ABC's "Happy Town"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't read that they were cancelling the show, only delaying the airing of the rest of the season until June. Considering how many primetime shows are ending in the next couple of weeks, that might be the smartest move they could make.

Step one - put the show on at 9PM instead of 10PM for the East coast, so we can actually watch the episodes when they air.

Step two - don't put the show up against a ratings powerhouse like American Idol or SYTYCD; put it up against a summer rerun to ensure the largest possible viewing audience.

The show has potential, and it'd be a true shame to end it all before giving us the complete story. There seems to be a satanic cult-type angle developing, so my curiousity is definitely piqued.

Oh, it's been cancelled. They will air the 5 remaining (already produced) episodes starting June 2nd and that's it.

Well, that sucks. Unless they re-write those 5 episodes to bring the story to a close, what's the point? We're going to be left with a cliffhanger with no actual resolution. :gah:

Well, that sucks. Unless they re-write those 5 episodes to bring the story to a close, what's the point? We're going to be left with a cliffhanger with no actual resolution. :gah:

sort of like this show, which I thought was pretty good.

invasion-show.jpg

Man what is up with these murder mystery shows not doing well? They are some of my favorite shows! I loved Harper's Island last year and was hoping this was going to be this year's Harpers. :(

sort of like this show, which I thought was pretty good.

invasion-show.jpg

Invasion had an interesting premise, but just took too damn long to get going. I think I stuck with it for the first 4-5 episodes before deciding the story just wasn't going anywhere fast enough. How many times do we have to see someone staring longingly at running tap water?

Harper's Island was intriguing, and I stuck for the entire ride. The resolution was somewhat lacking, but it was a nice way to kill some time during the summer rerun season. I had hoped Happy Town would do the same.

Well, it appears as though ABC has decided NOT to air the final two episodes of Happy Town that had been completed prior to the show being cancelled. Luckily, those two remaining episodes, numbers 7 and 8, are available online with very little searching required.

The bad news is that they don't offer any kind of resolution to the story; although some minor mysteries get resolved, the ultimate mystery behind the Magic Man isn't one of them. What's particularly galling is that the final scene of episode 8 really cranks up the story and totally piqued my curiousity.

I knew that would happen it's why i stopped watching as soon as they said it was being canned. :(

The problem with TV shows nowadays is they get canned to quickly. I think people have stopped watching brand new shows in fear of this happening. Happy Town got axed after only its first episode got aired. Do they think viewers are really going to keep watching brand new shows if they are only to get pulled after an episode or two? Its a vicious cylce. People aren't watching because they want to know if the show will last and shows are getting pulled because the studios think nobody is watching. :slap

Back