The Social Network Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
455_ccff08e43e9e5480e1763dfa92a7877a.jpg

For some reason I really just don't like this movie, even though I like everyone involved.

Maybe it's because I have a bad view of facebook in general

Every review that I have read has said this is one of the best movies that has come out. :dunno

Negative how? corporate America is a shark tank and betrayal, greed, and out for "number 1" is the norm. All the character portrayed are human with human faults. Read any business journal and you'll read cases 100 times more brutal than a bunch of kids that created Facebook.

The real Zuckerberg commented on the script (that he read when it leaked months ago) stating that it dramatizes his character to the point of neurotic anti-social behavior. He's not like that in real life. They even invented a character (played by Rooney Mara) in support of this. The girlfriend who dumped him during the tirade at the beginning of the flick isn't a real person. She's not even an amalgam of different women in his life, says Zuckerberg.

I said the film portrays them negatively, which is to say not under as bright a light as those that light Zuckerberg's publicity photos in which he's always seen smiling. I do appreciate that those involved didn't make a two hour fluff piece displaying Zuckerberg and crew as omnipotent uber-beings that don't make big mistakes. They do.

For some reason I really just don't like this movie, even though I like everyone involved.

Maybe it's because I have a bad view of facebook in general

That's vague. Did you see the film? What didn't you like about it (aside from it being about facebook).

Last edited:
I love how so many people say they won't see this because it's about Facebook. :lol

It's a Fincher movie and it looks fantastic, I've been intrigued by it since the first trailer and the fact that he's involved in it makes me want to see it even more.

Get over your hate of something that you've never even tried (might enjoy) and go see a good film, regardless of what it's about.

I love how so many people say they won't see this because it's about Facebook. :lol

It's a Fincher movie and it looks fantastic, I've been intrigued by it since the first trailer and the fact that he's involved in it makes me want to see it even more.

Get over your hate of something that you've never even tried (might enjoy) and go see a good film, regardless of what it's about.

Fincher was interviewed by G4 last week. He got irritated when asked why he choose to make a movie about facebook. He stopped the guy right away and said "This movie isn't about facebook. I don't even know much about facebook." :lol

So yeah I'm not sure why people are dismissing it. :dunno

Not only do I want to see this because it's a Fincher movie, but because Trent Reznor was involved in the music score soundtrack, and sounds awesome!

I myself don't even care about or use facebook, but the story itself is a fascinating one. It's not about facebook. It's about the people involved, the friends made and lost, the money, money, money! Always fascinated by these young nerds who create something for the internet out of a small idea and make billions.

I thought this sounded like a horrible idea until I saw the trailer and it looks like its actually going to be interesting. I doubt ill see it in theatres but I would really like to see it at some point.

I also really doubt I'd want to see a movie that is 100% true to the story. I loved public enemies but they leave out the fact that Dillinger had gonorrhea and that he died way before most of the other famous gangsters in that movie. Only zuckerberger is still alive so of course he is going to have something to say about it. He's got his money, and now he's more of a celebrity for better or for worse. pretend is more fun.

I saw this last weekend (like many others because it's a david fincher film), and while I can't stand facebook, it was a very entertaining and well done drama.

Like mentioned, this film isn't really about facebook at all, so liking/disliking facebook has nothing to do with liking/disliking the film.

Script was impeccable. Definitely a strong contender for the oscars, and I wouldn't be surprised if it won best picture.

Posh kids invent faceache and then get ripped off the end:)

Don't bother watching it, unfortunately my girlfreind wants to watch it so guess I will be watching too:(

How is this movie not about Facebook when the name Facebook is plastered all over this movie? And the movie even goes so far as to show how it evolved as different features were added to "FACEBOOK". Let's not kid ourselves here people.

Because, it could've been anything else but facebook. It was more about the monster that is the real social network, friendship, and betrayal. It wasn't important that it was facebook, it was only a product of this destructive strive to make it in this social world.

It's sad to see so many people brushing this film off just because of "facebook", it's much smarter than that. I admit, I rolled my eyes too when I first saw the trailer, but I've came around to it.

And this site is all kinds of ****ed up. "Could've" is a correct usage.

Last edited:
Because, it could've been anything else but facebook. It was more about the monster that is the real social network, friendship, and betrayal. It wasn't important that it was facebook, it was only a product of this destructive strive to make it in this social world.

It's sad to see so many people brushing this film off just because of "facebook", it's much smarter than that. I admit, I rolled my eyes too when I first saw the trailer, but I've came around to it.

And this site is all kinds of ****ed up. "Could've" is a correct usage.

You make NO sense. What do you mean it could have been anything else but facebook? That's retarded since this movie is about nothing else but facebook.

My wife dragged me to see this with her, and I thought it was a decent flick. I honestly would not have seen it in the theater if it were not for her, but now that I have, i admit that I have seen many worse movies out there.

With that said, Im smart enough to know and see that this movie is about facebook. It is about the founders of facebook and how they got rich and what happened along the way. Why is that so hard to accept?

The director could've used any subject to get his point across.

It's only about facebook on the surface level. That's just the outer layer of a deeper insight into our generation.

Be more expansive in your thoughts, not everything is about what's obviously lain if front of you.

But this isn't going to get through to you I suppose...

I get what your both saying but your both right.

The facebook thing is a epidemic worldwide and very annoying and intrusive and dos'nt need anymore publicity.
It is part of the culture now and has spawned other social networking sites, that you are made to feel less of a person if you do not have hundreds of freinds and are not living a wild and crazy lifestyle.
Pretty pathetic when people update their status minute by minute.

Also I don't like the sat nav feature where people can pin point your location.
Who needs big brother when we keep tabs on each other every minute of the day and who is controlling the information stored on these databases?
Anyway going off topic but the film (hav'nt seen it yet) but it probabley deals with aspects like greed, mistrust and betrayal and many a freindship/relationship has suffered where money is involved and is the main story and facebook is just the hook to get people into watch.
This film will be a big draw whether you love or hate facebook, everyone has heard of it and it is here to stay in one form or another.

Back