2013 Canceled Shows (So Far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Futurama is not a clone of The Simpsons in space. If it was, I'd be watching The Simpsons too.

Characters are more fun and interesting. Stories are more interesting. Humor is more mature and witty. etc etc.

Plus The Simpsons ran out of new material over a decade ago. There's just nothing left to do in that show. It'll just linger on...forever, and ever and ever...until the end of time.

Futurama also has the best theme song. And "Bite my shiny, metal ***" > "Eat my shorts"

Maybe your too young to know this(not insulting I just dont know your age), but Futurama never at any point came close to the Simpsons when that show was at it's height, in ratings, popularity, originality, anything really. Simpsons was on at a differant time in the world even though it was only the 90s, media, there wasn't really an internet, cell phones, culture and the reception of shows like that were way differant. I remember standing in line for an hour at the arcade at the roller rink so we could play the Simpsons arcade game. Groening created and runs both shows, so yea it's the Simpsons in Space, and it's been around for like 10 years longer than Futurama(in terms of staying on the air constantly) so of course it's gotten old. I love Futurama, as I said I remember when it was on Saturday mornings, but it's no differant, just seems fresher if you haven't seen the same plots in every other cartoon. Theres a reason the shows been canned twice.

That arcade game was the best. As was Ninja Turtles, and X-Men. Of course, those other shows are aping what Simpsons did first, but I would definitely argue that Simpsons also did it best. Putting aside the various situations and antagonisms that came up, Simpsons was freaking hilarious during its peak. That's why it is the best. Those other shows never were nearly as funny. Simpsons is (technically, was) one of the small handful of funniest shows in existence in my opinion. Stands up to Monty Python, All in the Family, the British Office, Arrested Development, you name it. South Park and Family Guy succeed because they're willing to be taboo. And so it seems as if they are funnier than they really are sometimes because of it IMO. It's gimmickry that has worked for them, though.

I always felt Futurama was pretty mediocre.

Oh yea, all those side scrollers backed up by current cartoons like the 90s X-Men and TMNT. You'd wake up and watch them on tv saturday morning than everyone would race their bike to the arcade to be the first there and play until they ran outta money. People would wait an extra half hour, just standing there, no cell phone to text with or w/e, just so they could play as Wolverine rather than whoever else. :lol I always loved Colossus because his yell during his special move was hilarious.

I always felt Futurama was pretty mediocre.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PNGq7tDWMQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PNGq7tDWMQ[/ame]

Maybe your too young to know this(not insulting I just dont know your age), but Futurama never at any point came close to the Simpsons when that show was at it's height, in ratings, popularity, originality, anything really. Simpsons was on at a differant time in the world even though it was only the 90s, media, there wasn't really an internet, cell phones, culture and the reception of shows like that were way differant. I remember standing in line for an hour at the arcade at the roller rink so we could play the Simpsons arcade game. Groening created and runs both shows, so yea it's the Simpsons in Space, and it's been around for like 10 years longer than Futurama(in terms of staying on the air constantly) so of course it's gotten old. I love Futurama, as I said I remember when it was on Saturday mornings, but it's no differant, just seems fresher if you haven't seen the same plots in every other cartoon. Theres a reason the shows been canned twice.
I'm talking about the past 8-10 seasons of The Simpsons. It's stale and boring. Doesn't compare to Futurama.

It's been several years since I've seen the earlier seasons of The Simpsons but I remember enjoying them. I'll have to check them out again.

When Futurama gets from 7 upto 24 seasons you let me know if it can still come up with original plots. Oh wait they got canceled again because as I said, those of us who do watch other cartoons have seen the same stale boring Futurama plots already.

525 Simpsons Stories vs 124 Futurama Stories. Do you really need to know anything else? :dunno

Simpsons was going downhill, but the last few seasons, must be new writers, have seemed to bring back what I missed from the old episodes....except ones where the story revolves around lisa, or a celebrity (usually) hated the ones with Bart's old girlfriend, Cletus' daughter voiced by Zoey Deshanel (sp?) her voice irritates the hell out of me.

Simpsons may suck now. But my god, that show still holds up in the earlier stuff. Really smart, well done comedy. Perhaps the best ever. Best to forget what it is now.

When Futurama gets from 7 upto 24 seasons you let me know if it can still come up with original plots. Oh wait they got canceled again because as I said, those of us who do watch other cartoons have seen the same stale boring Futurama plots already.

525 Simpsons Stories vs 124 Futurama Stories. Do you really need to know anything else? :dunno

TV math, wow you must be onto something. :lol

Eh I just googled how many eps there were but it's common sense. 500 stories from anyone, I don't care if it's James Bond, Tony Stark, or Kate Upton and your banging her, you're gonna get bored. Besides that's all ratings are.

I liked Vegas would have liked to see more of it. Rules of Engagement was another that I checked into but you could tell it was coming to an end.

I loved Happy Endings. I'm sad to see it go. There's talk of maybe USA Network picking it up, but I'm not too optimistic about that.

And Max from Happy Endings had a great bit part in Iron Man 3!

The first 9 years of The Simpsons was some of the best TV ever made.

Futurama's first run was fantastic, even though it never found a wide enough audience. I think much of it's humor was above the heads of a lot of people. While it had some crude humor, it also had humor that science buff's would only get, like the joke about observing an outcome, changing the outcome, I forget the term for that. It's second run was pretty hit and miss, and the movies they made were not too good in my opinion.

To call Futurama The Simpsons in space, simply because it was created by Groening is just wrong. The Characters were toally different and bore no resemblance to any Simpsons character, unless being dumb (Fry) is the same as being Homer, or obnoxious (Bender) the same as being Bart.

My personal favorite episode was "Roswell that Ends Well" where Fry became his own Grandfather. Genius.

I don't watch any of those shows that got cancelled. I think this is the first year that has happened. :lol

I thought Community was a goner, but I heard it got picked up for at least 13 eps and Dan Harmon may be coming back now that Chevy Chase has quit. I hope that happens as I have to admit this season has been meh for the most part.

Back