The Cape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess after watching so many years of Batman movies and cartoons where he just vanishes into thin air, I don't even think about that.

Yeah Batman does that all the time. Batman also shots a gun with a cord on the end of it while jumping off a building and we are to believe that it always wraps around something and supports his weight and lets loose for him to go ahead and do it again.

When it comes to a comic book show/movie you just have to accept thier powers and abilities and go from there. They basically set up a set of abilities and that defines the limitations. For example, if the cape suddenly starts flying or shooting lasers from his eyes we can complain. If the show were about Superman that would be ok. Likewise, if on Smallville Clark suddenly shapeshifts...that would be lame.

In the Burton Batman movies, you can see where he is going when he "disappears" in a cloud of smoke. In "The Cape" he just vanishes.

In the Burton Batman movies, you can see where he is going when he "disappears" in a cloud of smoke. In "The Cape" he just vanishes.

Yeah, but they arent in the real world. It doesnt HAVE to follow real world rules.

I get what they're saying because in the show it is supposed to be an illusion and not something impossible. But in the end it comes down to a a show about a guy who wears a cape that grabs stuff. Let's not hold too high of a standard to it.

What about the "I'm Batman" scene where steps off a roof and completely disappears in the span of a couple of seconds?

That's due to his ninja skills.
picture.php

Doesn't matter if him disappearing in smoke is plausible or not, hell they could show him running off right afterwards to explain HOW he actually "disappears".. this show still sucks steaming Japanese snow monkey ball sack.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xMqo3wSi3RU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xMqo3wSi3RU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol

I'll be watching tonight. :)

I'm struggling with this show. At first it felt a bit like The Phantom with Billy Zane, which I like as a comic book movie.

Then it just got a bit ....meh for me I'm afraid.

Not a fan, I'll try one more this week if it's on.

D
:(:(:(

I enjoyed last night's episode. I hesitate to say the show is good, but I think it is enjoyable. And completely destined for cancellation.

the problem is this show doesn't know what it wants to be. outright superhero not grounded in reality or reality based heroics. for me it's a bit painful to watch, just like that formerly great show "Chuck"

the problem is this show doesn't know what it wants to be. outright superhero not grounded in reality or reality based heroics. for me it's a bit painful to watch, just like that formerly great show "Chuck"

how is chuck still on the air? :dunno I tried watching it last season & it was junk. first 2 seasons, yeah it was good

but then they made the fatal mistake of going moonlighting and letting them be together

I'm guessing that by the lack of posts in this thread that even the target audience isn't too thrilled with this show. It may be doomed even sooner than expected. :lol

I watched the first two episodes a couple nights ago. At first I was into it, but soon I started picking it apart for all the flaws. Then the acting, oh boy...

I'm guessing that by the lack of posts in this thread that even the target audience isn't too thrilled with this show. It may be doomed even sooner than expected. :lol

Very perceptive of you! :lol

I'll keep watching, but it is starting to loose me a little...

I work on this show as the Still Photographer. It's weird, It's a great time shooting it, all the actors are great fun, really nice, but I have to admit that I this show should be up my alley but I can't bring myself to watch it. I couldn't watch a second of "Heroes" either and I worked on that too.

To each his own I guess. Everybody doesn't have to like it.

Back