The Cape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive my ignorance, what does a still photographer do? Do you think if you didn't work on the show you may watch it?

It's really too bad that its not more popular because I think it is a really cool show. Not great, but it is fun, and sometimes that is what I want. I'm tired of all the heavy crime based dramas and I'm not a huge fan of sitcoms. Light dramas like this are right up my alley. I think its why I find myself watching SyFy shows more than networks.

Forgive my ignorance, what does a still photographer do? Do you think if you didn't work on the show you may watch it?

It's really too bad that its not more popular because I think it is a really cool show. Not great, but it is fun, and sometimes that is what I want. I'm tired of all the heavy crime based dramas and I'm not a huge fan of sitcoms. Light dramas like this are right up my alley. I think its why I find myself watching SyFy shows more than networks.

That's close to how I feel.

I'll watch mediocre SciFi/Fantasy over CSI any day.

Like I said, I'll watch this to the end.

This show sucks harder then Devil thinks it does. Bad effects, worse acting....

Music is kinda cool though,.

I wondered what happened. I'll have to watch that final episode. It's no surprise it didn't make it, but I'm a bit disappointed.

I wont spoil anything, but I thought they wrapped up the series quite well. Some resolution, some ambiguity. :)

why in the world wouldn't they at least throw people watching a bone and air the last episode? that really doesn't make any sense. is this the only episode that wasnt aired?

Sounds like a good combination. I'm glad that they got an actual ending instead of one of those things where it just disappears.

Sounds like a good combination. I'm glad that they got an actual ending instead of one of those things where it just disappears.

Indeed. Glad they finished it up. :)

why in the world wouldn't they at least throw people watching a bone and air the last episode? that really doesn't make any sense. is this the only episode that wasnt aired?

Yep, all the other episodes aired. I have no idea why they wouldn't just air the final episode. Would have been nice to see it in HD.

I wondered what happened.

Low ratings.

I thought they wrapped up the series quite well. Some resolution, some ambiguity.

Interesting, considering the "final" episode wasn't the actual finale.

It was simply episode #10 of a 13 part season that was cut short and canceled. So there was 3 more episodes that were supposed to be filmed and #13 would've been the proper season finale.

Guess that would explain the ambiguity then. :lol

Since the episode was titled "Endgame" I assumed it was supposed to end that way.

So the last 3 episodes weren't even filmed? Would have loved to see all 13 on DVD some day. :(

IMO she is really not that great an actress. I like her in Firefly, but absolutely nothing else she has ever been in. She was LOL bad in The Cape.

I stopped watching after the first couple of episodes, I knew it wasn't sticking around. I feel bad for Summer Glau though, she just can't catch a break.

Now that she's not tied to NBC, it would be fun to see her pop up on Castle.

I'm thinking the ending was rewritten to fit into 10 episodes.

From everything I've seen it wasn't. Production was stopped after they filmed episode #10 (thinking they were going to shoot 3 more) and then the show was canceled. That's why NBC didn't even bother to air the final episode on TV; it's not a true finale so it doesn't wrap up the series/loose ends. It's just another episode.

Having seen Endgame, I hesitate to assume you're right. Would be nice to see something official on it.

On the other hand, maybe I don't want to know, because I like the way it ended.

My only complaint...

...I'll hold off on that until more have seen the ending, as it's a spoilery discussion.

Back