2013 Canceled Shows (So Far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only shows I watched on that list are Alphas, SW CW, Futurama, and Merlin.
Alphas was much better in the first season (still not all that good to begin with) so I can understand why it got canceled. I think the nail in the coffin was David Strathairn wanted to walk away, and without him they just said it's over.
Futurama had some real clunkers last season and has been much better before. Also I think the voice actors were too costly which helped bring it's demise.

I don't really feel Merlin was canceled, it just completed it's story (in 2012 I might add) but of all of them I'll miss it the most.

I've seen a couple of epi. of Burn Notice and liked it, but just couldn't find the time to see more.

The only show that might get S*** canned that I love is Hannibal. I hope NBC finds it's b alls and renews it for a second season.

Out of that list, I only watched Merlin and occasionally Gossip Girl.

It's a shame that Merlin has ended. I miss watching it tho tbh I'll admit that the last season was pretty weak.

The only show that might get S*** canned that I love is Hannibal. I hope NBC finds it's b alls and renews it for a second season.

Has nothing to do with that. The show is bombing. HARD. They're barely getting 2.5 million viewers per episode now which is terrible for a network show.

I thought it was "THE MOST TALKED ABOUT SHOW ON TV". :lol

I don't watch new TV shows until they get renewed for a second season.

I watched Go On. I thought it was good, as did quite a lot of other people. It was a great mix of heart-warming drama and comedy. Just a shame it was on NBC as it wasn't poorly handled.

Has nothing to do with that. The show is bombing. HARD. They're barely getting 2.5 million viewers per episode now which is terrible for a network show.

Good to know. I think I'll wait before I bother working my way through the dvr backlog. No sense if it's gonna get canned.

:confused:
B-alls to renew it another season because it's getting low ratings.
I don't understand why it's doing so bad, it's a fantastic show that deserves a second season at least.

The low ratings I feel might be because it is controversial. People who watch network TV may not want to watch or support a show about serial killers even though it's not one that's promoting one as a hero Like Dexter. I remember the controversy when CBS was thinking of showing Dexter reruns.
It's really like a well done CSI which shows a bit more gore and only about hunting serial killers. And the CSI shows have done incredibly well, yet Hannibal has not. :dunno

:confused:
I don't understand why it's doing so bad, it's a fantastic show that deserves a second season at least.

The low ratings I feel might be because it is controversial. People who watch network TV may not want to watch or support a show about serial killers even though it's not one that's promoting one as a hero Like Dexter. I remember the controversy when CBS was thinking of showing Dexter reruns.
It's really like a well done CSI which shows a bit more gore and only about hunting serial killers. And the CSI shows have done incredibly well, yet Hannibal has not. :dunno

You can also get your serial killers fix on "Criminal Minds." That's a great show. :)

I only heard of two of those shows.
I don't really watch network television.

Only shows I watch and have an aching to continue to watch the next episode is Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't Vegas one of the top shows when it first debuted? Is that why they moved it to Fridays to let it die?

Good to know. I think I'll wait before I bother working my way through the dvr backlog. No sense if it's gonna get canned.
Regardless if it gets canceled I'd still recommend watching the episodes available. It really is a good show.

Again.. it has nothing to do with that. It's about money. When a show gets terrible ratings then less people want to advertise during that time which means less money which means the network isn't turning a profit. Any network could decide to continue airing a series that's failing when it comes to ratings. If they were in the business of losing money. :lol

Agreed.

Your guess is as good as any. Who knows!? The only thing that's certain is, the show has continually lost viewers since its debut.

First two episodes had 4.3 million viewers. Third episode dropped down to 3.5 and by the 4th and 5th they were down in the 2's. So obviously the people who initially watched didn't like what they saw enough to stick around. And in general that 4.3 million for a network debut is low. Almost all the other shows NBC has canceled recently got higher ratings than Hannibal. And for the ones that were on their second seasons, they got higher ratings than Hannibal during their freshman seasons which pushed them through to a follow up season.

So it's not looking good. We'll see..

I really liked Happy Endings. That one will hurt. I agree with the rest.

The only other show on that list I watched was Whitney. That show was really original and edgy the first season and the second season they changed EVERYTHING and the whole show was just Whitney and her boyfriend fighting. Sad really as it could have been great.

Wait.. Grimm is moving back to Friday!? They just moved it to Tuesday. :lol

Talk about wanting shows to fail. Didn't realize making your audience search for it was part of the show.

I know DVR's kind of eliminate having to search, but I've had shows programmed and when networks move them at times I lose them.

Back