Xensation af22 the advisor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics!!! :clap

I case anyone is wondering what the 5th map is that's rolled up.... it's the same 3-fold map of Westeros.

I didn't even think to unroll that haha, good to know. They even did the maps so well. I feel like I'm gushing whenever I think about this figure, but at it's cost there's no reason to miss this one.

My friends are super critical of figures (they also collect) and we had them over for a recording session, and legit they couldn’t put Tywin down.

Wow super nice looking. Thanks for pics. Do you guys think the hair needs just a little blonde in it? Looks really Grey to me .

Should be getting mine from MoF today or tomorrow. Cant wait.

Great pics Viking Spawn and Wor-Gar! :clap :clap :rock

Great to see this figure getting such (deserved) positive reviews:)...am really looking forward to receiving mine (and also looking forward to seeing who Xensation decide to release next.

I wish more figures like this, for prices like this, could be made.

Aye. I hope Xensation gets the rapturous praise this has got and plan to make more. Even with the cheaper bits of this figure he's still really great. I'm super glad to have the table, chair and maps, too. I've been making my own furniture to go with Tyrions map markers so these will help build a diorama. This figure looks good just standing with his arms at his side. Charles Dance had a certain intimidating presence as Tywin and this figure catches that.

This figure is seriously awesome. Got mine and did my mods. Repainted the hair and beard, replaced the hands, glued some very thin cardboard on the inside of his outfit to make it more crisp and flat and painted the inside and edges of his belt the same maroon color.

That’s it. Far and above a better figure than any threezero and consistent with asmus’ better stuff. And for that price? No brainer
Looking forward to your upgrades, Raymond. I was going to ask what color do you suggest I use for that pale blonde color that's mixed in with the gray for his hair. I'm curious to see what you did with the cardboard. That isn't anything I considered.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Oh, and just fyi, my figure wasn't packaged very well from KG. The art box was in a regular cardboard box with a single air packet thingy in it. The shipping box had a nice size hole in it (enough to get a hand through) and the art box was smashed a bit resulting in a crease down the entire front/ center of the box. The figure was fine. Other than the damage the art box itself is nice with the figure and accessories resting in foam inserts. I wish all companies used those foam cutouts for their figures.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yup I did all that with the hair and beard repainting. Seriously loving it now. People have been asking me I know so I’ll post pics eventually.

As for the colors I always use Tamiya acrylic and com arts translucent secondary colors.

I never really keep track of how I mix colors, I warm it up or cool it down based on my classical training in the fine arts, just wanted to go with a warm gray with lighter highlights in certain areas. Used the com arts ocre color for his beard as that’s the most yellow area on his face. Lighter highlights at the corners of his goatee and bottom of the beard.

Did not strip any paint except his hairline it was too abrupt and I wanted more subtly as his hair is thinning at the top.

Never use reference pics from the show for stuff like that unless the character is wearing a wig or something like that. If it’s their natural hair or face tone use PR or red carpet shots always. It’s the most honest. Artistic lighting from film production influences how things look on screen.

Last edited:
Yup I did all that with the hair and beard repainting. Seriously loving it now. People have been asking me I know so I’ll post pics eventually.

As for the colors I always use Tamiya acrylic and com arts translucent secondary colors.

I never really keep track of how I mix colors, I warm it up or cool it down based on my classical training in the fine arts, just wanted to go with a warm gray with lighter highlights in certain areas. Used the com arts ocre color for his beard as that’s the most yellow area on his face. Lighter highlights at the corners of his goatee and bottom of the beard.

Did not strip any paint except his hairline it was too abrupt and I wanted more subtly as his hair is thinning at the top.

Never use reference pics from the show for stuff like that unless the character is wearing a wig or something like that. If it’s their natural hair or face tone use PR or red carpet shots always. It’s the most honest. Artistic lighting from film production influences how things look on screen.

Any chance you can post pics? Would love to see how he turned out.

Received mine last week. For the price it is a steal. Clothing is more like 100% polyester instead of a real cotton or similar thing, but it works.

0bnnqs10.jpg

xb-so_10.jpg

Can only recommend.

Got mine the other day. Pretty damn slick for $104 shipped. Love the sculpt and the simple outfit is good enough. Looking forward to the next release.

This release has literally made me question what I thought I knew about the business model of stuff in this hobby. I’ll have even less tolerance when companies especially those who hold official licenses (threezero I’m talking about you) fail to deliver on high quality as they can’t hide behind the price justification any longer.

Mine arrives tomorrow, should be cool to see what everyone is raving about. Nice that anyone so inclined can pick up the entire Lannister family now.

Got mine today! :yess: Completely agree with what everyone else is saying, for the money this is a really great figure! :)

It's crazy, right?

All this time we've been being programmed to believe that a good figure couldn't be produced for less than $170 or so. HT wants you to believe $200 is the low bar.

You look at this for $100 and then at HT's Luke Skywalker Tatooine figure from 5 years ago -- both with similarly easy outfits -- and ask: does the extra $100 really go to licensing?

This was my first Xensation figure, and I'm already looking for what else they're making so I can support them. I will definitely buy every GOT figure they produce going forward.

Just opened him up, very nice figure at an excellent price. Sculpt is brilliant except for the visible seam. Hope Xensation makes more 2nd/3rd tier characters like this!

As an unrealistic aside this is not my favorite costume for Tywin. I prefer the look pictured below. But the cost would almost certainly prohibit anything like this from ever happening.
2c8820c5fb71c501472b3a2c7f6c3fdf.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Back