The Social Network Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be at a screening for this on Tuesday, so I'll let you guys know how it is. Hey, it's a free movie for me so I'll see it! :yess::rotfl
Plus we get a Q&A with Aaron Sorkin (screenwriter), Jessie Eisenberg, and Armie Hammer.

It just seems a shame that the Facebook story is getting this treatment while the PC revolution and Apple vs. Microsoft in the 80's only garnered a made for cable movie. :cuckoo:

btw - Pirates of Silicon Valley is an awesome made for cable movie.

It just seems a shame that the Facebook story is getting this treatment while the PC revolution and Apple vs. Microsoft in the 80's only garnered a made for cable movie. :cuckoo:

btw - Pirates of Silicon Valley is an awesome made for cable movie.

Well, I doubt they could find funding for distributing a movie about the PC revolution, whereas it's pretty much a shoe-in that most young kids (which is where the money's at) will be going to see this one... and I include myself in that "young kids" age group - although I'm nearly 33, I still FEEL 18 ;) I think it will be a great psychological character study, with Fincher at the helm!

Well, I doubt they could find funding for distributing a movie about the PC revolution, whereas it's pretty much a shoe-in that most young kids (which is where the money's at) will be going to see this one... and I include myself in that "young kids" age group - although I'm nearly 33, I still FEEL 18 ;) I think it will be a great psychological character study, with Fincher at the helm!

You know are seeing this because of Timberlake.:lol:lol:lol

This was a great film, very well crafted and contains not a single boring minute in it. This is more a compliment to David Fincher and the actors than the subject matter though. Frankly, I don't find the Facebook story very interesting. Smart guy gets rich and loses friends. But the actors here are so good and the story so well told that I bought the (exaggerated) drama without thinking about how little I care about Facebook. I mean, I haven't updated my own page in 3 years.

Doesn't mean I'm going to begin again. If this movie has done anything for me, it's to persuade me toward a few things:

1. In the battle of the neurotic, twenty-something screen hipsters, Jesse Eisenberg > Michael Cera (although Michael Cera looks more like the real life Mark Zuckerberg).

2. I now believe that Andrew Garfield will be an awesome Peter Parker.

3. Rooney Mara is a good choice to play Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood adaptation of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

I didn't see it because it's not my thing. I could careless about who invented Facebook and any drama that came with it.

Going to see this later today and I can't wait! been looking forward to this flik since I first saw the trailer. I'm ok with JT being in the flik as I think alot of people just hold the whole Boy band thing over his head, get past that and he's not the worst singer turned actor out there.

This was a great film, very well crafted and contains not a single boring minute in it. This is more a compliment to David Fincher and the actors than the subject matter though...

Also testament to Aaron Sorkin, one of the best screen writers of our time, and Trent Reznor for an unbelievable score.

I didn't see it because it's not my thing. I could careless about who invented Facebook and any drama that came with it.

I wasn't too interested in Facebook either prior to seeing the film, but any way one wants to cut it, the popularity of Facebook is a phenomenon that I am fascinated by. Consider the websites you visit on a daily basis. How many of them have Facebook functionality? How many of the brands you buy also have Facebook pages? Ebay, Hot Toys, Sideshow, CNN, McDonald's, Starbucks, etc etc. It's everywhere.

All that aside, the movie is a good piece of dramatic fiction. I think it's fairly obvious that parts of the film could be exaggerated dramatizations of the events leading up to, and soon after, the creation of Facebook. I also appreciate that the film paints a rather negative depiction of these people.

All that aside, the movie is a good piece of dramatic fiction. I think it's fairly obvious that parts of the film could be exaggerated dramatizations of the events leading up to, and soon after, the creation of Facebook. I also appreciate that the film paints a rather negative depiction of these people.

Oh yes, in the Boston Globe yesterday there was an article about Harvard grads from '03-'04 whining that the movie may have misrepresented them. Here we go with lawsuits.:pow

its a film not a documentary.
its intended for entertainment, not information.

whats with the non-trolls trolling in here?

Looking forward to seeing it. Any Fincher film is always on my must-watch list..... :monkey1

I wasn't too interested in Facebook either prior to seeing the film, but any way one wants to cut it, the popularity of Facebook is a phenomenon that I am fascinated by. Consider the websites you visit on a daily basis. How many of them have Facebook functionality? How many of the brands you buy also have Facebook pages? Ebay, Hot Toys, Sideshow, CNN, McDonald's, Starbucks, etc etc. It's everywhere.

Negative how? corporate America is a shark tank and betrayal, greed, and out for "number 1" is the norm. All the character portrayed are human with human faults. Read any business journal and you'll read cases 100 times more brutal than a bunch of kids that created Facebook.

I guess now you can't go into a movie thread and give your opinion of it if it's negative.

Makes no sense to me, but....okay. Sorry I said anything.

Ditto. :wave

I guess now you can't go into a movie thread and give your opinion of it if it's negative.

Makes no sense to me, but....okay. Sorry I said anything.

Don't be sorry, Ween. If someone doesn't like your opinion that's their problem, not yours.

Back