Tomb Raider (3/16/18)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kylie had a peach ass in her prime. Now I got to go look her up.

tenor.gif

:lol

Friends are taking me out to see this.

980x.gif

:rotfl :rotfl perfect gif

Was it anything like National Treasure movies? I freakin' love those!

I think it was, you know those scenes with Nic Cage solving the little puzzles with the bad guy and his henchmen all dumb looking at him.

As for best video game movie, still Mortal Kombat.

Silent Hill (2006) for me. It's such an anomaly from the "videogame movies are supposed to be bad" trope that they made the sequel so bad just to even out the universe.

Last edited:
Damn straight. *techno music intensifies*

It’s also funny how the *worst* video game movie is it’s sequel, MK: annihilation. And I don’t think anyone is ever going to take that crown...

:lol :lol so true.

You know those characters you loved and saved the day in MK? Well MK: Annihilation starts off by killing them instantly!

Silent Hill (2006) for me. It's such an anomaly from the "videogame movies are supposed to be bad" that they made the sequel so bad just to even out the universe.

Yeah I liked silent hill for what it was. Some disturbing stuff with that barbed wire and the skin rip :lol

I just didn’t like the exposition dump around 3/4 of the movie. But the environment is unlike anything else in movies.

:lol :lol so true.

You know those characters you loved and saved the day in MK? Well MK: Annihilation starts off by killing them instantly!

:lol

Also they’re all played by C-rate kinda sorta look alikes! Except the ones that already were C-rate.

The best part is Cage being some other guy and dying before you can even wrap your head around the fact it was supposed to be him.

‘Wait.. is that Johnny.. is he dead...?’ :lol

I think it was, you know those scenes with Nic Cage solving the little puzzles with the bad guy and his henchmen all dumb looking at him.

Speaking of which, one of the main puzzles she solves is the multiple stone dials that serve as a combination lock on the doorway into Himiko's (?) tomb . This doorway was just uncovered by the Trinity bad guys blasting with explosives. When she figures out the combination in an elaborate scene, the entire door/wall just falls apart and exposes a hidden cavern below/behind it. I laughed out loud - her puzzle solving could have been replaced by one more explosive charge! Screenwriting at its best.

For the most part the movie was still enjoyable, but it could have been so much better...

But that was more built to get her to cooperate; but yes -- it could have been located with one more bomb lol.

The other one that had me chuckling was how quickly Walton Goggins' character found the huge rock archway (the one that screamed, LOOK HERE!) after getting the journal from Lara's bag. Especially the look of wonderment on his face upon discovering it. I'm sure poor editing was a contributor, but he was on the island for SEVEN YEARS looking for the tomb. How did he not come across that rock formation in all that time, then find it after a 5 minute stroll? What was he doing for seven years, playing solitaire?

Back