2013 Canceled Shows (So Far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Futurama is the only show on that list I care about. Why people would rather watch garbage like Family Guy or it's spin offs is beyond me. :dunno

Honestly theres no differance in Family Guy, Futurama or South Park and the Simpsons, all 4 shows do the exact same subject matter, same current event plots, have resorted to the same kinds of humor. They all have the Walmart is taking over our small town episode or whatevr. I always laugh when I hear some elitist nonsense like my toilet humor cartoon is better than yours. I watch all 4, the only differance is the character's names.

It seems like just about every show is touted as the #1 drama on tv. How can everybody be #1? :dunno

Because they can be deceiving with that claim. Perhaps the show was #1 in it's time slot among 75-80 year olds....therefore they will tout it as being #1.

Yeah, don't watch any of those. Parks and Rec is going strong, The Office is dead, thankfully so. Walking Dead will never go away, Dexter has one season left...like the Office, thankfully so.

As for toons, I'm glad my shows are half supported by children, so their cancellation wont happen for a while. :yess:

tumblr_m0wpfkGfDT1qeabdh.gif

Honestly theres no differance in Family Guy, Futurama or South Park and the Simpsons, all 4 shows do the exact same subject matter, same current event plots, have resorted to the same kinds of humor. They all have the Walmart is taking over our small town episode or whatevr. I always laugh when I hear some elitist nonsense like my toilet humor cartoon is better than yours. I watch all 4, the only differance is the character's names.
Yeah...no.

There's a HUGE difference in quality.

Futurama has clever humor, characters that actually matter, and fun stories. Same with South Park for the most part.

The whole concept of Futurama is unique and interesting. Fry getting frozen in the cryotube, waking up a thousand years in the future. All the designs, characters, etc. How anyone could say Futurama is the same lame-*** garbage as Family guy is insulting. Have you not seen Jurassic Bark? Or Luck of the Fryrish? Such well-made, touching episodes that have actual meaning.

Family guy has none of that. There's no plot, there's no point, the characters are so damn unlikable and annoying. The show has no heart or reason for existing. It's stupid "humor" for stupid people. And there are a lot of stupid people in this world, which is why Family Guy now has two clone shows. One of which is even more pointless (Cleveland Show).

This is pretty much all Family Guy is:

31164-Brian-vomit-gif-1ZSg.gif

And this:

And a lot of this:

tumblr_mbzq3uOK0B1qa3gue.gif

With a little sprinkle of this:

Family-Guy-family-guy-28351043-190-180.gif

The Simpsons is just dull and boring. It hasn't been funny for the past 50 years or however long it's been on. That's the only problem I have with it.

Since Futurama has been back I don't think it's been as good as the first four seasons, though this past season was getting there. And now it's cancelled. Again.

Family Guy has nothing to do with Futurama getting cancelled. At least in this case.

It was probably because Futurama got oddly edgy, and more vulgar when it came on CC. That sorta put me off. It didn't have as much subtlety as it once did. But I felt this during it's first new season run. Midway through, it just didn't work for me.

I've only noticed a slight drop in quality with the first 1-2 seasons after it came back, but this last season was almost on par with the original four IMO.

And it pushed it to a direction that works for most people.

I don't like anything Seth does...except for Ted, which didn't make me laugh a whole lot, but I enjoyed that he wanted to tell a story.

But hey. It doesn't bother me that it exists. Although It does bother me when I watch it. Eh.

I've seen every Futurama since it premiered back in the day, also every South Park, and Family Guy, but stopped watching The Simpsons about 5 years ago or more. It's not the amazing thing you're trying to make it out to be. It is, like Family Guy, a cartoon from the people at Fox. Of course Family Guy has plots, many reoccuring, many things we've seen in the Simpsons and South Park. Futurama apply modern day current event plots to the sci-fi futuristic angle but at the end of the day, they just want to make you laugh and kill a half hour. It's the Simpsons in space.

Didn't watch any of them. Don't even know what most of them are about or who is in any of them. Simpsons was far superior to those other lame cartoons mentioned, but it's a pale shadow of what it used to be of course.

Didn't watch any of them. Don't even know what most of them are about or who is in any of them. Simpsons was far superior to those other lame cartoons mentioned, but it's a pale shadow of what it used to be of course.

It was just the originator of the idea/outline that all of the shows follow. But I agree if you can only credit one, it should be Simpsons since it was the first to tackle such material and had just as solid a run at one point. South Park and Family Guy are both getting just as tirersome, as I said mainly because they all do the same thing. Watch the Walmart episode compairson, where a Walmart comes to both towns and takes away small buisnesses and people start selling out and working there and ultimately the Walmarts need to be destroyed. Futurama is pretty much the equivilant to American Dad. Not quite a spinoff but pretty much the same show in a slightly differant setting.

ABC
Happy Endings: got 2 seasons on dvd, only watched most of season 1, not too excited to get into the rest, but there when ready. Had a few laughs, but nothing spectacular.

666 Park Avenue, started to get into it, didn't see the last episodes but was ok, didn't expect it to go far.

NBC
Smash, got s.1 on dvd for the wife, not bad, hot girls, well done, alot of drama...of course. S.2 introduced the new love interest that makes you cringe everytime he is on, I can see why this got cancelled after this season, lost alot of the charm s. 1 had.

1600 Penn, had only a few laughs per episode, was getting better towards the end, but I know this wouldn't make it.

OTHER
Futurama (COM), bummer, watched from the beginning, always liked it, hate when good cartoons dissappear.

Futurama is not a clone of The Simpsons in space. If it was, I'd be watching The Simpsons too.

Characters are more fun and interesting. Stories are more interesting. Humor is more mature and witty. etc etc.

Plus The Simpsons ran out of new material over a decade ago. There's just nothing left to do in that show. It'll just linger on...forever, and ever and ever...until the end of time.

Futurama also has the best theme song. And "Bite my shiny, metal ***" > "Eat my shorts"

Back