Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
Is the Metal Gear Solid Trilogy Coming To PS3 in HD?
Written Friday, January 21, 2011 by Richard Walker

According to 'insider whispers' overheard by Official PlayStation Magazine, Hideo Kojima's seminal Metal Gear Solid trilogy (the ones that came to PlayStation 1&2 presumably, rather than the '80s NES originals) will be getting a high definition makeover.

Metal Gear Solid on PSone, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater are ripe for an HD upgrade, but whether we'll get all of the extra content lavished on the games with VR Missions for the first game and Substance and Subsistence versions for 2&3 respectively, is unknown. It'd certainly be nice though.

There's no mention of a date, price or whether it'll be a Blu-ray disc, PSN download or both, but we'll stick our neck out and say that if indeed Metal Gear Solid is coming as a trilogy - and it's a rumour don't forget - it'll be offered as both a retail disc and PSN download.

We'll hide in a cardboard box and wait for more MGS Trilogy HD news to emerge hopefully in the near future. We've already got big red exclamation marks over our heads at the prospect though.

https://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-2699-Is-the-Metal-Gear-Solid-Trilogy-Coming-To-PS3-in-HD?.html

I never got to play MGS3 so I will be watching this one closely.

Not interested if it's a half-assed cash grab. HD collections should be a celebration lavished with cool extras, not just a 1080p upgrade.

This set needs to have the Subsistance, Substance versions of the sequels and the Integral/VR Missions expansion for MGS1. Should also contain a wealth of bonus features and video content, i.e. all of the MGS Saga dvd release contents. Period.

Loved the Gamecube redo of MGS1. I'll have some of that along with Sons of Liberty. Never got into MG3

If you don't want nor get this, cash in your man card. I don't see anyone can be negative about this, some of the best games this past 20 years in one set, HD, trophies...amazing.

I'll definately pick this up. I haven't played any MGS games in awhile because I lent them out to a friend, who lent them to his friend without my knowlage who took off with them.

Sony is kicking ass with these HD collections! I'm getting all of the ones announced so far :rock

The original was sullied by the crap-fest that was Twin Snakes, so MGS3 pulls ahead by about 10000 miles.

The first is my favorite as well, but MGS3 is a close second. Then it's MGS2 and my least favorite of them all is Twin Snakes.

Back