The Social Network Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brushed this movie off because it didn't look one bit interesting.
David Fincher could film paint drying and grass growing and make it interesting.

I saw this yesterday and it was great, didn't matter that it was about the creation of Facebook, a good movie is a good movie. Jesse Eiesenberg was fantastic as was the rest of the cast. The dialogue characters and story were all top not h as well, definitely worth a viewing even if you don't like the subject matter.

David Fincher is possibly my all time favorite director, from Fight Club and Se7en, to The Game and Curious Case of Benjamin Button, all of them excellent films. Add this to that mix along with the upcoming Dragon Tattoo movie and it'd be hard to argue that he is one of the best in the biz.

Let me start by saying: I don't have facebook, never used it, don't care, and I see the sad corruptive hold it has on many people. So no, not a fan.

BUT...I saw this movie and couldn't wait to see it. It's sheer brilliance. LOVED this movie. The soundtrack was awesome. Then again I'm a diehard Reznor fan anyway. Just the idea of something starting as a small idea, grows into what it becomes and takes an antisocial computer geek from nothing, to a billionaire, is just a fascinating story to me.
Go see this movie.
I expect it to be up for something at award season.

The director could've used any subject to get his point across.

It's only about facebook on the surface level. That's just the outer layer of a deeper insight into our generation.

Be more expansive in your thoughts, not everything is about what's obviously lain if front of you.

But this isn't going to get through to you I suppose...

Could have, would have, should have....right? Fact is, the director didn't use another subject to get his point across.

hey man, look it's okay to like a movie even though it's about a topic that generally appeals to women (ie. Facebook).

You seem adamant to pass off the fact that this movie IS about Facebook just to sell this movie to others that it is edgy and cool to go see.

Are you that much of a complete tool that you can't see 1 foot in front of your own face?

This movie is about the founders of FACEBOOK (even so far as to use their real names), how FACEBOOK has evolved as a social media tool, how FACEBOOK has changed these Harvard kids' lives forever, how FACEBOOK has ruined their friendship, how FACEBOOK has the power to get nerds laid, how FACEBOOK has made some people rich beyond belief.

Or do you think that this movie is about Nsync because Justin Timberlake is in it? :lol

Back