."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/22/american-horror-story-season-2_n_1536930.html?ref=topbar

Wow, this show is really trying something new. It will be cool to see if they somehow link it to the first season.

Alot has been mentioned already, but just wanted to post this anyways. Filming is suppose to start!!
Filming will start next week on Season 2 of ‘American Horror Story’ and although it looks like the show already has a full star-studded cast, the producers have not yet finished completing the roster.

We already know that the series will take place in the 1960’s at an institute for the criminally insane that Jessica Lange’s character (who just happens to be a nun) runs. We also know that Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe_will return in completely 180 degree roles than what they played in Season 1. For example, Evan Peters will be playing the good guy this time around. In addition, this season will deal with the subject of sanity and it also seems sexuality as so far the guest starring list involves Chloe Sevigny as Shelly the_nymphomaniac, Lizzie Brochere as Gia the_“ferocious wild-child sexpot”, Adam Levine as one half of a couple called “The Lovers,” Joseph Fiennes_as the object of Lange’s character’s affection and Chris Zylka as a deaf-mute who is the “most beautiful boy in the world.” In addition, James Cromwell will play Dr. Arden,_someone who works under Lange’s character and will cause her a lot of conflict.

Now it seems the producers are going to go all out as they have put out casting calls for more roles. According to TVLine, it looks like they are also looking for someone to play Wendy (a lesbian hippie in her 30’s), Abigail (a prostitute), Frank Mcguire (an authoritative Bostonian who is also chief of security at a hospital), Mother Superior Claudia (the boss of Lange’s character), Father Malechi (an Irish priest), Morley Potter (“a salt of the earth” farmer), Barb and Lois (two lesbians that may or may not be a couple), and Carl (a former military man who’s now an orderly at the institution).

So let the speculation begin as to what showrunner Ryan Murphy has in store for the viewers. With the religious aspect involved, maybe some of the story will deal with exorcisms?

No exact date to when Season 2 of ‘American Horror Story’ will debut but you can bet it will be sometime close to Halloween!

I can't wait, I'm so looking forward to it!! I wish someone would pick up the license for figures, too! I want a Tate 1:6! :lol

https://sciencefiction.com/2012/07/12/american-horror-story-seek-more-cast-members/

Last edited:
I can't wait, I'm so looking forward to it!! I wish someone would pick up the license for figures, too! I want a Tate 1:6! :lol

well you could always make a Custom with this one:

Zombie-Boy-Tonner-Doll-Close-Up.png

Back