ABC's "Happy Town"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just got done watching and it wasn't bad so i'll be watching next week.

Me too. I'm gonna give it a go.

Anyone see the ad for the show coming in June? Looks like a vampire one. Can't remember the name and I can't look it up at work.

I had no real interest in watching it, but I started to last night and by the first commercial break, left it recording on the DVR. The only reason? Amy Acker!:love

Seemed a little quirky. Did it get any quirkier or funnier? Not sure I want to add another downer show to my roster.

I think it's going to be one of those widows.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I SOOOO expected Sam Neil to die in the first episode, just to throw us all off.

What was up with the Sheriff?????? He seems to be going gonzo, I'm a sucker for this type of show, so I'll keep watching

All I can say is: "If you touch the baby Jesus, I'm gonna make you wear the cow suit!" :lecture

I actually really enjoyed this. It reminded me soooo much of Twin Peaks. Let me count teh ways...

1) Remember "Bob" in TP? Totally like the "magic man".

2) Since Pop is going nuts and he chopped his hand off, we will now have the good looking but inexperienced sheriff, along side the dumb deputy.

3) The quiet friendly town with the dark underbelly.

4) Forbidden romance.

5) Melodramatic acting. I know a few have criticized this, but is was one of the things I loved about Twin Peaks, and I totally got the same kind of feeling from Happy Town.

..I know there were other things that reminded me of Twin Peaks, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Looking forward to the next episode. :)

I was surprised by that too, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

(Hi Saya!:wave)

I haven't watched it yet (DVR). Those of you comparing it to Twin Peaks have you forgotten Twin Peaks? If you think Lost had no direction Twin Peaks was the biggest WTF. The description of it being a little slow doesn't scare me away as long as it builds a good story with the writers having a clear direction instead of making it up as they go along.

LOST and Twin Peaks are probably in my top 5 favorite shows (with LOST being #1)

A little "WTF" never hurt anyone! :)

I liked tonight's episode, but not quite as much as the premiere. It's definitely still following the footsteps of Twin Peaks.

I loved the elevator scene! And I really want that goat claw hammer! :rock

Yeah just got done watching and it's shaping up nicely! i agree Maglor the elevator scene was pretty cool.

So they revealed who Chloe was and who killed the guy in the hut already....thought those were going to remain a mystery for quite some time

It is cheesy, but there are some marginally interesting moments. I was ready to give up after the first episode, but the second held my attention just enough that I'll come back for at least one more week.

I heard it was cheesy and not worth my time. Untrue?

Did you think Twin Peaks was cheesy?

The acting in this show (like Twin Peaks) is melodramatic. But I really think that's intentional. Everything about it is a bit over the top, but that's what I like about it. :dunno

Back